Chord auditioning

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

newtobitwig wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:11 am Although I'm not much familiar with current touch controls
Neither am I :lol: I don't have touch and I'm not interested in it. But I was just considering that any solution would need to work with touch.

Learn to hear them in your head.

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:35 pm Learn to hear them in your head.
Replies like yours are rather unhelpful... I assume you are the kind of user who uses Bitwig to mess around with patches and modulators without ever making an actual track. Proper musicians who use Bitwig to deliver finished tracks need this feature rather desperately, much more so than takes and comping. Currently we can only preview single notes, and the duration of the preview is too short. In Ableton Live it's possible to preview chords, though the duration is limited. Ideally it should work like in Live but playing the chord for as long as the mouse button is held down.

Scoox wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:06 pmProper musicians who use Bitwig to deliver finished tracks need this feature rather desperately, much more so than takes and comping.
That is a bit overstated. You can hit play to hear the chords in the clip. It is not like chords cannot be heard. There are also plugins which can audition sets of selected chords in the plugin for quick auditioning. Yes, it would be useful for the Bitwig Devs to add chord auditioning, but it is not the desperate situation you are declaring.

Proper musicians who need to deliver finished tracks find the ways to accomplish that, just like they have since before there even were DAW's.

pdxindy wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:45 pm
Scoox wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:06 pmProper musicians who use Bitwig to deliver finished tracks need this feature rather desperately, much more so than takes and comping.
That is a bit overstated. You can hit play to hear the chords in the clip. It is not like chords cannot be heard. There are also plugins which can audition sets of selected chords in the plugin for quick auditioning. Yes, it would be useful for the Bitwig Devs to add chord auditioning, but it is not the desperate situation you are declaring.

Proper musicians who need to deliver finished tracks find the ways to accomplish that, just like they have since before there even were DAW's.
As far as I know all DAWs implement this feature one way or another. It's not a "nice to have" feature, it really is a must. No plugin can replace this feature. I'm not talking about "chord helper" plugins or chord tracks, etc. What I mean is being able to audition the notes you've already input in any order, without having to hit play, by clicking in the piano roll. FL Studio sucks in more ways that I can count but I have to admit it really nailed note auditioning.

This an many more piano roll niggles are what stop me from buying Bitwig. Take recording in v4 is cool but not when existing features are still unfinished.

Return to “Bitwig”