The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry double posted.
Last edited by mindstuff on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is this you being an ass? Yeah, probably.
Wow how extremely rude...was just a question. I just noticed a long thread where your mostly posting to yourself. Seemed odd to see you talking to yourself.

mindstuff wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:52 pm
Wow how extremely rude...was just a question. I just noticed a long thread where your mostly posting to yourself. Seemed odd to see you talking to yourself.
If he keeps going with this bullshit ignore list, 'himself' will be the only person who he will be able to talk to; that is, until he finally has enough and puts himself on his ignore list :pray:

You know, I wasn't going to respond to this but because of the total stupidity of your question and remarks I just have to.

First of all, it's Music Cafe. What do you THINK I'm doing here?

Second of all, if you bothered to even read ONE PAGE you would see that what I am doing is posting music (duh!) and people are responding to my posts with comments on the music.

If you had an ounce of common sense that would have been obvious to you. So your question came off, to me, as you being sarcastic. How else was I supposed to take it when it's blatantly obvious what this thread is?

And now I am putting you back on ignore where you belong. Please don't bother to respond. I won't be reading it.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:02 pm
If he keeps going with this bullshit ignore list, 'himself' will be the only person who he will be able to talk to; that is, until he finally has enough and puts himself on his ignore list :pray:
Okay, I don't know what your problem is. I thought we were good. None of this was directed at you. People have come in here lately and have been flat out rude and nasty. Controlcentre demands that I change lyrics to songs. Forbidden practically calls me a Nazi. I don't need it. So I'm done putting up with this crap. I put them on ignore and don't interact with them anymore. If you have a problem with that, let me know and I can add you to the list. Again, I thought we were good now but apparently I'm not allowed to have problems with people at this forum who act like jerks.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:06 pm
Okay, I don't know what your problem is. I thought we were good. None of this was directed at you. People have come in here lately and have been flat out rude and nasty. Controlcentre demands that I change lyrics to songs. Forbidden practically calls me a Nazi. I don't need it. So I'm done putting up with this crap. I put them on ignore and don't interact with them anymore. If you have a problem with that, let me know and I can add you to the list. Again, I thought we were good now but apparently I'm not allowed to have problems with people at this forum who act like jerks.
Firstly, I used the wrong smiley. Not that makes any difference to you, but at least it would've been clearer that it was a joke.
But joke or not, I think ignore lists are bullshit. And just because we're 'good' doesn't mean I ain't gonna call out bullshit when I see it. I would expect others to extend me the same courtesy.

I've seen the comments you mention, and I think there's just a bit of miscommunication going on; much of which might've been easily worked out. But it seems your preferred solution is to get all 'hear no evil; see no evil', about it.

Anyway, I'm not above ignoring people. I ignored you for a couple of years, I think. But I'm old enough to remember how to ignore people without technical help :wink:

wagtunes wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:06 pmIf you have a problem with that, let me know and I can add you to the list.
You might as well just put me on it. I'm not going to walk on eggshells around you, for fear that you'll misinterpret my intentions. I'm bound to just end up on it, anyway.

So, yeah! Abyssinia :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:33 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:06 pm
Firstly, I used the wrong smiley. Not that makes any difference to you, but at least it would've been clearer that it was a joke.
But joke or not, I think ignore lists are bullshit. And just because we're 'good' doesn't mean I ain't gonna call out bullshit when I see it. I would expect others to extend me the same courtesy.

I've seen the comments you mention, and I think there's just a bit of miscommunication going on; much of which might've been easily worked out. But it seems your preferred solution is to get all 'hear no evil; see no evil', about it.

Anyway, I'm not above ignoring people. I ignored you for a couple of years, I think. But I'm old enough to remember how to ignore people without technical help :wink:
Well, I'm not as good at that as you. I need the help. I don't want to see the nastiness. If I don't see it, there's nothing to ignore. I tried going with the list. I removed everybody from it. Some of the stuff I've had to put up with was just plain awful. No one should have to deal with it. Well I'm done dealing with it. If that makes me less of a person in your eyes, well, I guess I'm just gonna have to live with that because I'm the one who has to put up with these people.

Anyway, I don't want to belabor the issue. From now on, all those who can't speak to me with a civil tongue will be ignored (and this is the best I can do) without me mentioning it. They'll never know.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:37 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:06 pmIf you have a problem with that, let me know and I can add you to the list.
You might as well just put me on it. I'm not going to walk on eggshells around you, for fear that you'll misinterpret my intentions. I'm bound to just end up on it, anyway.

