GSI VB3-II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VB3 VB3-II

Well, the Hammonds released in VB3 hiatus (Blue3 and B-5) kinda setted the market price for a Hammond plugin at $99, so it's not that unexpected the price, and it's fair.

But IMHO, the upgrade price should be lower. But no hard feelings at all, as I think that I will upgrade, eventually.

And about the plugin: it's CPU intensive or it's still light as original VB3?

Still pretty light. Doesn't go above 1% CPU on my 6700K@4.5 GHz.

No more spring reverb? :(

Plenty of other spring reverbs out there. The one that's in there now is much improved anyways.

BBFG# wrote:From what I can tell, the two presets implying they are, are just a Hammond type approximation of them. No actual modeling of specific transitor organs.
V1.4 had two wavesets for transistor. (but not as good as Martinic)
ImageImage

No transistor organ is not a big loss IMO, the martinic freewares are much better, and arturia really nailed the job if you really want some good transistor organs.

For those who are surprised by the upgrade price, I can only say: download the demo and see for yourself, you will see that it's not an update, it's another software.

VB3 II is actually years in the making, trough the CRUMAR MOJO, always enhanced years after yers, and finally coded from the ground in vst. 75+VAT ain't cheap for an update, because it's not, it's the sound engine of a 1700€ pro keyboard.

Anyway the best is to make your own opinion if the update worth it or not, the demo is free

BTW there is a reverb included (in amp and fx section)

about CPU: I don't have the pervious version installed but it's lighter than B5 (on my cpu, according to reaper : 1% for vb3II and 1.6% for B5)

EvilDragon wrote:Plenty of other spring reverbs out there. The one that's in there now is much improved anyways.
I don't know if 'improved' is the right word as it's totally a different type of reverb. Not very great sounding either- but at least it doesn't ring on certain notes like the previous spring reverb did. I miss having it before the Leslie too. :(

Has anyone seen this for sale on a 3rd party Web site?
It's always nice to skip the 20% tax if possible ;)
I looked at everyplugin, JRRSHOP and Audiodeluxe - don't see it takes though.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

The thread seems to be stuck complaining about the upgrade price, but how does the actual plugin compare to 1.4. and Blue3? :)

I didn't see it specifically noted on the plugin info on thier site or got a chance to read through this whole thread yet, but does this come with the separate Leslie effect version VST too? The Leslie emulation is/was half the best part of the old version. Loved using it on guitar and other sources. It's as good or better than IK's Leslie, and still better than any of the other Leslie sims (separate VST effect or built into the synth) currently.

The problem I have is this is priced like a high-end plug-in upgrade, but this doesn't feel like professional software (at least not the AU demo version). Clicking on a settings button opens the window BEHIND the main screen every time - completely hidden until you figure out you need to move the main window to the side. Factory Presets are listed in the generic AU preset picker, but they are missing the preset names (they are all named "Welcome to VB3-II"). Clicking on the preset name in the main window goes into name edit mode...? You have to right-click to see the preset list (especially weird on Mac). Seems like this behavior should be reversed (right-click to rename). GUI is not resizable. I guess I'm spoiled by developers like u-he that suffer over all the details - and still give cheap (or free) upgrades.

metalifuxx wrote:I didn't see it specifically noted on the plugin info on thier site or got a chance to read through this whole thread yet, but does this come with the separate Leslie effect version VST too? The Leslie emulation is/was half the best part of the old version. Loved using it on guitar and other sources. It's as good or better than IK's Leslie, and still better than any of the other Leslie sims (separate VST effect or built into the synth) currently.
No separate effect, at least not on the AU demo.

Sorry but this software is way overpriced. I have too many organs already. Good luck to guido.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

While I also think the price is too high the point that rules this plugin out for me is the copy protection.
If it was the price alone I think eventually I had bought it, but c/r completely rules it out for me.

A couple of months ago, gg-audio.com was looking for beta testers for their "upcoming version 2.0" of Blue 3.

The intrigue is tightening… ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”