IK MUltimedia UNO Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UNO Synth

Some people can multitask better than others, and it also depends on the job. But I hear you, if I'm in a state of flow coding I'm totally oblivious to everything else. The headphones are to block incidental noise for the first few minutes.

Thanks for the Synthmania patches, they're great. I listened while cooking for Thanksgiving, that I can multitask more easily!

What does the <HOLD OSC adjustment do in the MOD Matrix ?

Is it not possible to have the sequencer transpose via remote midi control OR local control ?
Chicks, Synthesizers, Guitars, Cars !!! :evil:

What mod matrix?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Anyone here who has the Uno Synth and Uno Drum experiencing issues getting the Uno Drum to follow midi clock from either USB or external (5 pin midi cable)... The reason I ask is I am having no success with my Uno Drum getting clock from the DAW with good timing.... If I have zero latency plugins and low latency ASIO buffers it is close but as soon as I load up a session it is out of whack. The Uno Synth will chase clock just fine via the external option.

I am going to try getting clock through the UNO Synth to the Uno Drum via the midi cables to see if it will work that way. Seems to be a buggy midi clock implementation in the Uno Drum.

zappacat66 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:56 am What does the <HOLD OSC adjustment do in the MOD Matrix ?

Is it not possible to have the sequencer transpose via remote midi control OR local control ?
When you press the OSC button and hold down for a moment, the OSC button will begin to blink allowing control of the Level 1 (OSC 1), Level 2 (OSC 2), and NOISE oscillator level using the 4 knobs on the left side of the UNO Synth. The "Hold OSC" is just letting you know how to access the functions to the left of the "<" symbol. When turning any knob not associated with a control on the UNO Synth, the display will read UNO. This is because nothing is being controlled.
Scotty wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:19 pm Anyone here who has the Uno Synth and Uno Drum experiencing issues getting the Uno Drum to follow midi clock from either USB or external (5 pin midi cable)... The reason I ask is I am having no success with my Uno Drum getting clock from the DAW with good timing.... If I have zero latency plugins and low latency ASIO buffers it is close but as soon as I load up a session it is out of whack. The Uno Synth will chase clock just fine via the external option.

I am going to try getting clock through the UNO Synth to the Uno Drum via the midi cables to see if it will work that way. Seems to be a buggy midi clock implementation in the Uno Drum.
That sounds odd. I would check with support when you can (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/). Once a ticket is open, PM me your ticket number. It might be worth trying the different SYNC options on the UNO. Both the UNO Synth and UNO Drum offer SYNC options for INT (Internal clock), EXT (Clock will be accepted from 2.5mm MIDI ports), and USB.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Oh! That Mod (Parameter) Matrix! Now I get it. I thought he'd posted in the wrong thread.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hi Ryan .. I did a day of extensive testing using all the clock options USB and External. It turns out that Midi Clock via USB or Midi Cable isn't accurate across any synths on my system if I have a lot of latency inducing plugins loaded up or if my ASIO buffers go past 512 samples.

The UNO Drum is particularly laggy with USB sync and does better with Midi SYNC.. It is more laggy than the Uno synths and drum machines I have.

Solution is to turn off latency inducing plugins and keep my buffer lower than 512 samples... then capture the audio from the Uno Drum and other synths before I start building my mix with latency inducing plugins like oversampled synths, and look ahead limiters for example. Regardless USB sync is slower for sure than Midi sync via cable with the Uno Drum. I am using the plugin and I have no midi conflicts or accidental midi traffic. Tested the timing using 3 different interfaces including teh Steinberg Midex 8 which is about as good as it gets if you are using the midi direct outputs which I am.

My approach is to trigger notes via USB and sync to the Editors via usb (Uno Synth and Drums) but get midi clock via a cable.

This may be a Cubase specific issue. I have got the same behaviour from Cubase version 8 up to 10 as these are installed on my computer.

Ryan_IK wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:51 pm
zappacat66 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:56 am What does the <HOLD OSC adjustment do in the MOD Matrix ?

When you press the OSC button and hold down for a moment, the OSC button will begin to blink allowing control of the Level 1 (OSC 1), Level 2 (OSC 2), and NOISE oscillator level using the 4 knobs on the left side of the UNO Synth. The "Hold OSC" is just letting you know how to access the functions to the left of the "<" symbol. When turning any knob not associated with a control on the UNO Synth, the display will read UNO. This is because nothing is being controlled.
Scotty wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:19 pm Anyone here who has the Uno Synth and Uno Drum experiencing issues getting the Uno Drum to follow midi clock from either USB or external (5 pin midi cable)... The reason I ask is I am having no success with my Uno Drum getting clock from the DAW with good timing.... If I have zero latency plugins and low latency ASIO buffers it is close but as soon as I load up a session it is out of whack. The Uno Synth will chase clock just fine via the external option.

That sounds odd. I would check with support when you can (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/). Once a ticket is open, PM me your ticket number. It might be worth trying the different SYNC options on the UNO. Both the UNO Synth and UNO Drum offer SYNC options for INT (Internal clock), EXT (Clock will be accepted from 2.5mm MIDI ports), and USB.

Hi guys... I just recently bought a 2nd hand Uno and I'm really loving it. I wasn't able to register it on the IK site and support wasn't too helpful (I asked too many questions, and only got 1 answer). I might have to go to the original owner and see if he can un-register the device... but my question: I was able to get the latest firmware and the editor. When I go into the editor, I have 4 available preset categories Haq Attaq, Synthmania, Blandy and 1 more (sorry not in front of the computer right now). I've read that these are "Signature Artist" presets... are there more than that? Just trying to figure out if it's worth the hassle of trying to get the synth registered or not. Thanks!

That sounds like all of 'em. There are a few commercial banks around, too, and they are cheap.

ok... thanks. I've seen/heard some of the commercial ones on youtube and I'll likely pick some up. Although I'm having fun just creating my own!

rekkid wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:00 pm Hi guys... I just recently bought a 2nd hand Uno and I'm really loving it. I wasn't able to register it on the IK site and support wasn't too helpful (I asked too many questions, and only got 1 answer). I might have to go to the original owner and see if he can un-register the device...
I believe the original owner has to buy a "License Transfer Token" for €20 and then transfer the UNO serial number to you.

I have a lot of IK products and many are great, but they do have a few consumer-hostile things like that...

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:26 am I believe the original owner has to buy a "License Transfer Token" for €20 and then transfer the UNO serial number to you.

I have a lot of IK products and many are great, but they do have a few consumer-hostile things like that...
wow... that is consumer-hostile. yeah hopefully I can get by without it.

thanks for the info.

For real, a transfer fee on HW? Is this a joke?

Wow, never heard about that before. Surely that's somebody taking the mick...!?

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:26 am
rekkid wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:00 pm Hi guys... I just recently bought a 2nd hand Uno and I'm really loving it. I wasn't able to register it on the IK site and support wasn't too helpful (I asked too many questions, and only got 1 answer). I might have to go to the original owner and see if he can un-register the device...

I believe the original owner has to buy a "License Transfer Token" for €20 and then transfer the UNO serial number to you

what the funk?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”