Will there ever be rex file support???

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:They wont implement anything that cant be supported across all the platforms Bitwig runs on, which includes linux.
They implemented touch support for Windows even though it is not there for Mac...
Just observations
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:They wont implement anything that cant be supported across all the platforms Bitwig runs on, which includes linux.
They implemented touch support for Windows even though it is not there for Mac...
Just observations
And lack of touch support won't stop you from opening projects on other OSs, besides any 3rd party plugins you've used
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Just observations
And lack of touch support won't stop you from opening projects on other OSs, besides any 3rd party plugins you've used
That's true...

But those who work across platforms could easily bounce to wave.

I think it should be the users responsibility. I wonder how many works across platforms
compared to us who are missing rex file support ?.

I also use Mulab which support rex on windows and I have never heard anyone using the Mulab linux version complain.

If you read this Bitwig please reconsider.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Just observations
But if i.e. it doesn´t matter if any VST´s are not available on the platform, than it shouldn´t matter with audio files neither...
In fact, there is no 100% compatibility for all supported platforms and I would be quite p*ssed off for being punished that linux is a niche platform, which simply isn´t supported for audio production...

Trancit wrote: But if i.e. it doesn´t matter if any VST´s are not available on the platform, than it shouldn´t matter with audio files neither...
In fact, there is no 100% compatibility for all supported platforms and I would be quite p*ssed off for being punished that linux is a niche platform, which simply isn´t supported for audio production...
Astonishing.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Don´t take me too serious... :lol:
I often get a bit enthusiastic in my wishes... after reading my posts a few hours later: Jesus, what have I done... :dog:

pdxindy wrote:
Trancit wrote:
.maki wrote:best to directly ask support then ;) support(at)bitwig.com
Done ... :-)
Let us know what you hear!
You wanted to know the answer... here it is:

"...it is already on the wish list, but there is no decision yet if it will be part of a future upgrade or not.

Best regards,
Bitwig Technical Support Team"

What can I say...

Trancit wrote:If so... I don´t really understand... they have to build different versions anyway, why don´t support things which are available and leave it where it is not available... :hyper:
Do you have any idea of how complicated it gets with managing software versions if you would have a different feature set on different platforms? That would be an incredible PITA... And then trying to give user support when some people can't even identify which platform they are on? Or someone getting angry because they bought the software and then can't use a certain feature because they are on a certain platform.

Can of worms++

Excds wrote:
Do you have any idea of how complicated it gets with managing software versions if you would have a different feature set on different platforms? That would be an incredible PITA... And then trying to give user support when some people can't even identify which platform they are on? Or someone getting angry because they bought the software and then can't use a certain feature because they are on a certain platform.

Can of worms++
Honestly... if this is the excuse for not including substantial features (at least for me), because a niche platform, which is perhaps used by a 100 people for audio production over the world, doesn´t handle feature XYZ...

...then I say Bye,Bye Bitwig... because you´ll never know, where this ends...

ARA... yes of course... oh no wait... we cannot... Linux doesn´t support VST3 and it would be a PITA for us to have different versions...

so what did support answer you?

.maki wrote:so what did support answer you?
3 Posts back.... :wink:

oh, sorry..ok

Trancit wrote: Honestly... if this is the excuse for not including substantial features (at least for me), because a niche platform, which is perhaps used by a 100 people for audio production over the world, doesn´t handle feature XYZ...
I've posted about Rex before and i got a lot less than 100 replies, so by your standards, it is less important than linux. :)
Trancit wrote:...then I say Bye,Bye Bitwig... because you´ll never know, where this ends...
Can i have your stuff? (you need to be a gamer to understand this though) :)
Trancit wrote:ARA... yes of course... oh no wait... we cannot... Linux doesn´t support VST3 and it would be a PITA for us to have different versions...
Switch to live then...oh no wait... no ara or vst3. :)

Or switch to the daw that shall not be named for rex and vst3 now and ara soon.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Trancit wrote:Honestly... if this is the excuse for not including substantial features (at least for me), because a niche platform, which is perhaps used by a 100 people for audio production over the world, doesn´t handle feature XYZ...
It's obviously much more than 100 people using Linux for audio production. And since Bitwig is a top dog DAW in the Linux world, it is a good market for them. The u-he plugins are also available for Linux. That is a damn good combo!

Also, the number of Bitwig users using Linux likely exceeds, and significantly, the number of people that see no rex file support as a show-stopper.

Return to “Bitwig”