[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

bsp804 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:57 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:40 pm bsp804, I did get a crash a little earlier somewhere in the process of trying to change a preset (x64 version in Cubase 10.0.20). Not sure if this dialog helps, but this is what popped up.
It helps very little but I took an "educated guess" and added some multithreading related changes. With a bit of luck this will (also) resolve this issue.
Thanks for the patches, btw !

Release #2 for today (full changelog):

Code: Select all

** April 23rd, 2019
- update Bidoo.*                0.6.27 => 0.6.28
- update LindenbergResearch.*   0.6.4  => 0.6.5
- update patches
- replace std::mutex by std::recursive_mutex (stability)
- protect setProgramChunk() by engine.mutex (stability)
- update win32+win64 plugin SDK
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-23Apr2019b.7z (win64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-23Apr2019b.7z (win32, unsupported)
VeeSeeVSTRack plugin SDK
Thanks again! I'll report back if I continue to see crashes.

May I suggest you also download VCV_Rack and have a look at some of the patches here... https://patchstorage.com/platform/vcv-rack/
1: some patches might require developers you have not installed
2: I have not tried this but some patches might work in veesee.
3: As mentioned you tube. Some of the guys excel at their instructional vids
4: If you're into using FB, there is a very friendly group https://www.facebook.com/groups/vcvrack/about/
5: and a forum/ community https://community.vcvrack.com/

That should help get you into your cable tangled web>> ;)

EDIT: This guy is very much worth watching.. Start at the beginning ofc.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuWKHS ... VSeNH4gYAg

And this guy.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrRI1a ... gpibT6pQGQ

It's unfortunate that the parameters don't report their name to the host, I just see a number of the parameter ID.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:19 pm It's unfortunate that the parameters don't report their name to the host, I just see a number of the parameter ID.
If you need it for controlling the parameter with some hardware, most good hosts should have "MIDI learn" button.
Works in REAPER at least.
But for automation... Yeah, pain.
I think it can't be "fixed" - it is just how it works.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Hi I am noticing a strange bug in Audible Instruments Plaits when turning knobs in Fl studio, somehow all of the sudden the mouse gets locked onto a knob - even though I didnt try assign it to a hardware controller. Im just turning the knob using the mouse. It locks on and the cursor vanishes.

let me know if you can find the mouse bug. Thanks
Last edited by xtreme sounds on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melodyz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm Hi I am noticing a strange bug in Audible Instruments Plaits when turning knobs in Fl studio, somehow all of the sudden the mouse gets locked onto a knob - even though I didnt try assign it to a hardware controller. Im just turning the knob using the mouse. It locks on and the cursor vanishes.
I've had a similar experience in Cubase (x64 VST2, Windows 10). Haven't honed in on the cause yet, but two things will usually happen (might be at the same time, not 100% sure):

1. I'll be moving a cable and it'll "stick" to the mouse. By that I mean an attempted cable connection will follow the mouse cursor around wherever it goes in the VeeSeeVST GUI without the mouse button being depressed. Like the cable will just latch on to the mouse cursor. Even if the mouse leaves the VeeSeeVST GUI and returns, the cable will pick right up and follow the mouse. The only way to stop this is to either make a connection or click somewhere on the GUI where you can't make a connection.

2. Every now and then, Cubase will lose keyboard focus on VeeSeeVST. Like I said, might be related to issue #1, might not. I'll be on the lookout now. But basically, I won't be able to type in any values. The text cursor will not appear in any text boxes. I can still to do everything I need to with a mouse, but I basically need to close the project and restart it if I need to type anything.

Those two issues will only happen sporadically. It's not an all the time thing.

The good news is: the crashes I was experiencing before appear to be resolved (fingers crossed I didn't just jinx it).

Heres my new preset. just turn the lfo offset knob while its playing. If anyone knows how I can modulate the offset knob let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

One more thing Im noticing is that my setting always active is not saving in my settings.json file so when I reopen VCV I still have to change that option each time. Is that normal?

melodyz wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:33 am One more thing Im noticing is that my setting always active is not saving in my settings.json file so when I reopen VCV I still have to change that option each time. Is that normal?
Did you try the standard procedure in cases like that ?
Set the file to read only.

