DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Thanks, don't know why I did not try the double click. We already changed the colours, was more of reconsideration for next iteration. Keep up this awesome scripting work!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
moss wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:30 pm
kfrncs wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:45 pm /scrubbed
You need at least to have 1 MIDI input on your system, e.g. install a virtual or remote midi driver.
For future reference: This link (https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/1218/how-do-i-get-midi-inout-of-bws-on-linux) is what helped me solve the issue. Jack and ALSA don't play so nice together, so using a2jmidid (alsa to jack midi daemon(?)) fixed me up. Thanks for the guidance.

DrivenByMoss 6.3 is online!

https://youtu.be/EtPVwfnSTn4
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Added setting to store the last selected mode
    • New: MIDI CC is now available as a function destination
  • Komplete Kontrol
    • New: Added setting to flip the track/clip navigation of the encoder knob
    • New: Added setting to flip the clip and scene navigation of the encoder knob
    • New: Added setting to set the length of new clips
    • New: Added setting to set the behaviour on transport stop
    • New: Added M32 to the extension name
Enjoy!

Hi Moss,

NI integration looks awesome but I encountered an issue.

When installing Maschine Mikro Mk3 and Komplete Kontrol M32 according to instructions only the Maschine script notified it is successfully installed and is ready to use. KK M32 seems to function like a normal midi controller with no special functions available. The Mikro script seems to work, albeit the big knob is sending some mackie etc messages which only decrease the selected value (vol, pan or send 1) - maybe I missed something on installation I'll have to check.

Would be nice to get the KK m32 script also working but no luck so far.

I should note that I also use the Moss beatstep script which works as advertised on the BS.

Contour wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:10 pm Hi Moss,

NI integration looks awesome but I encountered an issue.

When installing Maschine Mikro Mk3 and Komplete Kontrol M32 according to instructions only the Maschine script notified it is successfully installed and is ready to use. KK M32 seems to function like a normal midi controller with no special functions available. The Mikro script seems to work, albeit the big knob is sending some mackie etc messages which only decrease the selected value (vol, pan or send 1) - maybe I missed something on installation I'll have to check.

Would be nice to get the KK m32 script also working but no luck so far.

I should note that I also use the Moss beatstep script which works as advertised on the BS.
Is this on Mac or Windows?
This is without loading a Maschine or Kontrol plugin?
Have you tried to restart your computer with both devices connected and turned on?

Hey, Moss!

Quick question - I looked all over and could not track down a rundown of the advantages of Push 2 vs Push 1 when using DrivenByMoss. Are there actually extra features only available on Push 2, or are the differences mostly aesthetic? A used Push 1 is about 1/3 of the price of a Push 2, so if they're functionally the same on Bitwig (I don't even own an Ableton license), I don't see any good reason to spend 3x the price on the Push 2.

Looking forward to using the script for my new Launchpad MK II. Also gonna check out Open Stage Control. Back into music yea :D

AliveThrouDeath wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:49 pm Hey, Moss!

Quick question - I looked all over and could not track down a rundown of the advantages of Push 2 vs Push 1 when using DrivenByMoss. Are there actually extra features only available on Push 2, or are the differences mostly aesthetic? A used Push 1 is about 1/3 of the price of a Push 2, so if they're functionally the same on Bitwig (I don't even own an Ableton license), I don't see any good reason to spend 3x the price on the Push 2.
It's more on the cosmetic side. Featureset is pretty identical.

moss wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:03 am
AliveThrouDeath wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 10:49 pm Hey, Moss!

It's more on the cosmetic side. Featureset is pretty identical.
The most powerful feature is clip and bitwig device pages integration. I consider the screen on push 2 to be the best "upgrade", I can control most VST's (like omnisphere and diva) and bitwig without using my monitor. The push 1 or 2 with instascale is also awesome in "piano" mode. I took me a while to adapt to the push "play" mode but I barely need my keyboard now and remaining "in key" is easy.

The only feature I'm missing is a keyboard up and down emulation to change my VST presets without needing a keyboard or mouse. So i have to agree with most users: DrivenByMoss turns bitwig in a controller boss.

For the push 2 was more expensive but the readability is of the screen doubles the user experience. The colours of the display make is easy to recognize your tracks. The VU meters are really helpful for the total overview.

see this little quick demo of the push 2 in bitwig

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gDUXEUxuZyg9njVv8

Hi Moss,

hope you are fine. I just installed your latest script 6.3 and set up the Launchpad MK II in the latest Bitwig 2.5.1. It seems that something triggers LED's to make them flicker just enough to be noticed, although the project is empty and nothing plays. Sorry if this has been talked about before, is this a known issue?

irre wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:44 pm Hi Moss,

hope you are fine. I just installed your latest script 6.3 and set up the Launchpad MK II in the latest Bitwig 2.5.1. It seems that something triggers LED's to make them flicker just enough to be noticed, although the project is empty and nothing plays. Sorry if this has been talked about before, is this a known issue?
Hmm, no real idea here. If you do not do anything and nothing changes which requires a redraw there should be nothing happening. However, the chip in the MkII is pretty slow and this could be an effect of this.

Hi moss,

You seem to be the authority on Bitwigs API 😉
(I really enjoy your work, and have many instances of your extension loaded)

But for my own extension (https://github.com/jorisroling/axyz-gems, inpired by your videos) I'm trying to make a button press (CC) moving the the next/previous preset **without opening the browser**. In the past there seemed to be functions like that (switchToNextPreset/switchToPreviousPreset), but they are now depricated in favor of the browser class.

Any thoughts on how to approach this, or do you think this impossible?

Regards,
Joris

Hello, I downloaded the latest version of the script (6.3) and copied the .bwextension file to the Controller Scripts folder but none of the new controllers show up in the list in Bitwig 2.5.1. Is this version unsupported?

"Hello, I downloaded the latest version of the script (6.3) and copied the .bwextension file to the Controller Scripts folder but none of the new controllers show up in the list in Bitwig 2.5.1. Is this version unsupported?"
You have to copy it in the Extensions folder

ArtKax wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:12 pm "Hello, I downloaded the latest version of the script (6.3) and copied the .bwextension file to the Controller Scripts folder but none of the new controllers show up in the list in Bitwig 2.5.1. Is this version unsupported?"
You have to copy it in the Extensions folder
Cheers, I'm blind.

Return to “Controller Scripting”