u-he Colour Copy 1.0 - release candidate

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tasmaniandevil wrote:
cnt wrote:Switching presets while playing back a project in Cubase 9.5 causes Cubase to stop all playback of all audio channels. It's more or less the exact same reaction as when enabling/disabling (not bypassing) a plugin in the insert chain.
I am using VST3 64-bit.
That's a Cubase quirk, actually, and not a bug in our plugin. Whenever a plugin reports a changed latency, Cubase will update the plugin delay compensation. This leads to a short audio dropout. With VST2, this will only happen if the latency value really changed, but with VST3, Cubase does this compensation update, no matter if the latency changed or not. But we will try to improve the latency reporting of ColourCopy, so that this happens less often. In the meantime, you can use the VST2 version to avoid the issue.
Ah, thanks for that information. That is really bad coming from Steinberg... Its kind of a showstopper for VST3 if true. Though I can't recall having issues with other synths or fx plugins running vst3 when changing presets, not Hive either. I might have been using vst2 versions of plugins unknowningly... Im not at my DAW right now, will check tomorrow.

cnt wrote:[Though I can't recall having issues with other synths or fx plugins running vst3 when changing presets, not Hive either.
This is because if there is no latency setting reported during preset change, then there will be no problem with the VST3 version.

Don't worry, we changed the way ColourCopy reports the latency to the host, so this problem on preset switch with the VST3 in Cubase will be much improved in the final release version. :wink:
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Im curious, how does AMP ducking work in ColourCopy, is it like a compressor put after delay? its internal as i understand and there is no need to route anything. What about when delay is on send chanel? it just proceeds any incoming signal via compressor?

Purchased the full version, should I use the beta serial or my own for the beta version?

Your own.
rsp
sound sculptist

Would it not make more sense for the noise floor to be applied just to to the repeats rather than the whole signal?

todd_r wrote:Would it not make more sense for the noise floor to be applied just to to the repeats rather than the whole signal?
That isn't how a hardware units would work, is it?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Your own.
rsp
Thanx m8, it worked fine :D

tasmaniandevil wrote:
cnt wrote:[Though I can't recall having issues with other synths or fx plugins running vst3 when changing presets, not Hive either.
This is because if there is no latency setting reported during preset change, then there will be no problem with the VST3 version.

Don't worry, we changed the way ColourCopy reports the latency to the host, so this problem on preset switch with the VST3 in Cubase will be much improved in the final release version. :wink:
That is great to hear. Thank you for the awesome support.

if you allow me...

...a more precise a slightly more detailed delay time could help in finding the best ringing frequency in the makeup of drones (as the example and presets I’ve posted before)

I think this has his interest because there is an accurate recreation of this effect and it musical responsivity is close to optimal, ...so if it doesn’t need a deep re-coding ?

I love this plugin. When I run digital synths through it, it can make them sound analog. When I run analog synths through, I can make them sound like something else. It's more than a delay. But when used as a delay, there is nothing else like it.

todd_r wrote:Would it not make more sense for the noise floor to be applied just to to the repeats rather than the whole signal?
That’s the current behavior. The repeats (wet signal) gets noise, the dry doesn’t.
Turn mix to 0% and you wont hear any additional noise.

Elektronisch wrote:Im curious, how does AMP ducking work in ColourCopy, is it like a compressor put after delay? its internal as i understand and there is no need to route anything. What about when delay is on send chanel? it just proceeds any incoming signal via compressor?
In this Mode the compression is happening in the wet signal path (delay output) with the input signal as the sidechain input. The input is the same regardless of whether or not you use it as send or insert.

Finally took some time to check the new version out.
I love how easy it is to get organically evolving delays out of this thing.

Here is one instance of ACE through Colour Copy:
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/colour-copy-test-02

I could listen to those dissolving delays for hours :hihi:

Glad there are presets now. I used a modified one in a song of mine recently. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “u-he”