Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:21 pm Did you create your skin in the same location as the default theme? If so, you'll want to move that into the Support\Themes folder before you install the new one. I'd probably make a second backup somewhere else too.

Best practice for creating a U-he skin:

1. Start by creating a new folder for your skin in [plugin name].data\Support\Themes\[your skin name]
2. Copy over any relevant scripts from the default theme that you plan on using (make sure to keep the folder structure the same, so scripts go in Scripts, panes in Panes)
3. Copy over any .png's from the default theme you plan on modifying (you don't need to copy over stuff you're not changing)

That will ensure that you can update your U-he products going forward without breaking anything, and always switch back to the default skin as needed.
When I created the modified skin, I simply backup the original GUI content files and placed them somewhere else in their own folder, then over written the original files that were there, rather than go by step 1 you highlighted. Creating backups was something I did often in the development of it...and at this second backing up the 4 gig folder I've created for myself, with big PSD files mainly. This time I'll create a proper directory which will help in the future when creating more modified skins and being able to use different assets, whist still going back to the current version. So starting with afresh .data folder, is what I'm starting with now.

Cheers :tu:
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:54 pmAlso, I take that, it's only the original blue GUI which has been updated to accommodate the wavetable stuff and not also the Honeycomb as well ?
And there we thought, it goes without saying that we updated *both* skins :wink:

Urs wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:11 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:54 pmAlso, I take that, it's only the original blue GUI which has been updated to accommodate the wavetable stuff and not also the Honeycomb as well ?
And there we thought, it goes without saying that we updated *both* skins :wink:
Thanks, that'll help with matching the colour settings of the old, to the new, without having to dig into the blue file and edit it manually to match the new elements which have been added. :tu:
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:35 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:11 pm
Thanks, that'll help with matching the colour settings of the old, to the new, without having to dig into the blue file and edit it manually to match the new elements which have been added. :tu:
or, you simply copy your backup into the themes folder... like Funkybot's Evil Twin says... it's very simple, future proof... doesn't get overwritten by updates...

Try it!

Return to “u-he”