Analog Obsession releases "N492ME" (Intro price)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Master it!
Colorful four-band eq with M/S and L/R functions!

True Component & Circuit Modeling
Re-drawing and designing original circuit carefully and emulated original fingerprint of gear with our technology. Carefully designed op-amps.

Fully emulated line-amps,eq and Mid/Side functions.

FEATURES

Four-bands with variable gain and sweepable frequency. It has internal Q with its own special design. Very musical with even with highest boost!

Low and High bands are working like shelf but actually they are really wide bells. And that’s why this eq sounding really great! With this feature,you can boost super-lows!

Master your songs with great Mid/Side or Left/Right features!

Now,this awesome EQ can be yours with all unique features!

Supported Plug-in Formats

AAX – AU – VST2 (Win/OSX)

Supported Operating Systems
Mac OS X 10.7 through 10.12
Windows 7 through 10
Pro Tools 10.3.10 or higher or any VST/AU-compatible host running on a supported operating system

Mac
Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)

PC
Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)

System Requirements
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM

WINDOWS AAX USERS MUST UNZIP AND PUT FOLDER INTO AAX PLUGIN FOLDER

INTRO PRICE $129 (REG. $159)

http://analogobsession.com/product/n492me/
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Way too expensive for a equalizer. Sorry.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

He have customers?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Man, you can buy a full fledged DAW for less, like Reaper, Harrison's Mixbus or Tracktion's Waveform!

Don't you think this price tag is a bit unrealistic for an EQ plugin?
Last edited by RafaelMorgan on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

murnau wrote:He have customers?
:lol:
RafaelMorgan wrote:Man, you can buy a full fledged DAW for less, like Harrison's Mixbus or Tracktion's Waveform!

Don't you think this price tag is a bit unrealistic for an EQ plugin?
Indeed.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:It is a lot for a simple plugin IMO, but Plugin Alliance are selling EQs for well over $200. Not that I think that's OK either, just saying.
Its not OK at all.

I'd rather buy a real hardware EQ isntead of a buggy plugin emulation for that kinda money.

Wasn't the Neumann W492 a 5-band EQ anyway?
Confucamus.

Rockatansky wrote:
Wasn't the Neumann W492 a 5-band EQ anyway?
Yep.
The Neumann W492 is a 5-band active EQ known for its clean, soft character and continuously-variable controls.

History:

The Neumann W492 was build in the mid of the 1980's. It was specially designed for live purposes and is one of the few danner cassette modules with continous variable controls. Other than most of the danner cassettes, the Neumann W492 equalizer uses hi-quality potentiometers instead of the common rotary switches inside. Neumann follows a long tradition of fine vintage German mixer modules, so all circuitry for the Neumann W492’s is high quality and build after the standards of the IRT (Institut für Rundfunk Technik). In the beginning these modules were built for radio stations exclusively due to their high factory price. Years later they found their way into recording studios around the world as used and, by now, affordable gear.

Design:

The idea behind the Neumann W492 equalizer was to build a eq module for live purposes, where the sound engineer often needs to change the eq settings. The five filters of the Neumann W492 can be switched on and off separatley and the whole filter section can be bypassed with the bypass switch. Due to this feature and the continous variable controls, the W492 can be adjusted very smoothly while the audio signal is audibly without causing unwanted level jumps. The downside of the continous variable controls is the lack of „recallability“, so the Neumann W492 might not be the first choice when looking for a stem or bus eq suitable for stereo signals.

Sound:

The W492b is a flexible eq with a relatively clean and soft character. Thanks to its five independent bands and continous variable controls, the Neumann W492 can be called the most flexible danner cassette eq. You can give any signal anything from slight coloration to wild EQ-ing effects. The Neumann Sound will always be there without destroying your signal.

I see 4 bands.

I agree about the price. For these type of tools 59$ or so is "okay" but everything beyond 100$, no thanks! (Unless it's incredibly special).

There is definitely room in the market for a solid competitor to Acustica Audio (basically meticulous/audiophile emulation) at the lower end.

Mr. Spock wrote:I see 4 bands.
Low cut with selectable frequency? No band? Band. 5 band.
Confucamus.

Rockatansky wrote:
Mr. Spock wrote:I see 4 bands.
Low cut with selectable frequency? No band? Band. 5 band.
ahh, then the massive passive is a 6 band EQ, if I count the HP and LP filters.

:-o

MogwaiBoy wrote:There is definitely room in the market for a solid competitor to Acustica Audio (basically meticulous/audiophile emulation) at the lower end.
Not OA, I forcast hell be gone within 2 years
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I kinda like the idea of this EQ. Is this the only Neumann 492 emulation, or are there other more trustworthy alternatives? I liked playing around with demos of this and the harrison emulation.

Return to “Effects”