Tape Emulation roundup

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abbey Road - J37 Tape

I have a license to reelbus v3, is there an upgrade? Didn’t see anything in the site. Although with cassette and phonec as fx I may not care. Is I just realized how much tape stuff there is in that airwindows bundle too. Going to have to check those out.

Hi Echoes,

If I remember correctly, there is no upgrade to V4. However, there is a discount if you own V3. I did contact support, via email, and they sent me a link to the discount page.

V4 has some nice additions and sounds great, imo.

Cheers

nilhartman wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:40 pm Have its sonics been updated as well ?
No
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Cartwheel wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:14 am Hi Echoes,

If I remember correctly, there is no upgrade to V4. However, there is a discount if you own V3. I did contact support, via email, and they sent me a link to the discount page.
This is an upgrade - that's how they call it themselves.

Whoever owns V3 should have gotten an e-mail (,to the e-mail adress that is linked to the V3 purchase) with the link to the upgrade page (which is still accessible). It was sent out in May 2018.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I still have the email for the upgrade to EQ V4 at £21.18, similar to the other upgrade offers, I'm sure the original launch prices were cheaper.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Jens, you are correct - I didn't get the original email in May 2018. In the reply I received, they call it a "discounted upgrade".

NeonNightflyer wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:54 pm
Unfortunately, the new EQ4 update completely overwrote every instance of EQ4 in my projects. They're all just empty templates now.
Seems there is an update available now for that (seems only to be happening for mac / AU)

Softube tape for my money, subtle... like a well maintained tape machine actually is.

BerryLaCroix wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:43 pm
NeonNightflyer wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:54 pm
Unfortunately, the new EQ4 update completely overwrote every instance of EQ4 in my projects. They're all just empty templates now.
Seems there is an update available now for that (seems only to be happening for mac / AU)
Yes I forgot to edit my post to indicate this. The update works. Thanks!

Deleted.

LVC PreAMPed has some tape models included in this multi-preamp plug-in.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/preamp ... io#kvrphd2
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

people say nice things about the Hornet tape which is cheap - I have trouble knowing what I'm listening for when I try comparing these things, mayybe you have to really work with them for a while

Voxengo Tape Bus!

Chowtape and ik tapes. Hands down

Caelum has a new version of their free tape plugin

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/caelum-au ... d-os-48840

Return to “Effects”