So, yeah! Abyssinia :tu:
As long as you speak to me with a civil tongue, we're fine. If you prefer not to speak to me anymore, that's on you. I'm fine with us on this end. So it's your choice. But you know what? If that's your choice, stick by it.

And FWIW, I replaced my version of the one song you did for me with yours. It's much better. So thanks for that much.

So yeah, I guess Abyssinia too.

Continuing with my side project, this one a kind of basic country tune. Nothing fancy but cute enough.

It Don't Ring A Bell

When you walked into the saloon
And all the heads turned around
I didn't see a thing
I didn't hear a sound

But then I looked in your direction
And a story your face did tell
But it didn't look familiar
And my thoughts they did not gel

It don't ring a bell
That face of yours
It don't ring a bell
While the rain it pours
But I knew somewhere
I had known you well
But for now I'm stumped
Cause it don't ring a bell

And then you came to me
Looked into my eyes
And you started to smile
While I thought of some lies

But I couldn't fool you
You knew it too well
I was totally clueless
And you could tell

Repeat Chorus

Maybe someday I'll remember who you are
But for now I'm just gonna have to wish on a star
Cause

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ing-a-bell

9th track from my upcoming CD "In The Blink Of An Eye"

Went back to my Blink project for this one. It's not so much Blink 182 as it's, well, I'm not really sure. I think it has a little bit of AC/DC (chord progression), Def Leopard (arrangement) and something else. Kind of a mutt.

Anyway, only 3 more tracks (thank God) and this project is done. I think after this one I'm done doing tribute CDs. They're just too hard.

High On The Hog

Life is good
Life is sweet
Life can be so wonderful
Life is neat

Livin' high on the hog
Livin' up in the sky
Livin' high on the hog
Livin' until I die

No complaints
All is great
No regrets
Got food on my plate

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/high-on-the-hog

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:48 am 9th track from my upcoming CD "In The Blink Of An Eye"
As you commented on my track I'm returning the favor :D

I actually like this track, as it is more rock-like than most stuff I listened to from you (I hated that vocaloid stuff :D ). Production-wise there's nothing wrong I think, but as I replied to my own track about the timing, this is what your track is lacking for me: it all sounds much too sequenced/quantized, there is no 'life' in the instrumentation. Even the guitar solo sounds obviously programmed to me.

As a suggestion, look at a few production videos from Warren Huart (Produce like a Pro) who did Aerosmith stuff (among other famous acts), and see what he says about leaving timing issues and even real mistakes in for that 'rock feel' kinda production sound.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:50 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:48 am 9th track from my upcoming CD "In The Blink Of An Eye"
As you commented on my track I'm returning the favor :D

I actually like this track, as it is more rock-like than most stuff I listened to from you (I hated that vocaloid stuff :D ). Production-wise there's nothing wrong I think, but as I replied to my own track about the timing, this is what your track is lacking for me: it all sounds much too sequenced/quantized, there is no 'life' in the instrumentation. Even the guitar solo sounds obviously programmed to me.

As a suggestion, look at a few production videos from Warren Huart (Produce like a Pro) who did Aerosmith stuff (among other famous acts), and see what he says about leaving timing issues and even real mistakes in for that 'rock feel' kinda production sound.
I appreciate the comments on the timing. I understand. The problem is, my timing is so bad that if I don't quantize it sounds like garbage. I could play you one of my older tracks before I started quantizing (people ripped it to shreds) so you could hear just how bad it is.

So it comes down to which is worse, listening to my horrible performances or listening to a more robotic performance? Personally, I get fewer criticisms with the latter so I'll go with quantizing over not.

Wags, I forgot what DAW you use but most (all?) have some kind of humaniser MIDI functionality. Perhaps worthwhile investigating if you’d like to “fix” the timing.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:56 pm Wags, I forgot what DAW you use but most (all?) have some kind of humaniser MIDI functionality. Perhaps worthwhile investigating if you’d like to “fix” the timing.
Yeah, the problem is, I don't know how to do it so it sounds good. Yes, Cubase has it but when I try to use it, it sounds horrible. There is an art to it. I need somebody to actually teach me how to do it properly. It's not something I'm going to figure out on my own.

Return to “Music Cafe”