Channel Strip VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just don't get the appeal of the Waves CLA. Maybe because it pops up on every youtube video I watch. Aggressive marketing actually puts me off.
I have the Omnichannel and use it quite extensively :tu: as well as the Waves SSL channel strips and the Brainworx equivalent.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Im using the bx channel G ssl strip and planning on getting the E. Whats the word on the street regarding waves vs bx? Im softening up to waves and can consider having a very small number of must haves. So far thats rbass and possibly mv2 + the api2500 (Keep the number down to a minimum due to wup)

I have different ones that I use.

1. Nomad Factory Blue Tube Analog Trackbox or Dead Duck Channel (when Im making a beat and just need something with low cpu)

2. Izotope Alloy /Neutron (for when I want a specific sound for producing or mixing)

3. IK White/British Channel (when Im mixing stems and Im going for sonic presence vs precision)... these are my most CPU intensive.

Personally, I think its best to have a few channels. They all bring something different to the table depending on your needs.

I used to use Eventide Ultrachannel, but I never really liked how it sounded.

A good recommendation though, if anyone is looking for something with a great sonic character is URS Strip Pro. Its an oldie, but its still sounds great.
Last edited by Saukar30 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Double delete
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I like the Waves TG12345. A bugger to get the right input level, though. It has to be really low.
When I'm not using that I'm using REDD on groups/buses, with one of either PA Vertigo compressor, Waves API 2500 or, lately, the bx Townhouse.
Beginning to use the BX SSL G channel on every channel/track/groups/bus except the stereo out.

I gave up on channel strips plugins and bought mixbus32c during one of the $99 sales - I do all my mixing in that since the whole thing is pretty much a channel strip. I find it so much easier than calling up a channel strip per track and then the buses and then the master. I'm too lazy for that so I just focus on mixing. Plus that allows me to totally ignore a whole category of plugins and save money and time 🙂

Googly Smythe wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:54 pm I like the Waves TG12345. A bugger to get the right input level, though. It has to be really low.
When I'm not using that I'm using REDD on groups/buses, with one of either PA Vertigo compressor, Waves API 2500 or, lately, the bx Townhouse.
Beginning to use the BX SSL G channel on every channel/track/groups/bus except the stereo out.
The TG can be a bit of a toughie. You have to remember the original console existed decades back when tech was still fairly primitive. It just wouldn’t have the type of tolerances you see in much later equipment, it’s bound to be pretty fussy in what it takes, you certainly won’t be able to slam it. But then, that’s how the original was.

Just treat it like it was your great grandmother’s radio. :)

simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:44 pm
Googly Smythe wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:54 pm I like the Waves TG12345. A bugger to get the right input level, though. It has to be really low.
The TG can be a bit of a toughie. You have to remember the original console existed decades back when tech was still fairly primitive. It just wouldn’t have the type of tolerances you see in much later equipment, it’s bound to be pretty fussy in what it takes, you certainly won’t be able to slam it. But then, that’s how the original was.

Just treat it like it was your great grandmother’s radio. :)
My great granny (one of them) was born in the 1880s - not sure they had radio then! :D

What the hell is a channel strip? I cant find any real explanation.
Its pretty much "something" (Eq, Compression, Gate, Exciter, anything really?) i put on a track to enhance a sound usually in the mixing stage? Then does Gulfoss + Fabfilter pro-C2 qualify as a channel strip?

I ended up getting Scheps Omni, but I still like a few others, the SSL ones are ok, I still have MixControl.

But Scheps has become my goto.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

NeoKortex88 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:39 am What the hell is a channel strip? ...
A channel strip is a single plugin that emulates one channel (at least) from a physical mixing desk. So a minimum of EQ and some analog distortion/saturation. Often with compressor/gate.
NeoKortex88 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:39 am ... Then does Gulfoss + Fabfilter pro-C2 qualify as a channel strip?
No.

Seems like Plugin Alliance channels are up for grabs for $49 (plus EU extortion) each for this week only.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

LeVzi wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:47 am I ended up getting Scheps Omni, but I still like a few others, the SSL ones are ok, I still have MixControl.

But Scheps has become my goto.
The Omni is a killer strip actually. A classic idea designed to suit a modern workflow. If only it had Buckets now!!

Concerning the Scheps, I’ve meantioned it a couple times across the web this week, but lately I’ve been coming across so quite a few engineers that use the 73 in their vocal chain. I seriously have to give it a go myself.

Return to “Effects”