ARA 2 for Bitwig- who wants it?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It´s so crazy, that they don´t give us that ARA2 thing :x .
I´m considering buying Ableton Live Intro just for that purpose.
Somebody could confirm that it´s working? :help:
The average bored guy

Ableton doesn´t have ARA2 support either nor does it have any native pitch solution... so this doesn´t serve you at all

Stupid me. Was fooled by Synchro Arts DAW compability webpage. THX!
The average bored guy

No ARA2 in Bitwig, no Bitwig for me.

I use Melodyne a lot and being without proper ARA integration is stepping backwards. Friggin' Studio One v4 has it (that's two versions ago now).

Logic has some *very* Melodyne like features.
Not a huge priority for me, at all now or ever TBH but I really DO miss Ableton's CROP CLIP command for cleaning up clips and every other DAW's 'Capture MIDI' commands for when you forgot to hit record

By one shortcut

cmd or control + B
( Bounce in place )

i think this method working in open source DAWs also.

https://youtu.be/uhtDqH9Lf34

ARA 2 is essential for me. Why can’t they add it, is there a reason?

simmo75 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:37 am ARA 2 is essential for me. Why can’t they add it, is there a reason?
Of course they can add it. Along with an extensive list of other stuff they can add. Development takes time.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:37 am ARA 2 is essential for me. Why can’t they add it, is there a reason?
They probably have things they find more important. I personally don't care about it at all. And would much rather see grid and workflow improvements like radial pop up menus on desktop, an arranger track, macros etc. My point is, what's essential to you isn't to me, and my guess would be that ara isn't important to many Bitwig users. It's not something I would expect to happen in years if ever. Just like most of my own wishes.

ARA would open a lot, even for Bitwig native devices. Imagine you could access material residing on a track without bouncing it first into a sampler. You could do some very nice magic with things like that. My mangling of live audio I do in Max isn‘t possible in the Grid yet. With ARA I could probably do it…
I am now trying to create a VST with the new RNBO technology in Max/MSP… But it needs a lot of RAM (to hold an hour or more of live input…)
Lets see who is faster…; - )

ARA would be a great compliment to bitwig.

Ara2 is a sign that the DAW aspires to be a professional platform, that can integrate in to a modern production environment. It isn't a feature that everyone will use, but any "pro" DAW should have it.
That doesn't mean that there can't be a Z-plane or Zynaptiq pitch-correction algorithm build in, that can be even better integrated, and allow for more experimental uses.
It would be a sign that they were stepping up to another level.
We can also argue the other way around that not a pro DAWs are as good for jamming and improvising as Bitwig, Live for example. A great tool would implement both kinds of workflows, and ways of building sounds directly in the DAW. Still though a really good jamming/improvising DAW, should have a smart chord track, like Studio One, and that requires integration of polyphonic pitch-correction software.

Bitwig 5 … still no ARA ☹️

On the plus side, MSEG looks done. Thats another highly requested feature.
Once the stable release is out the devs can start on ARA. (one can hope)

This update is ok, but I'm not satisfied at all..
For the real tweakers it's great with mseg etc, but for other people (who need standard stuff) the update might be a loopt better.
For example ARA2, Transform audio to midi (like Ableton), get groove from audio, groove pool etc etc.

Hopefully Bitwig listens to the other people as well...

Return to “Bitwig”