New Synth: TAL-MOD

Official support for: tal-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod

I was just browsing their site and saw a product that I'd never seen before:

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-mod

I've never heard a bad TAL product so I'm pretty anxious to try this one out!

Wicked can't wait to try it too

Hm... doesn't seem to be available yet though, and they're obviously still working on the product page. The synth itself looks a bit like u-he ACE, with some patching possible. Not my cup of tea, i guess.

It would be perfect with the possibility to create custom module (vcv) or have a list of other module we can use ..i think it would be a nice intro for someone who want to begin with modular synth.

Bought.

It is in beta version (v0.97 beta), but I trust so much in Patrick that I bought it a few hours ago with my eyes closed.

Note: it is currently discounted. €40 instead of €50.

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Did go for this one right away!
TAL rocks!

Introductory price of $40 US (regularly $60) It comes with presets by Empty Vessel and Particular Sound (as well as a factory bank). I think it sounds pretty amazing. Honestly, I didn't expect it not to. I'll have to put it on my to-buy list for now. You also have full control over the color scheme:

That's really nice, a semi-modular from TAL. That must be good and it looks fantastic! :tu:

Although, as far as I can see it's just another 3-osc VA... it would be incredible if it was fully modular. Maybe that's the "next stage"... 8)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

is anyone else noticing in Ableton 10 Tal-Mod (1.0) being slightly off grid when using the Piano Roll. It sounds like a swing, but Sequencer is off and Arp is off.

It seems it's getting worse after some time. Also happens in Bitwig 2.3.

I'm testing the Demo, maybe in full version not happening?

have now bought it, but still having the problem.
anyone can confirm this?

i attached the Ableton Live 10 project and a mp3 for proof.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Full version is the exact version. It is at 1.00 now.. There is another thread here with lots more posts. U may also want to email Patrick and ask him.
Rsp
sound sculptist

yes posted also in the other, although some days ago, but did not get a answer to the problem directly. i emailed Patrick with this thread URL an hour ago.

thought a bug report/question would be more suited in his own sub forum.

My problem was fixed in 1.0.1. Thanks Patrick! Super fast communication and fixing :)

Just wonder why no one else has noticed this ;)

dermage wrote: Just wonder why no one else has noticed this ;)
You'd be surprised what bugs go unnoticed... I know another soft synth which has a major bug in the filter, and, after years, I still seem the only person who ever noticed, and it never got fixed either.

chk071 wrote:
dermage wrote: Just wonder why no one else has noticed this ;)
You'd be surprised what bugs go unnoticed... I know another soft synth which has a major bug in the filter, and, after years, I still seem the only person who ever noticed, and it never got fixed either.
yeah true. i can understand the developer side (as i am a myself a developer, i'm sometimes blind for obvious things, because i'm too attached to the product). But as this synth got so much praise in the other thread i thought maybe someone tested it thoroughly. Actually this bug was the first thing I noticed in the initial public beta from last week, after less than 5 minutes playing around with it.

And now to the synth: it's a great one, after the Midi fix i'm very inspired and just made the first track with it. Really a big sound this thing can do. :tu:

Return to “TAL Software”