DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Dear @moss,

I am using DrivenByMoss 7.20. I send a OSC message to bitwig and it crashes as follows!

Receiving: /vkb_midi/1/note/55 [ 101 ]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at de.mossgrabers.controller.osc.module.MidiModule.parseMidi(MidiModule.java:154)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.osc.module.MidiModule.execute(MidiModule.java:70)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.osc.protocol.OSCParser.handle(OSCParser.java:85)
at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.daw.HostImpl.lambda$createOSCServer$0(HostImpl.java:169)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.opensoundcontrol.heG.OgB(SourceFile:317)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.opensoundcontrol.heG.OgB(SourceFile:294)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.opensoundcontrol.GJA.OgB(SourceFile:108)
at q2u.Qkj(SourceFile:202)
at QkO.run(SourceFile:91)
at q2u.run(SourceFile:102)

Hello,

Big thumps up for all the extensions!

Is the AutoColor.control.js still working in bitwig ?
Where can i find info on the placement into the bitwig directory structure on windows ?

Looking for done helpI am probably doing something wrong. I am using a push 1 and I can't work out how to add fx to a nested channel on a multi out device. Any time I use add fx it puts it after the device rather than on the individual channel. I have tried all sorts of combination of shift etc but still nothing. Is this possible?
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

vincenzoml wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:14 am I am using DrivenByMoss 7.20. I send a OSC message to bitwig and it crashes as follows!

Receiving: /vkb_midi/1/note/55 [ 101 ]
Argh, did a lot of internal changes to the OSC code and vkb_midi was the only thing I did not test...
Will be fixed in the next update.

dot.solenoid wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:11 amIs the AutoColor.control.js still working in bitwig ?
Where can i find info on the placement into the bitwig directory structure on windows ?
Should work fine but I suggest to use the version, which is integrated in DrivenByMoss. You find it under "Utilities".

ericj23 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:50 am Looking for done helpI am probably doing something wrong. I am using a push 1 and I can't work out how to add fx to a nested channel on a multi out device. Any time I use add fx it puts it after the device rather than on the individual channel. I have tried all sorts of combination of shift etc but still nothing. Is this possible?
It is currently not possible. I also looked into it again but the Bitwig API has still some limitations to find out where you are exactly in the track/layer/device hierarchy.

@moss Thanks a lot!

Hello Moss,
First, thanks a lot for your fantastic work.
I've just bought a new Push 2 and I'm in some trouble. I've windows 10 on surface book 2.
Everything is ok except in Note/sequencer - polyseq mode.
When I create a new clip, it's ok during 20 seconds or so, then some notes appear randomly, in the same bar (before or after ) or in the next bar, even if I'm in a one-bar clip. Sometimes everything is normal during 3 minutes and then suddenly ... one, two, several false note...

And I can't delete those false note anymore except if I re-press on the previous note I wrote. The new clip becomes quickly a mess and also in bitwig.

Also when I want to create a NEW clip, even in another track, sometimes the new clip is not empty but have already the pads lit from the previous clip I tried to record (but not real notes, nothing in Bitwig just the pads are lit). And I can't delete those pads at all.
Then when everything is stuck I close bitwig, and the push stay alight.
I shut off the Push, restart Bitwig and I've only the screen of Push with light, no pads, no button responds.
I then must restart the computer.

I thought it was the Push or a driver issue but I've absolutely no problem in Ableton live, I can play normally during hours.

It's very very weird, because I really would like to stay with bitwig.
If you've a solution or if someone else had also this issue and solved it, please let me know. Thanks in advance. :tu:

Invisble Man wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:15 am Everything is ok except in Note/sequencer - polyseq mode.
When I create a new clip, it's ok during 20 seconds or so, then some notes appear randomly, in the same bar (before or after ) or in the next bar, even if I'm in a one-bar clip. Sometimes everything is normal during 3 minutes and then suddenly ... one, two, several false note...
Does it happen only in the Polysequencer or in all sequencers?
Are the false notes only displayed on Push or are they somehow get inserted in the clip?!

