ARA 2 for Bitwig- who wants it?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a Audio Alignment Panel would be very welcome as well... (like cubase has)

paatjoo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 pm a Audio Alignment Panel would be very welcome as well... (like cubase has)
what does it do?

You can align multiple vocal takes at the same time. (for example)

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:29 pm
-iKa- wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:44 pm I'd love this honestly, especially with things like spectralayers taking advantage of it, as well as ARA being open source, it would be extremely useful. I think we'll see more and more ARA compatible software show up in the future as well.
Spectralayers is interesting - I was hoping for more from the RX ARA version but it is extremely limited. I can't afford the full Spectralayers version though - is the Elements version still worth getting?
It's fine, I use the one that came with cubase (I belive it's called spectralayers One), you still get access to all the offline processing with the ara versions so it's quite nice.

I am a hobby producer and a long time Ableton Live user that started using Bitwig Studio some six months ago or so. I must say that Bitwig is an interesting alternative to Live - very good looking, with its own advantages and creative spins! :-)

Both these DAWs are amazing - they are easy to use, have great workflows, and give so much creative possibilities! Both of them have comping thougn none of them has native pitch correction. The first of these two DAWs who implements native pitch correction will likely be my main DAW for years to come...

ARA is great, but if I was forced to choose between implementation of ARA and a decent native pitch correction, I would prefer the latter to get better integration with the workflow in the DAW. The pitch correction doesn't have to be polyphonic - just something basic with a good GUI to easily correct my awkward attempts to sing. :-D.

Melodyne is great, but its different gestures to zoom, pan, and move notes etc make it a bit inefficient when for instance switching between editing audio in Melodyne and editing MIDI in the DAW.)

i'd take it, I love melodyne as it is...to have it built in my fav daw is nothing but ++++

Yes Please,

Acoustica also supports ARA2 in its premium offering.
Acoustica 7 is the perfect solution for audio editing, podcast creation, mastering and audio restoration

I would love to use that with Bitwig. Now, I fall back to Reaper.

I'd rather have native pitch correction in Bitwig

Yes pleased. ARA as usecase for MELODYNE and Spectralayers. Or (ist IT possible 🤔) clap Support from Melodyne. I really think Steinberg isn't interested 🤪

pdxindy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:37 pm I'd rather have native pitch correction in Bitwig
Or both like Cubase....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

pdxindy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:37 pm I'd rather have native pitch correction in Bitwig
A native pitch correction will never be as good as Melodyne Essential which you can get for almost free… I would prefer ARA, as with that I get the best pitch correction available. Even without ARA I do use Melodyne anyway…
A good ARA implementation, would also open options to access to recorded material in a track for samplers in the Grid. I would say that would be really cool…

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:03 pm
A native pitch correction will never be as good as Melodyne Essential which you can get for almost free… I would prefer ARA, as with that I get the best pitch correction available. Even without ARA I do use Melodyne anyway…
A good ARA implementation, would also open options to access to recorded material in a track for samplers in the Grid. I would say that would be really cool…
I would still rather have native pitch correction in Bitwig. It is built-in, integrates better and is sufficient for my needs... plus there is no additional cost or complexity, no additional updates or issues... monophonic is fine. For example, the pitch correction in Logic is plenty good enough for my needs.

Logic, Cubase and Reason all have built in pitch correction…like I said, Cubase has both as ARA does more than melodyne…) so why not.

Native pitch correction in Bitwig opens it all for all sorts of modulation and operator fun…who says you have to ‘correct’ pitch ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

YES ARA2 PLEASE!!!!!!

It is a must for every DAW

Return to “Bitwig”