Orb Composer - Generative music app

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orb Composer Artist S Orb Composer Pro S

Just got a mail that Orb Producer Suite 3.0 is released. Does not look too shabby.

https://www.orb-composer.com/orb-producer-suite/

I just go through their video's about upgrade now, to see if it's worth the upgrade price...

Well, the video about upgrade doesn't do it for me. New features" are rarely used. Lyrical melodies may do something for me, or may not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, new "improved" chord engine doesn't mean much.

Seriously, Orb Composer had a plenty of advanced options that could be used here, just in a more streamlined fashion. In particular, it generated great legato melodies suitable for flute etc.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:37 pm Well, the video about upgrade doesn't do it for me. New features" are rarely used. Lyrical melodies may do something for me, or may not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, new "improved" chord engine doesn't mean much.

Seriously, Orb Composer had a plenty of advanced options that could be used here, just in a more streamlined fashion. In particular, it generated great legato melodies suitable for flute etc.
Trained on a different data set though? They iirc used actual classical musicians (flautists, etc.) for Orb Composer. IDK what they used for Orb Producer but at least for the previous versions I didn't like the examples---especially the synth melodies---enough to even bother demoing. (Crappy old-fashioned French EDM music?) Should give this one a chance though I guess....

I think it is a nice update/upgrade. The GUI is much better to work with and one of my main requests - to be able to generate/play different parts as a whole song - is fullfilled with the possibility to chain parts.

And generating a whole new song in all modules with the main generation button really produces nice results for me to get started with and could then be finetuned in the single modules. It seems a little bit like starting to bring that Orb Composer concept into the Orb producer a little.

benjamind wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:50 am They say it's coming back, but I'm not sure if I believe it.
The website www.orb-composer.com has the section "Knowledge base".
The word "composer" cannot be found there.

They should at last fix the bugs.
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

Wonder if they will have a BF sale.

Yes, Jim, BF sale will be on 11/26 per Hexachords email.

Sale is on. Does Orb Synth come with Orb Producer Suite, or do you have to purchase it separately?

Musical Gym wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:35 am Sale is on. Does Orb Synth come with Orb Producer Suite, or do you have to purchase it separately?
Orb Synth is actually built right into each individual plugin of Orb Producer Suite (accessible via the Synth tab in each plugin). As a stand-alone wavetable virtual instrument, I think Orb Synth is unremarkable (heck, they had a promo in which it was offered for a $1).
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

WTF is going on with this? I tried using it again for the first time in a while, and the bugs are much, much worse. Old website redirects to new website which doesn't recognize my login to contact support. Are they even still offering support for this? If not, Plugin Boutique should stop selling it.

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:52 pmAre they even still offering support for this?

What happens when you login and try to submit a new support ticket?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:10 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:52 pmAre they even still offering support for this?

What happens when you login and try to submit a new support ticket?
It says "The email and password you entered does not match"---even though the password is definitely the same one I used before. Still I tried "forgot your password" but haven't received an email to reset it.

Hmm, I was able to login using my Google account though, and there is the option to create a new support ticket.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”