List of plugins with faux wood

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

kbaccki wrote:You should all be ashamed. Faux wood is a precious resource that is unfortunately under assault by multinational black market criminal syndicates
I'm worried my kids are going to grow up in a world void of faux wood. Think of the children please people...only buy VSTs crafted from real genuine wood!

I tried out the plugins in this thread. You know what? They wooden work properly on my machine.

Don't believe the hype!

rasmusklump wrote:do you have too much time on your hands ?
:hihi: Isn't it obvious?

Russell Grand wrote:
rasmusklump wrote:do you have too much time on your hands ?
:hihi: Isn't it obvious?
I think there is sufficient enough reason to explore this avenue of plugins (couldn't sleep and/or beer). I know there are more out there too.

Real metal sounds better than faux wood.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I know someone listed it earlier, but now that I have the Arturia V bundle, I feel like I should say a few words regarding their woody warmth. I believe the V, correct me if I am wrong, stands for Virtual wood.

They've spared no expense modeling the deep, earthy tones imbued into these classic instruments via their wood side panels, and you can clearly hear the benefit. It might add a few extra CPU cycles, but I'm sure that you'll agree that it is totally worth it.

- Clavinet V
- CS-80 V
- Mini V
- Modular V
- Prophet V
- Solina V
- Synclavier V
- B-3 V
- MiniFilter V (not part of the bundle, but must be very warm nonetheless)

Synths without wood sound cold. 'tis known.

Updated what I own:

- Arturia M-12 Filter
- Klanghelm DC1A3
- Klanghelm DC8C3
- Klanghelm MJUC
- Klanghelm MJUC Jr
- Klanghelm SDRR2
- Klanghelm VUMT
- U-he ColourCopy

Clearly OP never heard a U-he Repro in action, or he had known that one has real ana-log wood.
(Actually I was relieved it didn't come with a CITES certificate)

Softube's Modular has a few performance modules with wooden side panels. Use at your own risk. Word on the street is these modules may turn you into a performance god.

VAZ Modular

TVerb has wooden floor, but not only that, it has a whole room with windows and curtains! Ain't life beautiful?!

https://endeavorfx.com/unharsh.html well well, another one to add, this one's a cutie.
two different grains!

acYm wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:30 am https://endeavorfx.com/unharsh.html well well, another one to add, this one's a cutie.
two different grains!
Is that faux mahogany? So warm and mellow.

Most things from soundtoys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”