Roland JV-1080 finally, as virtual instrument!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Roland Cloud

Castfire wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:47 am
digitalbilly wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:00 pm
lucasleroy wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:46 am I don't know if it had been shared here but if you want to use any bin with the jv or srx expansion, you just have to open the file in a Hex editor and change the name at the beginning of the file to make it compatible
please help me I have hex editor rename from what to what exactly? I'm not sure what to rename to?
At the top, change "NEX02" (the number will vary depending on the SRX expansion) to "JV1080", or vice versa, to make the bins compatible with the respective VST.
However, the JV-1080 doesn't have the proper wav files and will sound off. But the SRX expansions all contain the 1083 JV-XV wavs with additional ones as well, since some of the presets require them. Therefore the JV-XV presets can be loaded on any SRX VST with the proper wavs.

I am curious where the wav files are stored though. After making a copy of the VST3 and changing the file format to .rar and opening it, I found what seems to be the "wave groups" in the WROM folder.
Thanks to your answer, I have sincerely tried to make the changes as you mentioned in the HEX editor and using any SRX since as you mentioned in the JV1080 VST would not work, but unfortunately I do not understand how to do it correctly or what part I should rename.
I also tried to do it and tried it in the SRX and it could read it, but nevertheless in the presets list there are strange symbols and no preset makes any sound.

I have tried to look for a video tutorial or some help and nobody knows exactly how to make these Bins compatible in the VST, a pity.
Hopefully I can count on your help again so I can use these expansions, thank you very much!

Return to “Instruments”