GSI VB3-II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VB3 VB3-II

Any first thoughts? I'm quite happy with AcousticSamples B5 and/or the IK Leslie, would VB3-II be an improvement or just a variation? I don't love how many of the GSi products never saw 64-bit updates and how long this took, so there's not a lot of confidence that this will continue to be supported in the future. Plus, I just spent a decent clip on more acoustic treatments for my room, so I'm unlikely to even demo this at the moment.

That said, if it's a huge upgrade on what I already have it may be worth checking out. If it's just another variation on an organ/leslie combo and not necessarily an improvement, then it's something I can skip.

jbraner wrote:Instabuy here too. I love VB3 as it is now, so as long as the (upgrade?) price is reasonable (I'm sure it will be) - I'll buy it. ;)
So, how do you like it? The upgrade price was an insta-turn-off for me.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I really wanted to buy this, but after having bought the B5 in the meanwhile the upgrade price is faaar to much for me.
Last edited by rasmusklump on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ok additional to the high upgrade price this seems C/R now. So I am out for sure.
C/R from a company that looked like dead for 10years... no thanks, had this before.

Yeah, he really needs to be more aggressive with his upgrade pricing, considering the competition that's come out in the years we Mac users were waiting for a 64-bit VB3. I'm very happy with Blue3 (and its Leslie plugin), B5, UVI Rotary, the new EARevolve, and heck, even Logic's B3/Leslie is OK in a pinch. I'll have to pass on this upgrade.
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 12.6 | MOTU 828es | MOTU M4 | Studio One 6 | Logic 10.7

rasmusklump wrote:ok additional to the high upgrade price this seems C/R now. So I am out for sure.
C/R from a company that looked like dead for 10years... no thanks, had this before.
Didn't know that. That is going to be a deal breaker for me too. My confidence in future updates is already low, adding C/R into the mix is an absolute no go.

I admit I’m very disappointed by the high upgrade price also especially after waiting so long for 64bit on the Mac. I will wait and see. It will have to be undeniably amazing to warrant that now.

What does C/R Mean?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote:I admit I’m very disappointed by the high upgrade price also especially after waiting so long for 64bit on the Mac. I will wait and see. It will have to be undeniably amazing to warrant that now.

What does C/R Mean?
Challenge and Response. Your computer generates a unique challenge key, then you need to go to the company's website to get the response code to unlock it. If the company goes belly up, you'd lose the ability to unlock the plug-in again on future systems. For a small company, it's a risky method because they could easily go out of business.

Dewdman42 wrote: What does C/R Mean?
Challenge response copy protection.
Once the company closes or chooses not to answer mails anymore you can't use the instrument you have bought anymore in case you get a new Computer, Motherboard etc...

Oh yea I get it. Well I would hope that if gsi goes belly up guido would release a final update that doesn’t use C/R but it’s a valid point, though GSI has been around quite a while, even though it’s a small scrappy company, I doubt it will go away. It still yea kind of annoying.

Anyone know if the license can be used on more then one machine? Like daw machine plus laptop? If it’s one machine per license then I’m out for sure.

I am burned already by two companies that promised such an final update and never put them out, so a developer can promise what they want, I don't believe them anymore, more so as you can't do anything at all in such a case, and will not buy c/r software anymore.
I even got rid of all of my N.I. software.

I'm upgrading regardless. CR is not a dealbreaker for me. Guido's amazing work absolutely needs to be supported, he's a cool guy.

Wow, that´s an expensive update price. :(
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Wow!

I am extremely not worried about NI. I could not live without kontakt.

It’s defintely a valid point.

I am guessing that gsi has to be a bit more aggressive about this one because vb3ii is the engine behind the mojo keyboards. There could be some licensing restrictions from mojo. Just speculating.

Either way it does not bode well for this plugin in terms of sales. I don’t think they care. Also gsi doesn’t really need to make any money on it since they actually developed the instrument a long time ago for mojo. In fact if you buy one of the hardware boards you were previously able to obtain a standalone version of the software instrument also. All they did now was wrap it in a plugin and make it available for everyone.

90 EUR upgrade for a plugin that costed 50,00 EUR and didn't get updates for a decade and sneaking in c/r. Really a cool guy....

Return to “Instruments”