Kick-ass brass - still on schedule?

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KAB seems suited to rock, pop, funk, latin brass - pretty much any application except orchestral.

You can select from a wide range of instruments played in a variety of styles, and either meticulously sequence slides, trills etc. using special patches designed for that purpose or "live play" and use the sampler features like LFOs, glide etc. to add expression. The KAB VSTi contains improved material from the original library plus new not-heard-before instruments sampled and programmed by the same team.

Hope this helps
Dave

Will this one be able to pull off that mariachi trumpet kind of sound that bands like Love, Belle & Sebastian, and Cake all frequently use? This is the one horn sound I can never seem to find, and I definately need some really good horn sounds.
I'm sorry this post wasn't about techno.

I can check with Steve Cooke (the brains behind KAB's content) and get back to you on that.

Cheers
Dave

Steve's verdict was that you should be able to program Mariachi-style trumpet and it would sound pretty good.

HTH
Dave

Is KAB really going to meet that 1/24/05 release date?

? :?:

Now that IS a $6 million question. I can say that the engine will be finished by then, but I can't say that the content, packaging, delivery etc. will all be ready by then as that isn't part of our remit. Sorry for the vague answer :-(

Cheers
Dave

Muon Software Ltd wrote:Now that IS a $6 million question. I can say that the engine will be finished by then, but I can't say that the content, packaging, delivery etc. will all be ready by then as that isn't part of our remit. Sorry for the vague answer :-(

Cheers
Dave
You can only do what you can do Dave! I have similar issues at times. Altho' my issue is more: Boss tells client on Weds PM 'Oh, yes, we can have that running next Monday', boss tells me 'We need this impossible task to be up and running for start of Monday, I've promised the client'...

DSP

The copy protection scheme had better not be draconian. I've fallen victim to draconian copy protection twice already. No more.

The exact nature of the copy protection has not been decided, but I can say it definately won't be a dongle.

The KAB library itself is compressed and encrypted in such a way that it cannot be used outside of the plugin in any form, and there may be a requirement to register the plugin at the KAB website before it will work. Not draconian by any means.

Regards
Dave

I happen to like dongles, but I just don't want to have a million of them. Also, dongles can die. I already have 2. I like copy protection where you have to insert a CD every once in a while (with a X number of days left warning). A serial # upon install is no problem either as long as it is not case sensitive.

Surprise, surprise. The KAB release date has been changed – again. The AMG website now says 21 February. :?

Good thing I’ve stopped holding my breath. :hihi:

If StudioPhonik gets released before KAB and the brass is useable I may give up on KAB altogether. I see Garritan is bringing out a jazz/big band library too which sounds interesting.

/Yoss

booo hissss :cry:

<sigh>

We're a small team, working on a lot of projects. KAB is a top-end library, there's nothing like the detail, realism and usability on the market now and there probably won't be. Don't settle for an inferior solution because we're spending time getting it right.

Regards
Dave

Can we at least hear some new demos of the VSTi? Now that Garritan's big band library is going to be coming out in the spring, I need to make a decision on who I'm going to side with. That old kabdemo1.mp3 isn't really going to cut it (because every version I find is 64kbps.. why not 128kbps?) and of course I want to hear how the new instruments sound.

Return to “Muon Software”