Problem with specific U-he Diva preset "MM Men in tights"

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know my way around a synth but I am not super experienced and I am working on improving my sound design game in general. I can break down most basic to medium advanced patches but there is this one preset that ships with Diva that I love that I don't understand right now. It is called "MM Men in tights" and is in the LEAD preset folder after installing Diva. I love this sound and especially to play it on my keytar :hyper:

Since I have not yet really grasped exactly how this patch gets it sound I desperately come here for your help. This sound, as great as it is, has a quirk in it that makes it go "be-blo-blublublblb" from time to time, which is apparently connected to the second LFO and its rate. Disabling the osc tune mod/shape modulation removes it, but it seems like pulling back on the feedback knob in the HPF helps as well, which confuses me somewhat It is more obvious when playing higher notes and it almost sounds like random noise/glitches when I am jamming, it gets even worse after I've added some effects to it.

Like I said, If I pull back on the feedback this noise goes away, but so does a lot of he fatness of the sound. I fully admit that I don't really get this preset and that I need to study it further, but I would greatly appreciate if someone could inform me if it is possible to retain the fatness and grit of this sound while also removing this super annoying LFO/feedback noise/artifact?

Thank you for your time.

You already figured it out basically, it seems to be the feedback in interaction with the PWM (shape modulation).

It's the nature of feedback that is gives unstable, noisy effects.

I don't really know my way around a synth (yet) and I'm curious where the two extra notes a second into this preset comes from (and also how to turn them off)?

Return to “Sound Design”