Your thoughts on Geist 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Geist Geist2

mikepemulis wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:21 am there's a new beta update out with some bug fixes https://twitter.com/fxpansion/status/11 ... 8848007169
Thanks so much for sharing, I don't follow the Twitter.

Sigh of relief that they're still developing Geist.

yeah I'm testing it, so its still being seen too ;-)
samsam wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:58 pm
mikepemulis wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:21 am there's a new beta update out with some bug fixes https://twitter.com/fxpansion/status/11 ... 8848007169

sureno wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:23 pm yeah I'm testing it, so its still being seen too ;-)
samsam wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:58 pm

Mate, you have my appreciation :)

It seems they have dropped support of Windows versions older than 10 :(

sl1914 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:30 pm It seems they have dropped support of Windows versions older than 10 :(
as I already said - whilst they no longer ‘support’ win7 the latest geist beta still runs fine on win7, I’ve been using it heavily since it was released last week and zero issues on win7x64

No more 32bit either
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

jdnz wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:57 pm as I already said - whilst they no longer ‘support’ win7 the latest geist beta still runs fine on win7, I’ve been using it heavily since it was released last week and zero issues on win7x64
Yes, but if the latest version stops working in Win7 in some future version they don't have to fix it, because they don't officially support older Windows anymore. Win7 users better keep the installer of their current version available.

the geist2 interface is hideous to work with. i went back to version 1 a long time ago. if they sorted it out it would be something i'd consider upgrade to but not in the current stat..

can not believe this is still going. a pro makes stems. it's the most powerful sample sequencer i can think of. instant edm. it's what all the edm guys have been using since guru. it might get discontinued, but you will still be able to download the old installers like always. and yeah it has a few bugs. so what? you are making stems. edm doesn't give a doo doo about a player. they want pre sequenced programmed perfection. that's what edm is.

Quick Geist2 question.
Can you drag and drop samples onto Geist 2’s pads via your DAW browser?
In the tutorials people seem to use the Geist browser.

simmo75 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:08 pm Quick Geist2 question.
Can you drag and drop samples onto Geist 2’s pads via your DAW browser?
In the tutorials people seem to use the Geist browser.
Win 10 Geist 2 in Studio One 4 an Maschine i can do that.

Another quick Geist 2 question:
Can I sample computer audio (e.g., from a youtube video playing in my browser) directly into Geist 2? The reaperblog guy demonstrates sampling audio from Reaper into Geist 2 but I am trying to find the easiest way to sample from youtube and slice and loop. I can sample with audacity but it seems difficult to chop and to start looping immediately to see if it will sound good as musical phrases.

In fact, if you know a very efficient way other than Geist 2, please point me to it. Thanks!
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

rpm wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:25 pm Another quick Geist 2 question:
Can I sample computer audio (e.g., from a youtube video playing in my browser) directly into Geist 2? The reaperblog guy demonstrates sampling audio from Reaper into Geist 2 but I am trying to find the easiest way to sample from youtube and slice and loop. I can sample with audacity but it seems difficult to chop and to start looping immediately to see if it will sound good as musical phrases.

In fact, if you know a very efficient way other than Geist 2, please point me to it. Thanks!
Route audio into your daw, set geist to sample external audio

Return to “Instruments”