Behringer Neutron

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Behringer Neutron 2.0 Update In-Depth Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4en6ioPAAGc
<List your stupid gear here>

Behringer neutron is nice but mine goes out of tune easily. Every time you accidentally touch those big tune pots the tuning is ruined. It is impossible to tune it without a tuner. Why did they make this synth so tricky to keep in tune? It seems like even accidentally breathing on it can make your "middle c" be more like a "middle c#"

NikTS wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:42 am Behringer neutron is nice but mine goes out of tune easily. Every time you accidentally touch those big tune pots the tuning is ruined. It is impossible to tune it without a tuner. Why did they make this synth so tricky to keep in tune? It seems like even accidentally breathing on it can make your "middle c" be more like a "middle c#"
Holding range key and you get a scale(on lfo) to tune to last midi note played.

There is also a way to bypass pots for oscillators - so touching them does not affect anything once where you want it to be.

"Press and hold OSC (1 or 2) RANGE and PARAPHONIC buttons until the selected OSC octave LED starts to flash. This indicates that the tune pot for that OSC is now inactive and all notes played are in tune. Press and hold OSC RANGE and PARAPHONIC buttons again to leave this mode. The LED will return to solid to indicate that the tune pots are in circuit."

Manual is excellent as far as I am concerned. Tuning features too - it drift a bit until warm, but that is easily fixed with built in features. I was nothing but impressed with how well this was done. Look at Model D - and then start to worry a bit over the procedure.

If this is a problem with tuning - don't go for another analog synth.

lfm wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:58 am If this is a problem with tuning - don't go for another analog synth.
I think i'll get used to it. Seems like I've overlooked this in the manual. Thank you for pointing out!

Don't know if I posted this yet but here is 38 minutes of pure silliness from December last year. Definitely what I'd term Vurt fodder. Herbs are mandatory to get the full experience as intended by the creator. :hihi:

WARNING! Volume changes drastically throughout. There are some quite sudden spikes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jKNaC ... CttynFBRW2

Feel free to sample from this. I have the full 24bit 48kHz .wav available if anybody wants that instead of the mp3.

Signal path: Behringer Neutron -> RME Babyface Pro

EDIT: .. also, before anybody asks: I have absolutely no idea of the patch points or what I did. I was baked and definitely up in the stratosphere.

EDIT2: .. it's sort of good until about 10 minutes in. Then I go completely off the rails. There are however some interesting sounds to be heard at random intervals. I was obviously out of my mind.
Last edited by bmanic on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

i got name dropped :o

check it soon :tu:

bmanic wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:49 pm Don't know if I posted this yet but here is 38 minutes of pure silliness from December last year. Definitely what I'd term Vurt fodder. Herbs are mandatory to get the full experience as intended by the creator. :hihi:

WARNING! Volume changes drastically throughout. There are some quite sudden spikes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jKNaC ... CttynFBRW2

Feel free to sample from this. I have the full 24bit 48kHz .wav available if anybody wants that instead of the mp3.

Signal path: Behringer Neutron -> RME Babyface Pro

EDIT: .. also, before anybody asks: I have absolutely no idea of the patch points or what I did. I was baked and definitely up in the stratosphere.

EDIT2: .. it's sort of good until about 10 minutes in. Then I go completely off the rails. There are however some interesting sounds to be heard at random intervals. I was obviously out of my mind.
Herbs... oooh, I like herbs.. oregano, thyme etc... nice )))
and a bit O'Mary.. quiet contrary ...
crazy sounds...

off rails... hahaha... sounds cool, no idea what you mean ?
;)
:oops:
Yeah.. vurty ole boy has a lot to answer for..
I read his eurorack thread... dipped my toe in with a neutron (got 236Hp eurorack now)
and came up with this...
an ode to.... :lol:
just neutron into VCV rack for some voice spitting and .. well.. ;)
https://soundcloud.com/toonertik/singing-the-vuts

Haha! That is awesome!!!! Really like it. Bookmarked for future herbal travels. :hihi:

:tu:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:29 am Haha! That is awesome!!!! Really like it. Bookmarked for future herbal travels. :hihi:

:tu:
Gotta have a bit of humor sometimes... glad you enjoyed it.
OFC I can't remember how the fck I got there... it was one of those moments...
in some kinda zone
but I so enjoyed that journey... :wink:

:hihi:

if ive inspired such greatness then my work has been successful
although i blame whyterabbyt and justin :shrug:

vurt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:11 pm if ive inspired such greatness then my work has been successful
although i blame whyterabbyt and justin :shrug:
:D
yeah... and back up the line...
they blame...
and so it goes...

OFC, another way to look at it is... passing the baton along :borg:

toonertik wrote:another way to look at it is... passing the baton along :borg:
As long as the baton is used to beat a piece of hardware until it makes sounds it was never designed to make, this is true...

that's no baton :scared:

Forgotten wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:20 pm
toonertik wrote:another way to look at it is... passing the baton along :borg:
As long as the baton is used to beat a piece of carrot until it makes sounds it was never designed to make, this is true...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuUn37S-CRI

vurt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:26 pm that's no baton :scared:
Well you’re just going to end up with your equipment f**ked then...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”