[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

For some reason this version is not saving my favorites between sessions. I copies the settings.json file over from previous version to keep my favorites. But adding new ones is not saving - update I found a menu option to save favorites. Is this the way it works now?

Also when I reload a saved patch there is no sound in FL studio for some reason. seems to be something with my hardware synth acting as a midi controller. I turned it off then on again and everything reloaded fine. Or maybe it seems to be an issue when routing to a delay fx in Fl studio
Last edited by xtreme sounds on Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

This most recent build has lead to some crashing here in both Cubase and Studio One (Windows x64). Not sure if it's any particular module or what but it started out fine, then weird stuff started happening (mouse got lost, then popping with no audio in Cubase, and crashing in Studio One). Might just be me, but I'm gonna try rolling back.

bsp804 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:42 pm I ported it but forgot to link it.. This update should solve the mystery of the missing Skylights modules:
sweet awesomeness! wheep wheeeeep :party:

For some Reason (no pun intended hgeh!) i can't get this nor the VSV version of october 2018 to work in Reason 10.x
they both work fine in Reason 9.5.x though.

As soon as i load the plugin in Reason 10.x , Reason crashes and closes.
Can't find a crash log that would explain what happens.

So currently i can use it in Bitwig instead,
maybe anyone can confirm if it works for them in Reason 10.x ?

- Windows 64
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

bsp804 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:16 pm
Enjoy!
Is that an order....
OK, will do.
AND
Thanx so much for your initial work and this most unexpected update ))))
I hope not out of place for a bro_hug :hug:
:P

bionrg wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:31 am
bsp804 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:42 pm I ported it but forgot to link it.. This update should solve the mystery of the missing Skylights modules:
sweet awesomeness! wheep wheeeeep :party:

For some Reason (no pun intended hgeh!) i can't get this nor the VSV version of october 2018 to work in Reason 10.x
they both work fine in Reason 9.5.x though.

As soon as i load the plugin in Reason 10.x , Reason crashes and closes.
Can't find a crash log that would explain what happens.

So currently i can use it in Bitwig instead,
maybe anyone can confirm if it works for them in Reason 10.x ?

- Windows 64
sorry bsp,
i wrote too fast for myself!

this latest version 2019march_b
loads fine in reason 10.x

so somehow the crashing is fixed whatever you changed between this version and the one before it , fixed it!

okaaayyyy, i am outttttt patching time!!! :D :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :tu:
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

Thanks. I've linked that file on my GitHub page. Let me know when there are any updates !
melodyz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:19 am [..]update I found a menu option to save favorites. Is this the way it works now?
It's been like this since the September 5th release.
melodyz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:19 amAlso when I reload a saved patch there is no sound in FL studio for some reason. seems to be something with my hardware synth acting as a midi controller. I turned it off then on again and everything reloaded fine. Or maybe it seems to be an issue when routing to a delay fx in Fl studio
I noticed that when you hold down a note while loading a patch, the gate signal gets stuck. Reloading the patch resolves this. Maybe it's the same issue ?
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:11 am This most recent build has lead to some crashing here in both Cubase and Studio One (Windows x64). Not sure if it's any particular module or what but it started out fine, then weird stuff started happening (mouse got lost, then popping with no audio in Cubase, and crashing in Studio One). Might just be me, but I'm gonna try rolling back.
hmm, I tested it in Studio One 4.1.1 this morning (for an hour) and it didn't crash. Let me know if you can pinpoint this to a specific module.
bionrg wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:34 pm this latest version 2019march_b
loads fine in reason 10.x

so somehow the crashing is fixed whatever you changed between this version and the one before it , fixed it!
..but I didn't fix anything :-) I really just added the Skylights modules.
I tested the new version in Reason 10, just in case.

Here's another update. I found (+fixed) a major (memory read out of bounds) issue with the pitchshifter in Bidoo's REI module, which randomly caused loud noise bursts after loading a patch.

Call for patches !
Since this plugin did not come with any patches, I added a few (90) of my patches (see vst2_bin/patches/bsp/ folder) (pro-tip: drag'n'drop them from a file manager (much faster than using the "Open" dialog)).

