Synthmaster 2.9 and Synthmaster One Comparison

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now that Synthmaster 2.9 can load wavetable like Synthmaster One, do they both have the same similarities in wavetables and other features.

I would love a side by side comparison chart of these fantastic synths by KV331.

SynthMaster One is a single layer, single screen synth. So it's easier to get around. In a couple of months we're hoping to release in for iOS as well, and after the iOS release we will start working on a hardware that can run SynthMaster One.

SynthMaster is currently a 2 layer synth with more advanced oscillators + modulation sources. but hopefuly with v3.0, it'll have up to 16 layers. it's gonna have a "flexible" architecture where you can add modulation sources, layers, effects, etc. This is something both SynthMaster 1 and 2 are lacking :) oh, it'll have a wavetable editor + granular synthesis as well!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: SynthMaster is currently a 2 layer synth with more advanced oscillators + modulation sources. but hopefuly with v3.0, it'll have up to 16 layers. it's gonna have a "flexible" architecture where you can add modulation sources, layers, effects, etc. This is something both SynthMaster 1 and 2 are lacking :) oh, it'll have a wavetable editor + granular synthesis as well!
I remember you saying you were working on dynamic effects, specifically reverb, I seem to remember.. Is this how you plan to do layers>>> dynamic layers.
That will certainly be a challenge and very exciting if you pull it off....
BTW Happy New Year for when the day comes ;))))))

Thank you! Happy new year too :hug:

Yes it Is a challenge but it's the right way to go. Opens up way more possibilities on the road to become "modular" :)

Why would we be limited to, say, 2 layers, 10 effects, 4 adsr's per layer, 2 lfos per layer, etc :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Nice..

On the road to mandalay
where the modular synths will play.
Well I for one will stay on this road...

BTW any more news of the Wav_Tble editor...
I sure as **** would love to take it for a trial!
AudioTerm does my head in sometimes...
reminds me of my old COBOL terminal days... argh!!!!

kv331 wrote:we will start working on a hardware that can run SynthMaster One.

How cool!
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

16 layers
I'd prefer a rock solid SM 2 personally.
It might open up possibilities for modular use, but it will probably also open up possibilities for crashing.
currently, as much as I love the sound, and starting to dig programming it, i find SM comes with a certain air of uneasiness, like it's always in beta or something.
How many users even NEED 16 layers!??
I just want a synth that FEELS STABLE. Get the current 2 layers ROCK SOLID first, in my opinion.
I might even be able to use it live one day!?!!?? THAT would be a great feeling. Stability.

sqigls wrote:
16 layers
I'd prefer a rock solid SM 2 personally.
It might open up possibilities for modular use, but it will probably also open up possibilities for crashing.
I hear you... but to implement this, Bulent is going to have to implement dynamic objects... it's a very long time since I did programming but this will probably be a more stable way to go.
currently, as much as I love the sound, and starting to dig programming it, i find SM comes with a certain air of uneasiness, like it's always in beta or something.
Yes, I get that. Actually on my prodution machine I am still on v2.8.4.. I meant to go 2.8.7 then 2.6.10 but got lazy and nothing ground breaking was there for me... however 2.9.x brings proper WTs ))))))))
How many users even NEED 16 layers!??
ME... oh yes... Let us not forget this synth name... SynthMASTER , I am sure Bulent wants it to live up to it's name tomorrow as well )))))
You would have heard my stuff in the OSC I think... This was done for the OSC_105_Thorn... This is just 1 instance of Thorn..
If I had more layers the drums would have been monster (maybe lol) the impressionistic gtr would have more life (I hope) >>> more layers, more control over each individulal sound...
hey< I am a very lazy player... I just like to push 1 key and have the synth do my song :wink:
https://soundcloud.com/toonertik/osc105 ... aralexpmnt
I just want a synth that FEELS STABLE. Get the current 2 layers ROCK SOLID first, in my opinion.
I might even be able to use it live one day!?!!?? THAT would be a great feeling. Stability.
That is why I am still on 2.8.4 it has been stable for me... I think 2.8.10 was as well...
It sure ain't easy bringing new ideas to market...( I used to work in COBOL business system.. they were never completed, a continual maintenance, development circle) Urs probably has more Beta testers and Zebra 3 has been years in the planning... and still not on market... Bulent probably does not have those sort of resources!

sqigls wrote: I just want a synth that FEELS STABLE. Get the current 2 layers ROCK SOLID first, in my opinion.
v2.9.5 is as stable as it gets. I can tell this from the crash reports I have been receiving for the past week.

v2.9.6 update is on the way next week by the way, it fixes another crasher that occurs when you load a preset that gives a warning message (the long message was causing the crash on OSX)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:SynthMaster One is a single layer, single screen synth. So it's easier to get around. In a couple of months we're hoping to release in for iOS as well, and after the iOS release we will start working on a hardware that can run SynthMaster One.

SynthMaster is currently a 2 layer synth with more advanced oscillators + modulation sources. but hopefuly with v3.0, it'll have up to 16 layers. it's gonna have a "flexible" architecture where you can add modulation sources, layers, effects, etc. This is something both SynthMaster 1 and 2 are lacking :) oh, it'll have a wavetable editor + granular synthesis as well!
Thank You KV331 for your reply.

Will Synthmaster 3 be 32 bit because I don't have a 64 bit system (I know I will have to upgrade my PC eventually).

DefiantCatz70 wrote: Will Synthmaster 3 be 32 bit because I don't have a 64 bit system (I know I will have to upgrade my PC eventually).
Yes both 32bit and 64bit.
Works at KV331 Audio

Is there a difference in the oscillators or filters or some part of the internal structure of SMOne? Every comparison i have heard, SMOne seems to sound different to SM2

DavidCarlyon wrote:Is there a difference in the oscillators or filters or some part of the internal structure of SMOne? Every comparison i have heard, SMOne seems to sound different to SM2
SynthMaster2 had 4 new filter types added in version 2.8. These are the same or very similar to the ones used in SMOne.

Most of the factory SM2 presets and expansions were created with the original two filter types, 'Digital' and 'VAnalog'. The recent expansions by Big Tone make use of the new filter types. They sound great too!

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-p ... v331-audio
4 new types of filters based on zero delay feedback (ZDF) topology.

Ladder (Moog type) filter with 2 pole/4 pole LP/HP/BP/BS variations)
Diode Ladder (TB303 type) 4 pole LP filter
State variable (SEM type) filter, 2 pole LP/HP/BP/BS/Multimode filter
Bite (Korg MS20 type) filter 2 pole LP, 1 pole HP
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Just wondering about Synthmaster 3....one of the things that I really appreciate is that even the latest versions of both of the current Synthmasters run happily on Mac OS 10.6.8 (despite the website declaring that 10.7 is the minimum requirement). I love that OS and there's no way I'm changing!

Bulent, are you using the same development platform for 3? Will I still be able to stay in the SM gang once 3 is out?

Thanks!

One thing for sure is that Synthmaster One did not use the same UI platform. I see it here under windows VST emulation in Linux as the One UI flickers at each movement of the mouse whereas Synthmaster2 UI is stable as it can be.

Cheers.

Return to “KV331 Audio”