DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Dear @Moss,

I really enjoy the workflow with the APCmini, but I have an issue with the settings for the Fader Ctrl. I don't want the faders to control the volume, so I set them to control the send amounts, but when I restart Bitwig, this option is not saved, and I have to go again to the settings and change them. Am I missing something? Is there a way to deactivate the faders all together? I usually map them to various things in my session, so I don't need them to control anything by default.

Thanks again so much!

As I said, I haven't used a Touch in a very long time. I have used Logic and Bitwig for the past decade.

tiraquon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm I've just got a couple of the Intech controllers set up using the Generic Flexi and it is working great, I just can't figure out how to move the 8 track focus box over by 1 track at a time. Is this possible?
Bump!

tiraquon wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:48 am
tiraquon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm I've just got a couple of the Intech controllers set up using the Generic Flexi and it is working great, I just can't figure out how to move the 8 track focus box over by 1 track at a time. Is this possible?
Bump!
Me too. I am trying to configure a faderfox controller with a endless encoder to choose a scene and then play by pushing down the encoder button.

For clips there is "select next clip/previous clip" and "play clip". But for scenes there is no such option. It is only available to use with controllers for a set grid of 8 scenes.

Would it be possible to have a "select next / previous scene" and "play scene"? Basically track focus box over 1 scene at a time. It would be awesome.

With the Icon P1-nano the Move and Zoom buttons are swapped and the >| and |< buttons don't work?

Hempmaster wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:05 pm https://youtu.be/fSwYl409Zbg
There is an issue with auto-color it gets into a loop when trying to undo past naming of a track.
The only solution is to turn off the extension, undo and then turn it back on.
Could you please add a button here Image to bypass extension so that I don't have to open the settings every time I need to undo past auto-coloring? Or maybe like a 5-second bypass so that it turns back on automatically.
Thanks! Will be fixed in the next update!

mevla wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:27 pm Hello. Would it be possible to turn off unused pads in the Launchpad Mixing mode so that it looks as clean as Session mode ? I mean, unused pads in Session mode are not light up. Can it be also the same in Mixing mode ?

Here's a photo in Mixing mode. The light blue pads are actually white, although they turned out light blue on the photo.
You mean to have the white pads in black instead?

moss wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:28 pm
mevla wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:27 pm Hello. Would it be possible to turn off unused pads in the Launchpad Mixing mode so that it looks as clean as Session mode ? I mean, unused pads in Session mode are not light up. Can it be also the same in Mixing mode ?

Here's a photo in Mixing mode. The light blue pads are actually white, although they turned out light blue on the photo.
You mean to have the white pads in black instead?
If it means to have them lights not powered when unused, yes.

Is it possible ? It would be so much nicer to use this mixing feature without the Launchpad jumping in the face with all the unused pads lit up.
Last edited by mevla on Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mantras wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:13 am Hello. I would like to give a feature suggestion for the Flexi script. How about adding "Last touched" parameter as a controller destination like on the script for Push? It would be super useful.
Problem is, that there is no "last touched" knob/state in Bitwig. The implementation in Push is a bit of fake since the extension remembers the last touched knob.

Currently not. Will take note.

g_audio wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:49 am Hi @Moss,

I am using your OSC implementation and I seem to have a conceptual "problem" here. As I successfully avoided Java in 40 years of writing code (or better since its invention :)), and intend to keep it that way until I die, I wrote myself a nice client and server around it in Python. Works like a charm, BUT : at first I was positively excited as I read up to 200 parameters per bank page possible, perfect for the Faderfox PC12 for all the big VSTs and for 12 tracks worth at once. But what banks are we talking about here? Not device banks, right?

Because device banks still have 8 parameters per page in BW and I see nothing that can change that. I mean it is no problem though as when I reach parameter 9 on the PC12 I simply select device bank 2, parameter 1 and send the value there and vice versa, and so on.

So what is this about? About track banks then?

And what use has this graphical depiction of the MIDI surface in BW. Yes I see 72 pots now there (72 is what I set in the preferences) that do not mirror the control surface anyways - layout-wise - and I also only see 8 control filled of these 72 pots when I am on a device as it only shows the active parameter page, which consists of 8 control always, no matter what.

Would be glad of a hint regarding this.

Many thanks and Happy Easter
Cheers
Yes, you can configure bank pages to have up to 200 entries BUT it does not work for parameters! Actually it does but you always only get 8 parameters per page. No real idea why there is that restriction. Complain to Bitwig since this gets asked quite frequently.

gammatone wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:16 pm I'm having 2 issues which both happen whether in MCU Standard or MCU User mode.

1) The controller doesn't always initialize. It will show up in the "Controllers" settings, all in/outs are correct and "Behringer X-Touch One" is selected under 'Profile'. I often have to power cycle or unplug/replug the USB cable several times to get it to finally initialize correctly, otherwise it's simply inoperable.
Sounds like an USB issue to me. Check the port, cable, hub, ...
gammatone wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:16 pm 2) The Navigation FF/RW buttons and the Jog Wheel both only move in sections, jumping from 1.1 to 2.1 and so forth. There is no fine adjustment of where the play head is. I swear, one time when it was up and running it moved in ticks rather than jumping sections, but I've set and reset all the settings and anytime it's finally properly initialized it just jumps sections.
Yes, that is how it currently works. I would like to have a kind of adaptive mode as well but do not see how to achieve this with the current API.

modularfungi wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:46 am Dear @Moss,

I really enjoy the workflow with the APCmini, but I have an issue with the settings for the Fader Ctrl. I don't want the faders to control the volume, so I set them to control the send amounts, but when I restart Bitwig, this option is not saved, and I have to go again to the settings and change them. Am I missing something? Is there a way to deactivate the faders all together? I usually map them to various things in my session, so I don't need them to control anything by default.

Thanks again so much!
The last mode is currently not restored. Will take note.

Gnuus wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:07 am With the Icon P1-nano the Move and Zoom buttons are swapped and the >| and |< buttons don't work?
Does the Nano have an editor as well? Can you check the assignments?

Which controller would give me the most "hardware-like" experience (with minimal shifts between the controller and screen) with DrivenByMoss? (I'm very impressed with Moss's work with the Push 3... how well does the Push 3 work without Live installed?)

Return to “Controller Scripting”