DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

ToneSlave wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:48 pm Hello Jürgen. I love your OSC Bitwig extension but can it send note per note OSC message from Bitwig so I can have Unity gameobjects animation be triggered everytime a note in Bitwig is played?
No, it is not possible. I thought about it but it would give you a delay (and even unstable one), so it would not be usable for you.

Hi Moss,

Regarding the Ableton Push 2; within previous versions of your script I was able to change the font of the display, the current Driven By Moss version doesn't allow this anymore. Is there anyway that you could add another row inside the settings for typing in the Font name as it was in the Push2Display.config? I hope so as I really miss this option and the .bwextension hasn't got a text format so I can change it myself.

Many thanks!

Hello Jürgen,
Thank god for your scripts! I'm trying to migrate all of my songwriting to bitwig and your work on Push 2 is fabulous.
A couple times a month, I DJ for a... 'the' skating rink in Tokyo, located in Tokyo Dome.
Usually I use Pioneer CDJs, but I've been wanting to migrate to a Push 2 solution.
Is it possible to repurpose the touchstrip to act as a 'traditional' crossfader?
You did this with a little DJ unit and I tried that script with the Push, and it almost worked.
would you consider adding that as a touchscript option?
Also, is there a donation page I could contribute to?
Thanks for all your hard work.

Raffi wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:26 am Regarding the Ableton Push 2; within previous versions of your script I was able to change the font of the display, the current Driven By Moss version doesn't allow this anymore. Is there anyway that you could add another row inside the settings for typing in the Font name as it was in the Push2Display.config? I hope so as I really miss this option and the .bwextension hasn't got a text format so I can change it myself.
The Bitwig drawing API is different. To provide multiple fonts I would need to integrate them (no access to the system fonts).

sukebe wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:42 pm Thank god for your scripts! I'm trying to migrate all of my songwriting to bitwig and your work on Push 2 is fabulous.
A couple times a month, I DJ for a... 'the' skating rink in Tokyo, located in Tokyo Dome. Usually I use Pioneer CDJs, but I've been wanting to migrate to a Push 2 solution. Is it possible to repurpose the touchstrip to act as a 'traditional' crossfader?
You did this with a little DJ unit and I tried that script with the Push, and it almost worked. would you consider adding that as a touchscript option?
Strange, I thought this is already possible but it is not. Will put it on the list!
I am not at home and cannot test but did you try to assign a CC and map it to the crossfader as a workaround?
sukebe wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:42 pm Also, is there a donation page I could contribute to?
No, need to. I am in it for the fun :party:
But hey, I would like to see a photo of you performing with DrivenByMoss!
As well as other people here, maybe I could create a gallery then :)

Hi Jurgen,
Although you've written the settings of the generic flexi are not stored automatically, is there a way to make it so each time Bitwig is loaded ?
Or is there a way to save a generic flexi setting in controller script ###.control.js ?

Thanks a lot anyway, your plugin is so usefull !!

Mathieu

Mathiross wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:04 pm Although you've written the settings of the generic flexi are not stored automatically, is there a way to make it so each time Bitwig is loaded ?
Or is there a way to save a generic flexi setting in controller script ###.control.js ?
The last selected file is always loaded on startup. Watch the tutorial video on my Youtube channel.

moss wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 pm Strange, I thought this is already possible but it is not. Will put it on the list!
I am not at home and cannot test but did you try to assign a CC and map it to the crossfader as a workaround?
Actually, no. To be honest, I've not dug into how to do that in Bitwig. But, I will look through your vids to get an idea...hopefully.
To recap: I used your DJmode-template that is intended mainly for the Hercules controller. Deck LEFT is on if the fader is down, and off if up.
However, Deck RIGHT is on all the time.
I got that far; I don't know the Headphones will work.
I suppose some blanks in the top tracks can be used to 'turn off' the playing deck.
moss wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 pm No, need to. I am in it for the fun :party:
But hey, I would like to see a photo of you performing with DrivenByMoss!
As well as other people here, maybe I could create a gallery then :)
Ah, now that's a cool idea!

sukebe wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:49 am
moss wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 pm Strange, I thought this is already possible but it is not. Will put it on the list!
Actually, no. To be honest, I've not dug into how to do that in Bitwig. But, I will look through your vids to get an idea...hopefully.
Ah, now I remember again :-)
The ribbon always acts as the crossfader if you switch to session/clip view.

moss wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:24 am
sukebe wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:49 am
Ah, now I remember again :-)
The ribbon always acts as the crossfader if you switch to session/clip view.
Ah, you have to turn on A/B, right? Perhaps the template you made for the Hercules controller was before bitwig had the A/B option?

Just tried it and it does work! Wow. I'm gonna mess with this a bit and see if I can imitate some of the Ableton template FX implementations....
... ok, I'm back. I loaded Genys DJ template and it's working pretty good. With push, I can get around within the FX setup (I had to press 'up' once to get the five FX to show up as select buttons, then the knobs are available to tweak that effect.
I'm wondering if the ON/OFF switch can be coupled along with the select button somehow.
Anyway, I'm glad you didn't have to do a bunch of stuff. It was my mistake trying your Hercules template first.
Again, awesome work. Because of you, Bitwig is a better DJ solution with Push than Ableton! Seriously.

The last selected file is always loaded on startup. Watch the tutorial video on my Youtube channel.
OK, thanks for your answer. It doesn't work anyway and I think it's because I'm wired to my foot pedal with midi cable, not USB because when I tried to selected midi IN and OUT on none, and to select again my sound card where I'm connected with midi cables, and it did work just after, without clicking on IMPORT.
Maybe an idea of something to changer for your next version?
I'll be not concern anymore because I'm actually tweaking the pedal in order to connect it in USB, but for other users, it can be usefull.

Thanks again, have a nice evening !

Hello Jürgen,
Is there something in your way, bitwig-wise, that is keeping you from adding the option to start recording into an empty clip as opposed to the Bitwig timeline?
I've seen someone ask if it's possible, and it wasn't.
If it's bitwig, do you think if enough people asked, they'd open the door that's blocking you from implementing this?

Thanks!

Just started with Flexi to connect my Pocket Dial to the Device Parameters. I set the first 8 slots to the corresponding cc and to the relative mode the Doepfer Dial is sending. But only the first is acting correctly. All other 7 seem to be stuck on absolute mode, though I set them to relative. (I test it on the latest beta 3 btw...)
Also Flexi does not give me a save dialog on Mac, I can only select an existing file to set the destination (its an open dialog).
It also seems it does not do anything unless I define an out port (which is not connected and not necessary in my case...)

A general question, as I connect multiple controllers via a Midi merge box to the same input. Can I create multiple Flexis and are the Midi Messages then filtered out from being passed to the track? (I failed with my own script I made for my MixTAB, the cc 7 is still sent to the device...: - (

I just realize, it might be a quirk of Bitwig and not the script. As soon a parameter is not at minimum or maximum, the value can't grab the actual value. On my other scripts I would have to move for example a fader until it grabs the actual value. In this case it seems to receive 0 or 127 which both are not the actual value. In relative mode it has to just inc/dec to whatever is there...

sukebe wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:06 am Is there something in your way, bitwig-wise, that is keeping you from adding the option to start recording into an empty clip as opposed to the Bitwig timeline?
I've seen someone ask if it's possible, and it wasn't.
If it's bitwig, do you think if enough people asked, they'd open the door that's blocking you from implementing this?
No, there is no problem API wise. Where ànd with which extension/controller are you missing that feature?

Return to “Controller Scripting”