MXXX: Can any modules be coaxed to behave like Trackspacer?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure what you mean by dynamic threshold. MSD can work exactly like trackspacer. It takes the sidechain input, splits it into hundreds of different frequencies and then adjusts the frequency of the main track according to the frequencies of the sidechain. Its not a static frequency spectrum, if the sidechain frequencies change the compressed frequencies change. It seems like MSD already has the features you requesting.

Just noticed that the detector had somehow reset itself to "input." I noticed the same thing earlier today, too. Not sure what's going on there, but maybe that explains why I had a static curve that matched the sidechain (taken before it switched), but the live feed wasn't working.

I just relaunched, and it seems to be working as you describe now. Hmmm... wonder if I triggered that by reloading a patch or something like that, and failed to notice the switch. Will have to keep an eye on that.

Thx to all as usual.

Apologies for the confusion. Apparently I shouldn't have skipped my coffee today.

No problem. I’ve done the same thing plenty of time. There are so many controls its easy to overlook something.

I want to make a video about MSD in the future, but I need to do more research.

I know this is a really old thread, but hoping maybe somebody here can answer this question. I see people sharing code snippets above. Are these presets for MSD? If so, how do get the copied code into my MSD?

TIA,

KS

kingsinger wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:18 pm I see people sharing code snippets above. Are these presets for MSD? If so, how do get the copied code into my MSD?
I think most of them were for MSD, but one or two may have been for MXXX. You'll just have to study the context of the post.

As for how to get these snippets to become presets, first select and Ctrl-C the posted code.

Then, with the target plug-in's UI open, click on the Toolbar button to open the Toolbar. Down at the bottom you'll see an icon that looks like an arrow pointing away from a clipboard. It means "paste." I've found it hard to remember which button is which, but if you consider the clipboard icon to be the system clipboard, an arrow pointing away from it is appropriate.

Unfortunately, I don't find "31-band ducking" in the MSD Online Exchange, but pasting it from the clipboard did work. Haven't tried it in a mix yet.

Return to “MeldaProduction”