That is a brute force method, no guarantees if it will work.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

melodyz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pmIm just turning the knob using the mouse. It locks on and the cursor vanishes.
That sounds normal so far, or doesn't the cursor reappear when you release the mouse button again ?
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:37 pm 1. I'll be moving a cable and it'll "stick" to the mouse. By that I mean an attempted cable connection will follow the mouse cursor around wherever it goes in the VeeSeeVST GUI without the mouse button being depressed. Like the cable will just latch on to the mouse cursor. Even if the mouse leaves the VeeSeeVST GUI and returns, the cable will pick right up and follow the mouse. The only way to stop this is to either make a connection or click somewhere on the GUI where you can't make a connection.
If you drag a cable, move the mouse cursor outside the plugin window, release the mouse button, then move the cursor back into the window, the cable will stick (until you press+release the LMB again). It's a known issue. Maybe I'll look into this another day. Simple workaround until then: Don't release the LMB outside the window :hihi:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:37 pm 2. Every now and then, Cubase will lose keyboard focus on VeeSeeVST. Like I said, might be related to issue #1, might not.
Hard to say what's going on. My Cubase trial version expired long ago so chances are slim that this will be fixed anytime soon. Have you tried closing the plugin window (via the "x" button), then reopening it again ? (queue IT Crowd joke in 1, 2, ..) (
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:37 pm The good news is: the crashes I was experiencing before appear to be resolved (fingers crossed I didn't just jinx it).
... a-ha, so it's _your_ fault I had to build another release ;)
melodyz wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:33 am One more thing Im noticing is that my setting always active is not saving in my settings.json file so when I reopen VCV I still have to change that option each time. Is that normal?
The idle setting is saved and restored with each patch. While the "Save Settings" function will write the global configuration file (settings.json), the idle mode may change once you load a patch file (or a DAW project). So yes, it's normal.

Since I found a multithreading deadlock issue earlier today (the plugin froze while moving a slider), I reviewed the code another time and made a few more changes.
Fingers crossed I got it right this time ;)

** April 27th, 2019
- fix deadlock
- update patches
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-27Apr2019.7z (win64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-27Apr2019.7z (win32, unsupported)
VeeSeeVSTRack plugin SDK

Im just turning the knob using the mouse. It locks on and the cursor vanishes.
That sounds normal so far, or doesn't the cursor reappear when you release the mouse button again ?

Nope the mouse cursor never came back. I had to shut everything down and reopen it including the DAW

But this thing still rocks! yaaah!!!

Hello,
I'm getting this assert on all melodyz patches in my daw (and a few others too)
FLstudio 20, I7, Windows 10

Cheers,
David

@bsp804 - I'm trying the build for Linux but your bsp plugin's build system doesn't pass the correct paths for the dep static libs:

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/dlphilp/src/VeeSeeVSTRack/plugins/community/repos/bsp'
g++ -shared -o "bsp.so" -Wl,-soname,bsp.so -mtls-dialect=gnu2 src/AttenuMixer.o src/Bias.o src/DownSampler.o src/bsp.o src/Legato.o src/Obxd_VCF.o src/Rescaler.o src/RMS.o src/Scanner.o src/Sway.o src/TunedDelayLine.o  -L/usr/lib ../../../Rack_shared.a /dep/lib/linux_gcc/x64/libspeexdsp.a /dep/lib/linux_gcc/x64/glew.a /dep/lib/linux_gcc/x64/jansson.a `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs` -lGL -L/usr/lib -lm -lpthread 
g++: error: /dep/lib/linux_gcc/x64/libspeexdsp.a: No such file or directory
g++: error: /dep/lib/linux_gcc/x64/glew.a: No such file or directory
g++: error: /dep/lib/linux_gcc/x64/jansson.a: No such file or directory
../../../../dep/yac/sharedlib_linux.mk:33: recipe for target 'bin' failed
make[1]: *** [bin] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/dlphilp/src/VeeSeeVSTRack/plugins/community/repos/bsp'
makefile.common:11: recipe for target 'bin' failed
make: *** [bin] Error 2
Of course the correct libraries have been built and are in fact at their correct locations. A path setting needs fixed for the bsp plugin build but I'm not sure where to fix it. Suggestions ?

Best,

dp

StudioDave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:03 amA path setting needs fixed for the bsp plugin build but I'm not sure where to fix it. Suggestions ?
from the looks of it you forgot to run ". setenv_linux.sh" in the repo root directory (it sets $VSVR_BASE_DIR which is apparently empty in your build attempt)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”