DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

roonan840 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:58 pm It seems that the new NI Kontrol S88 MK3 script does not support Polyphonic Aftertouch (yet). With the Bitwig script it works just fine, but with the Moss script I don't get any MPE aftertouch. Could this be a missing feature or am I missing something?
Ah, thanks for pointing that out! Will be in the next update!

DrivenByMoss 23.2.1 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 5.0+
  • AutoColor
    • Fixed: Delayed the color change a bit to allow Undo to work.
  • HUI
    • Fixed: The right VU meter was not working
  • Native Instruments Kontrol
    • New: Mute/solo states are switched off in Parameter and Send Mode to prevent that the graphics get darkened in the display. Mute/solo buttons can still be used but state will not be visible in these modes.
    • Fixed: Added missing Poly-Aftertouch (available in 88-key model).
Enjoy!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
moss wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:16 pm DrivenByMoss 23.2.1 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de (https://mossgrabers.de)
  • Requires Bitwig 5.0+
  • AutoColor
    • Fixed: Delayed the color change a bit to allow Undo to work.
  • HUI
    • Fixed: The right VU meter was not working
  • Native Instruments Kontrol
    • New: Mute/solo states are switched off in Parameter and Send Mode to prevent that the graphics get darkened in the display. Mute/solo buttons can still be used but state will not be visible in these modes.
    • Fixed: Added missing Poly-Aftertouch (available in 88-key model).
Enjoy!
Wow :love:
This is just awesome :tu:
Fixed the same day. You don't even get this level of support with the most expensive service agreements. Thanks!!!!

Hello Jürgen and kvr forum.

1st, thanks for all the job you do!

2nd, I have an issue with Electra one MKII.
The second knob doesn't turn the parameter. It's stuck. And I can't navigate through the page with the button combination

Can i have help ?
I buy the electra one, only for your driver..

Thanks!

EDIT /
RESOLVED : the probleme was the takeover mode. he need to by set "immediate"
sorry for the post ^^

CharloX wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:32 pm Hello Jürgen and kvr forum.

The second knob doesn't turn the parameter. It's stuck. And I can't navigate through the page with the button combination

Can i have help ?

Thanks!

EDIT /
sorry for the post ^^
Did you check that it is not a hardware issue? Does the knob work in other templates?
If it does, upload the DrivenByMoss template again in case you did accidently edit anything.

Hi Moss,

Amazing work on the Akai Fire script!
2 questions:

1. As I use it solely for the XOX drum sequencer, is it possible to toggle/lock the Fire to the Bitwig channel where the drum machine is loaded? I want to be able to select a different channel in Bitwig without the Fire losing focus of the drum machine.

2. In note edit mode with the XOX drum sequencer, pressing a pad deletes the existing note, I have to press the pad a second time to turn it yellow. Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Just got a Kontrol S61 Mk III - I see stop is assigned to cycle between various options including param control which is good but how do I get it to control stop itself?

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:45 pm Just got a Kontrol S61 Mk III - I see stop is assigned to cycle between various options including param control which is good but how do I get it to control stop itself?
Simply use the play button. But you can also assign a different button for switching modes in the settings.

Errortrax wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 pm Hi Moss,

2 questions:

1. As I use it solely for the XOX drum sequencer, is it possible to toggle/lock the Fire to the Bitwig channel where the drum machine is loaded? I want to be able to select a different channel in Bitwig without the Fire losing focus of the drum machine.
Yes, but you need to do this in Bitwig. Click the little icon on the top of the Bitwig window to show the control device options. Hover over the track name and the device name and enable both pins which show up.
Errortrax wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 pm 2. In note edit mode with the XOX drum sequencer, pressing a pad deletes the existing note, I have to press the pad a second time to turn it yellow. Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?
No, this is not intended. Will see how I can fix this.

I have Kontrol S49 MK3, Bitwig 5.1.7 on Win 10. How are the correct settings in Bitwig please?

In the manual page 86 is "only" Komplete Kontrol 2 S49 et. listed, not Komplete Kontrol 3,
Is it the same for MK3?
1. Select the MIDI input and output ending with “DAW” as the first channel.
2. Select the MIDI input and output without an ending as the second.
What is the 1. and 2. channel?
mk3_bitwig_control.jpg
On the MK3 only DAW button is lit.

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:48 pm
CharloX wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:32 pm Hello Jürgen and kvr forum.

Can i have help ?

Thanks!

EDIT /
sorry for the post ^^
Did you check that it is not a hardware issue? Does the knob work in other templates?
If it does, upload the DrivenByMoss template again in case you did accidently edit anything.
Hey,

The probleme was the takeover mode. he need to by set "immediate"

But the shortcut for switching page with 3 touch knob still dosnt work..

Thanks again

moss wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:05 am
Errortrax wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 pm Hi Moss,

2 questions:

Yes, but you need to do this in Bitwig. Click the little icon on the top of the Bitwig window to show the control device options. Hover over the track name and the device name and enable both pins which show up.
Errortrax wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 pm 2. In note edit mode with the XOX drum sequencer, pressing a pad deletes the existing note, I have to press the pad a second time to turn it yellow. Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?
No, this is not intended. Will see how I can fix this.
Thanks for the feedback!

I managed to pin the Fire to the drum machine and the sequencer now stays focused on the last selected clip of this track, this is great! But if I select a different track, the first row on the Fire will show/launch the clips of the new track. So is it normal that the first row is not affected by the control device options (doesn't stay focused) or did I miss a setting?

I was also wondering, is it possible to have the sequencer follow the playhead and cycle automatically through the pages of a clip (instead of using the grid buttons)?

Hello. With the Launchpad, when a clip plays, its pad starts blinking and its color turns to green.

So when working with clips in a project, it's easy to start remembering which is which by the color we assign to it. And we can use familiar colors for certain instruments.

All this is lost when a scene plays. One has now to count them, which one is the Zebra2 synth ? Is it the fourth row, or the fifth - it's certainly not the color I gave it anymore !

Would it be possible to only blink a pad when a clip is playing, and keep the color it was assigned ?

moss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:45 pm Just got a Kontrol S61 Mk III - I see stop is assigned to cycle between various options including param control which is good but how do I get it to control stop itself?
Simply use the play button. But you can also assign a different button for switching modes in the settings.
Ah thanks, found it. I have temp assigned it to Quantize which I virtually never use but my preference would be the Metronome button as I always have that disabled in my projects as I find it a distraction. Would it be possible to add that to the list please?

babyblue wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:59 am I have Kontrol S49 MK3, Bitwig 5.1.7 on Win 10. How are the correct settings in Bitwig please?

In the manual page 86 is "only" Komplete Kontrol 2 S49 et. listed, not Komplete Kontrol 3,
Is it the same for MK3?
1. Select the MIDI input and output ending with “DAW” as the first channel.
2. Select the MIDI input and output without an ending as the second.
What is the 1. and 2. channel?mk3_bitwig_control.jpg

On the MK3 only DAW button is lit.

Thanks in advance
The setup is correct. The Browse and Plugin buttons get only active if you did load an instanceof Komplete 3 or Kontakt 7 on a track and this track is selected.

Return to “Controller Scripting”