Mystery Blip

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dmbaer wrote:Will try it, but I don't expect this will help things ... and might even make it worse. Will report back when I have time to try this, however.
Yep, made it worse.

Here's the thing about this particular shape. This is supposed to simulate a sound source in an orbit.

We have a sound source in a circular orbit about a center point. The listener is in the plane of the orbit and (in this case) two radii distant from the orbit center. The shape represents the distance at any point in the cycle between the sound source and the listener. The cycle start (and cycle end) point represents the farthest the sound source is from the listener. The data coming from the shape must be continuous with no jumps.

Now, moving the shape to the Mod itself solves the discontinuity problem. But it introduces other challenges. For one thing, a second shape governing the pan position of the sound source is now required. This means a second Mod must be utilized. And that means we must only use Sync for cycle times. Otherwise, two independent distance and pan controls would not pull off the illusion. Also, a third Mod for Doppler effect is envisioned - that is if I don't give up on this little experiment and move on to something with a better chance at success. :)

I know it will make it worse, that was the whole point. I was trying to illustrate to you that the blip is coming from the transfer curve.
Try another way, put smoothing on 10% and slow the modulator to really really slow. Now surly you not going to say that its a blip anymore, right? It should now be obvious that it is a quick volume jump determined by the transfer curve.

You need to have the transfer shape put onto the modulator. Don't worry about having not enough mods, you only mentioned volume, pan and pitch, that is just 3 and there is 16 of them!
Also not a problem about them being in sync mode. Just use the normal free mode and then you can add all the mods to the same sync group, so that they stay in sync with each other.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote:Also not a problem about them being in sync mode. Just use the normal free mode and then you can add all the mods to the same sync group, so that they stay in sync with each other.
Ah, yes, yet another MeldaProduction feature I have never had occasion to use and of which I was barely aware. Great idea.

Return to “MeldaProduction”