It would be nice if other people would contribute patches, too.
Creating modular patches from scratch can be quite difficult for newcomers, so these could serve as a starting point for own patch experiments.

If you are willing to share your patches, just zip them, add them as an attachment to your post here, and I'll include them in the next release !

Code: Select all

** March 9th, 2019
- fix loud noise burst issue in Bidoo.REI module
- add patch collection (see vst2_bin/patches/bsp/, 90 patches)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-09Mar2019.7z (win64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-09Mar2019.7z (win32, experimental)

melodyz wrote: ↑Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:19 pm
For some reason this patch is crashing the audio output in FL studio. I wonder if one of the modules is not working. I noticed that everytime I reload this patch the idle mode is switched back to wake on midi note ON instead of always active.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

melodyz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 am For some reason this patch is crashing the audio output in FL studio. I wonder if one of the modules is not working.
I can't reproduce this with your patch in FL Studio 20 (demo).
However, there's a new global setting "fixDenorm" in the new release which _might_ fix your problem. You can enable this via the Toolbar by ticking the "Global Settings" -> "Fix denorm.floats and clip to [-4, 4]" option.
melodyz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 am I noticed that everytime I reload this patch the idle mode is switched back to wake on midi note ON instead of always active.
When I load your patch, the idle mode is set to "Always Active", like it's supposed to.
Keep in mind that the idle and oversample settings are saved with each patch. In your patch, the idle detection is off, i.e. "idleDetect" is set to 0.

Here's another update (could be the last one in a while).

This one fixes some keyboard issues and also adds support for channel aftertouch (in addition to poly aftertouch).

The new Rescaler module is meant to be used to fine-tune CC / velocity responses. It clips incoming signals to the input min / max range, then rescales them to the output min / max range.

The new Bias module can be used for filter keyboard tracking.

The "BSP 3340 lead 1.vcv" example patch demonstrates both modules.
Also see here for further info / documentation.

Code: Select all

** March 10th, 2019
- implement channel aftertouch (MIDI-1 module)
- add "fixDenorm" global setting (settings.json) (also editable via Toolbar)
- fix "Save as" (Ctrl+Shift+S) and "Revert" (Ctrl+Shift+O) keyboard shortcuts
- add module bsp.Bias
- add module bsp.Rescaler
- update patches
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-10Mar2019b.7z (win64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-10Mar2019b.7z (win32, experimental)

Thank you for the updates! I really appreciate the opportunity to already use VCV as a plugin!

I'm not sure if you're doing bug fixing any more, but here's something that happens with the larger resolutions:

GIF

1. The graphics get stretched vertically
2. The mouse hit detection is off vertically by quite a lot

I'm using Reaper 5.97 on Win10 by the way.

It's a known issue that's happening with certain DAWs.

As a workaround, close the plugin window after you've changed the resolution (click the window close button, "X").
When you reopen the window, the graphics should be good again.

@bsp804 - Updated package for Linux:

veeseevstrack_0_6_1_lin64_bin-10Mar2019b.tar.gz

Best regards and thanks again,

dp

Thanks again. I tried your suggestion on applying the fix denorm. It still doesnt work in both ableton and fl. I wonder if theres a bad module in there?

Here is patch that I call Trance machine. All you need to do is change the main oscilator and lfo settings (and filter) to create interesting basslines glitches lasers or whatever.

Maybe we can start a new thread to share Veeseevee rack patches?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

melodyz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:20 pmMaybe we can start a new thread to share Veeseevee rack patches?
In this thread is good. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

melodyz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:48 am Thanks again. I tried your suggestion on applying the fix denorm. It still doesnt work in both ableton and fl. I wonder if theres a bad module in there?
I have no idea (since it's working here). Maybe you could remove modules / simplify the patch until you find the module that's causing this ?
melodyz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:48 am Here is patch that I call Trance machine
added to GitHub patch dir
StudioDave wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:16 am @bsp804 - Updated package for Linux: [..]
added to GitHub Downloads

Regarding patches: let's just post them here (and I'll add them to GitHub).
(yesterday I added the "pulse lead 2" patch (uses channel aftertouch). Sounds quite nice through some delay ! also check out my guitar patches ("BSP tdly guitar*.vcv"))

Return to “Modular Synthesis”