DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:59 pm
Gnuus wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:07 am With the Icon P1-nano the Move and Zoom buttons are swapped and the >| and |< buttons don't work?
Does the Nano have an editor as well? Can you check the assignments?
Yes, it has an editor.
I discovered that I have to put the zoom off to prevent the swapping, but the back and forward buttons still don't work.
What assignments do you mean?

dcarmich wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:22 am Which controller would give me the most "hardware-like" experience (with minimal shifts between the controller and screen) with DrivenByMoss? (I'm very impressed with Moss's work with the Push 3... how well does the Push 3 work without Live installed?)
All versions of Push and maybe the Novation SLMk3.

Tiny Bugreport for the SL MK3 (using the 23.2.0 drivenbymoss with 5.1.7 Bitwig).

When using the INCONTROL Mode together with the lightguide, the light for the pressed (or played back) key is only correctly lighting up when staying with the default Octave-Transpose setting. So, only with Octave = 0, everything is working as expected:
expected.jpg
As soon as i press "-" or "+" on the Octave Transpose function of the SL Mk3, the bug appears:
For "-", the light will appear at least one octave to the left of the actual note:
-1 octave.jpg
For "+", the light will appear at least one octave to the right of the actual note:
+1 octave.jpg
Thank you :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

nowiamone wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:20 pm Tiny Bugreport for the SL MK3 (using the 23.2.0 drivenbymoss with 5.1.7 Bitwig).

When using the INCONTROL Mode together with the lightguide, the light for the pressed (or played back) key is only correctly lighting up when staying with the default Octave-Transpose setting. So, only with Octave = 0, everything is working as expected:
expected.jpg

As soon as i press "-" or "+" on the Octave Transpose function of the SL Mk3, the bug appears:
For "-", the light will appear at least one octave to the left of the actual note:
-1 octave.jpg
For "+", the light will appear at least one octave to the right of the actual note:
+1 octave.jpg

Yes, that's a limitation of the device (since the transposition state is not known).

moss wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:42 pm
nowiamone wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:20 pm Tiny Bugreport for the SL MK3 (using the 23.2.0 drivenbymoss with 5.1.7 Bitwig).

expected.jpg

-1 octave.jpg
+1 octave.jpg

Yes, that's a limitation of the device (since the transposition state is not known).
Oh that's a pity. Thanks for clarifying
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

I am struggling a bit with the Flexi and my Faderfox controller.

I want the Green and Blue buttons in the lower left corner to trigger clips on tracks 1-8.
But I can not figure out how to set it up. Under the "Tracks" selection you can choose for Volume, Panorama, Sends etc all with a choice of Track 1-8.
But under "Clip" there is no track selection for "Clip Play" or "Clip Stop".
It only works for whatever clip I have selected in Bitwig already. I want the action "Clip Play" to correspond to a Track 1-8 in whatever scene is selected. It must be possible but how to do it?

When I play stereo audio from Bitwig 5.1.6 (also 5.1.7) through my Yamaha DM3 mixer (https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudi ... index.html) only the left channel is shown in the channel metering display despite audio being sent to both channels, as seen in this video. (The mixer uses the Mackie HUI standard, and I've attached MIDI Monitor transcripts from Bitwig 5.1.7 with DrivenByMoss 23.2.0 and Studio One 6.6 for comparison.)

The same issue occurs with DrivenByMoss4Reaper and the latest version of REAPER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPte2MIgwGc
DC_Bitwig_5.1.7_HUI_Test_MSGS.zip
DC_StudioOne_6.6_HUI_Test_MSGS.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mantras wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:30 am I am struggling a bit with the Flexi and my Faderfox controller.

I want the Green and Blue buttons in the lower left corner to trigger clips on tracks 1-8.
But I can not figure out how to set it up. Under the "Tracks" selection you can choose for Volume, Panorama, Sends etc all with a choice of Track 1-8.
It only works for whatever clip I have selected in Bitwig already. I want the action "Clip Play" to correspond to a Track 1-8 in whatever scene is selected. It must be possible but how to do it?
I decided against supporting a clip grid since all grid controllers are somehow already supported in Bitwig. Haven't tested but you can try to work around it by using actions (See the category "Clip Launcher").

dcarmich wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:25 am When I play stereo audio from Bitwig 5.1.6 (also 5.1.7) through my Yamaha DM3 mixer (https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudi ... index.html) only the left channel is shown in the channel metering display despite audio being sent to both channels, as seen in this video. (The mixer uses the Mackie HUI standard, and I've attached MIDI Monitor transcripts from Bitwig 5.1.7 with DrivenByMoss 23.2.0 and Studio One 6.6 for comparison.)

The same issue occurs with DrivenByMoss4Reaper and the latest version of REAPER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPte2MIgwGc

DC_Bitwig_5.1.7_HUI_Test_MSGS.zip
DC_StudioOne_6.6_HUI_Test_MSGS.zip
Thanks for reporting! I do not have a real HUI and none of the emulators feature 2 VU meters. Therefore, could never test this.
Seems the offset needs to be added to the 2nd byte instead of the 1st.

I just checked it in on GitHub in case you know how to build it yourself.

Thanks for the prompt response!

I was able to build 23.2.1 on a Fedora Linux 38 VM and it works flawlessly.
When might we expect a general release?
Last edited by dcarmich on Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

moss wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:01 am
Mantras wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:30 am I am struggling a bit with the Flexi and my Faderfox controller.

I decided against supporting a clip grid since all grid controllers are somehow already supported in Bitwig. Haven't tested but you can try to work around it by using actions (See the category "Clip Launcher").
Hello. Thank you for your response. I decided to map those 8 buttons to the Toggle Mute for track 1-8 instead.

If there is one wish though it is to develop a way to change scenes using the rotary encoder in the right lowest corner. Basically being able to select scenes up and down with the relative encoder setting and then fire off the selected scene with the push button function. This would require a 1x8 grid though.

hey there - i am struggling to find a way with generic flexi to assign the selected track's crossfade mode to either a or a/b or b ... can someone help me?

thanks already

gibson_g wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:47 pm hey there - i am struggling to find a way with generic flexi to assign the selected track's crossfade mode to either a or a/b or b ... can someone help me?

thanks already
It is not there since I thought it is not that important and nobody asked for it so far.

moss wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:49 pm
gibson_g wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:47 pm hey there - i am struggling to find a way with generic flexi to assign the selected track's crossfade mode to either a or a/b or b ... can someone help me?

thanks already
It is not there since I thought it is not that important and nobody asked for it so far.
aww okay thats why i am searching without any result :D
thanks for the info!

It seems that the new NI Kontrol S88 MK3 script does not support Polyphonic Aftertouch (yet). With the Bitwig script it works just fine, but with the Moss script I don't get any MPE aftertouch. Could this be a missing feature or am I missing something?

Return to “Controller Scripting”