Creating a resonator with MComb

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is another video on how to create a resonator using MComb. A few weeks agao someone had a question similar to this, so I wanted to see if I could create a type of pitched reverb that could be used for an ambient sound. I hope you find it useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEToI3PeY9A

Excellent, thanks Chandler!

All his videos are excellent. Often tutorials grind through the basics for cheap Youtube click bait.

But Chandler has a way to always find interesting and new applications for the more esoteric features of Melda plugins.

Thank you. I'm glad people appreciate these. I enjoy trying to come up new ideas and sharing them.

For making resonators you should check out the early reflections generator in MTurboReverb, it is amazing!
Set the mode to ringer, decay to -60b, length to 100ms.
Then just randomize the taps. It gives some really complex organic sounding spaces. You can then fine tune the higher level taps to be more in tune with the source material.
Last edited by jmg8 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Impressive... made me subscribe your channel :-)

Alphacodex wrote:Impressive... made me subscribe your channel :-)
Thanks

:tu: Keep it coming!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Great video. I used to use comb filter in Fromage a long time ago. I was very excited when I found out Melda Productions makes a comb filter and even puts it in their free bundle.

I sometimes use some two filters in MComb on the master bus, with only around 5 to 15% wetness as a really subtle glue effect. For certain tracks it can really work well, but not always.

Beautiful man! Thanks for inspiration

Return to “MeldaProduction”