GSI VB3-II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VB3 VB3-II

So happy to see this released. Sounds great, although I wish some of the presets were matched a bit closer to the original. The new version is technically great, but I’ll be tweaking a bit before I delete 1.4.

Spitfire31 wrote:
pyer wrote:vb3 is just not the same B3 emulation than VB3 II, it's a completely different software, the best is still to download the demo to compare by yourself. Consider it as owning the exact sound of a CRUMAR Mojo.
@pyer:
Do you know if VB3II has bespoke provisions for being controlled and played from a Crumar MOJO, in the same way as B5 but ideally just 'plug'n'play'?

That would make it interesting for me as a MOJO owner – instead of having to pipe the MOJO analog output into my sound card, the whole process could be in the box.

Kind regards,

Joachim
I don't know, but I guess it would make sense. You can load midi maps files, so I guess they made (or would do) one for the Mojo.

You can ask on the facebook page or by mail as Guido is quite active on customer support

For me, the question would be: how stable is it? as I would need it in live situations.
I had a try with the "key performer" in the past and it seemed quite buggy and crashed frequently.
ImageImage

No AAX? Does this version work with Pro Tools via wrapper? The first version was full of bugs.

Shame this doesn't come with Vox Continental or Farfisa sounds like the old VB3 did.

gsi gemini seems like a nice box too
ALmost all instruments are physically modelled and a V.A. thrown in .
https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=43
I remember gsi from back in the early 2000's mr.ray , mr tramp vst , with the photoshopped sunglasses on the gui . :lol:
Never knew they went the hardware route
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

NAD wrote:Shame this doesn't come with Vox Continental or Farfisa sounds like the old VB3 did.
Slightly OT, but the Arturia Farfisa and Vox are excellent. They were originally coded as Combo Model F and Combo Model V by Martinic and subsequently acquired by Arturia with new a GUI and lots of little bells and whistles added. Very good stuff. I have a Fafisa VIP 255 sitting in my room that needs to be recapped, but I honestly have no fire burning under my butt to have any work done to it due to how good the Arturia version is.

After having waited for years, that "€75+tax" upgrade price is totally unthinkable. For me as for many people that I have read in many places it is a true cold shower. A total No-go. I'll stick to the version 1.4 and never buy that version 2 if Guido doesn't come back to a much more reasonable price. We purchased the version 1 for 50 euros (VAT included) and would have to upgrade for twice that price ??? Hey... he dreams ! How many users will have upgraded in one year ? When an upgrade costs the same price as the price paid for the first version it is already something rarely seen. And here... almost twice the price ??? For faithful users for years and years ???

And in addition I will never more purchase a C/R license to a company which is not a very big company with very solid shoulders showing a strong assurance about the future of its life. But my main reason to run away that upgrade is that totally absurd upgrade price for users who had been faithful for years and years. That the price for new users is €100+VAT it can be understood. But €75+VAT meaning €90 VAT included for long time faithful users... he can keep his plugin. The club of users of this upgrade will not be very big.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Not to mention, I had to buy 32Lives in order to continue using VB3v1, since they refused to make the mac version 64bit that whole time, even though they easily could have, and should have, done so. While Vb3II sounds like it must be wonderful, I actually really love the tone of VB3v1 and I don't actually want or need anything else...I just want it 64bit and there is no way I'm going to pay 75 euros for that. So it sounds like a Mojo...ok, but why would I care? That's a new product and that's fine. Its a new product I don't actually need. They have a new product and they're offering VB3v1 users a slight discount to the new product. They are not really upgrading Vb3v1 at all and probably never will.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

I'm pretty sure the framework Guido previously used doesn't make it easy to do 64-bit Mac, but VB3-II is done with JUCE so that's all good there.

As for AAX, there's some stuff that needs to be paid up front for PACE signing the plugin, dunno the amount, but it could be prohibitive for a smaller dev.

BlackWinny wrote:After having waited for years, that "€75+tax" upgrade price is totally unthinkable. For me as for many people that I have read in many places it is a true cold shower. A total No-go. I'll stick to the version 1.4 and never buy that version 2 if Guido doesn't come back to a much more reasonable price ...

...But my main reason to run away that upgrade is that totally absurd upgrade price for users who had been faithful for years and years.
New product costs more than original, but I'm interpreting this as a major upgrade. He's crediting you half the price you originally paid. Isn't the developers effort worth 75 euros for a significantly improved B3? This is appears to be more than a gui facelift.

... or am I missing something in your faithful support? :?

Maybe his mistake was not charging new users 125 so that your upgrade price would save you more.
------

I'm impressed and will be purchasing. Full price, first time user. :tu:

I totally agree!
As a professional reviewer, I've referred to VB3 often over the years, when comparing other virtual Hammonds, but I sure won't be doing so about this new version. That upgrade price is atrocious. Heck, it was 39 euros when I got it back in 2012. Then again, he is from Italy so maybe Don Corleone has something to do with the pricing. :roll:

Also, this C/R crap?!? I agree that C/R is not as much of a concern where companies like IKM and PreSonus are concerned, but for an independent like Guido. Totally not acceptable. :x
BlackWinny wrote:After having waited for years, that "€75+tax" upgrade price is totally unthinkable. For me as for many people that I have read in many places it is a true cold shower. A total No-go. I'll stick to the version 1.4 and never buy that version 2 if Guido doesn't come back to a much more reasonable price. We purchased the version 1 for 50 euros (VAT included) and would have to upgrade for twice that price ??? Hey... he dreams ! How many users will have upgraded in one year ? When an upgrade costs the same price as the price paid for the first version it is already something rarely seen. And here... almost twice the price ??? For faithful users for years and years ???

And in addition I will never more purchase a C/R license to a company which is not a very big company with very solid shoulders showing a strong assurance about the future of its life. But my main reason to run away that upgrade is that totally absurd upgrade price for users who had been faithful for years and years. That the price for new users is €100+VAT it can be understood. But €75+VAT meaning €90 VAT included for long time faithful users... he can keep his plugin. The club of users of this upgrade will not be very big.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

I bought it easily even at a full price (despite owning the previous version, so how about that). Looks like a lot of people that can't manage to save some dough a bit, around here. :)

The comment about there being transitor organs in the previous version got me to just go and check. From what I can tell, the two presets implying they are, are just a Hammond type approximation of them. No actual modeling of specific transitor organs.

I've always liked the presence and 'meat' of this plugin and considered it often but didn't leap on v2. This news did get me to download the V3 demo and it's all I expected it to be (except that the stand-alone crashes everytime on my Win 10 machine), works fine in the DAW though.

Price doesn't seem so high for it.
But I guess having it has lost any importance to me now. :shrug:

EvilDragon wrote: Looks like a lot of people that can't manage to save some dough a bit,)
It's obvious, there are too many other interesting products (and their payable upgrades) :P

As well, the problem is aggravated by the fact that previous version it's already self-sufficient electro organ emulation, ie this is not something that would be in the update case with some synth with new modules.

Return to “Instruments”