Just release a little update 7.21 with a hotfix for OSC.

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • OSC
    • New: /playbutton - Toggles playback, you can configure the Stop behaviour in the configuration settings
    • Fixed: All /vkb_midi commands did crash
Enjoy!

moss wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:10 pm

Does it happen only in the Polysequencer or in all sequencers?
Are the false notes only displayed on Push or are they somehow get inserted in the clip?!
All of them. But the polysequencer is the worst.
In the Note/sequencer I can still delete the false notes by pushing on the pad.
On the poly, it's impossible and especially when I create a new clip with those pads already lit.

The false notes are displayed sometimes in Bitwig, but most of the time not. Very strange.

Also, when I'm in note/poly sequencer mode, when I make a new clip, the song starts. Normal.
But is it normal that I hear the note (or chord) when I select it, and IMMEDIATLY the notes are recorded on the sequencer, without pushing on the top of the sequencer itself ? It acts like I'm in play/record mode.
EDIT : OK. That's because the clip is in overdub mode. With shift+new, it's ok.
But I've still the other big problem. :cry:

Invisble Man wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:05 pm Also, when I'm in note/poly sequencer mode, when I make a new clip, the song starts. Normal.
But is it normal that I hear the note (or chord) when I select it, and IMMEDIATLY the notes are recorded on the sequencer, without pushing on the top of the sequencer itself ? It acts like I'm in play/record mode.
EDIT : OK. That's because the clip is in overdub mode. With shift+new, it's ok.
But I've still the other big problem. :cry:
What is your OS? Can you give some steps or at least some hints what you did before this happens?

So you confirm that in Poly sequencer mode, it's not normal that the notes are recorded immediately as I select them, even in overdub ?
I've tried now in drum sequencer, and also the notes are IMMEDIATELY written (on the pads and in Bitwig) when I just select the kick/snare/clap... in the little grid.

I'm with windows 10, surface book 2, old tascam audio interface but problem even with Wasapi.

Here is the process : start my computer, just bitwig and the Push 2 in usb directly on computer.
Just one instrument : polysynth.
note/ poly seq mode - create new clip, one bar - 1/8 grid
Notes recorded immediatly when I select them (thus difficult to make patterns, I have to delete the notes recorded and put them in the good place.)

I change on 1/4 grid , I press on 4 first pads in the sequencer to delete the notes,
write new ones, then immediately false notes appear on the polysequencer.

If I press second pad, fifth light
third pad, ninth light, fourth pad, thirteenth light
In bitwig, I have four quarters on the clip, normal, but if I want to enlarge to 2 bars, 3 bars,... I can't write the notes on the FIRST beat, because the pads are already stuck. I have to delete the notes of the first bar !

(Sometimes) if I want to make a 1/16 clip and then after a minute go to 1/4, the playhead sweeps the TWO first rows as I was still in 1/16 !
Re-press 1/16, re-press 1/4, playhead finally normal on 4 pads !!

I don't know what to do.

Invisble Man wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:17 pm So you confirm that in Poly sequencer mode, it's not normal that the notes are recorded immediately as I select them, even in overdub ?
I've tried now in drum sequencer, and also the notes are IMMEDIATELY written (on the pads and in Bitwig) when I just select the kick/snare/clap... in the little grid.
If you use the New button to create a clip, Launcher Overdub is activated since it is mainly intended to be used with the Play modes. If you don't want that use it with Shift (from the Wiki docs):
New - It creates a new clip on the selected track and slot, starts play and enables overdub.
Shift+New - Like New button but without activating launcher overdub.

Another tip, if you work a lot with clips: You can toggle the recording button in the settings, so it shows/toggles the overdub state instead of the arranger recording.

Will see if I can reproduce your other issue but do not have the Push here right now but sounds more like a Bitwig issue to me.

Return to “Controller Scripting”