DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Compyfox wrote:Nice, the Track Series sees another addition. Should definitely take a closer look, see if it's rock solid for me (remember my reports about TrackGate, Dave?).
Can you drop me an email...? I'm doing updates and bugfixes for the next while, so I'll get things sorted.
Can I take it, that this is a more simplified concept to COMPASSION?
In DMG mode, yes. But there's also E-channel, G-bus, 76D and 2A, which are hopefully fairly transparent descriptions.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Bought it. Can’t use it yet...how is the latency on this things?

pabloaldunate wrote:Bought it. Can’t use it yet...how is the latency on this things?
Zero.

DaveGamble wrote:But it's hardly a /track/ compressor, is it? :P
Luckily, engineers at Abbey Road in the 60's felt differently! :P

DaveGamble wrote:
Always good to double check that you have your license installed!

Dave.
Duhr.... that’s it I’m sure. One of those days for me it seems. :dog:

-cheers

This has been a crazy month or so for compression. We've seen the release of the excellent Novatron from Kush and FG-Stress from Slate, and now this! I haven't demoed this yet, but part of me feels like if I buy it, I'm just doing it to collect plugins. Then again, I don't have a native LA-2A simulation I love yet. Thank God Dave didn't an LA3A in this too! If he had, I'd stand no chance.

compassion user needs this one?

Dave did you model saturation?
The cpu is exceedingly low if you did, and like I mentioned yours doesn't saturate like uad's 1176...
and not to mention I don't see it mentioned in the manual.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Dave did you model saturation?
In the preamp, the sidechain and the output stage. The entire thing, every component, is included in the model. So yep, you get all the saturation. :) Turn up makeup gain to drive the output stage. Pull down threshold to drive the preamp gain.
The cpu is exceedingly low if you did
It took months of work to get it that low. :)
, and like I mentioned yours doesn't saturate like uad's 1176... and not to mention I don't see it mentioned in the manual.
I can't speak for the UAD version, but this saturates like the hardware. Drive the makeup - that's equivalent to cranking the output gain. ;) Attenuate with OpGain if you like?

Dave.

nicksohn wrote:compassion user needs this one?
It's very different to Compassion in as much as 4 of the 5 included models are circuit models of hardware. Compassion doesn't model the distortions of units, only their processing attributes. It's for a very different purpose, TrackComp is optimised for tracking/mixing whereas Compassion is a dynamics toolbox for all sorts of jobs.

DaveGamble wrote:
zvenx wrote:Dave did you model saturation?
In the preamp, the sidechain and the output stage. The entire thing, every component, is included in the model. So yep, you get all the saturation. :) Turn up makeup gain to drive the output stage. Pull down threshold to drive the preamp gain.
The cpu is exceedingly low if you did
It took months of work to get it that low. :)
, and like I mentioned yours doesn't saturate like uad's 1176... and not to mention I don't see it mentioned in the manual.
I can't speak for the UAD version, but this saturates like the hardware. Drive the makeup - that's equivalent to cranking the output gain. ;) Attenuate with OpGain if you like?

Dave.
Just read the manual.. thanks.
indeed you did....
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Krzysztof Oktalski wrote:
nicksohn wrote:compassion user needs this one?
It's very different to Compassion in as much as 4 of the 5 included models are circuit models of hardware. Compassion doesn't model the distortions of units, only their processing attributes. It's for a very different purpose, TrackComp is optimised for tracking/mixing whereas Compassion is a dynamics toolbox for all sorts of jobs.
Cool. I think I'll get it.

By the way, any chance for adding new model like neve?

nicksohn wrote:By the way, any chance for adding new model like neve?
It's something I'm looking into :)

After reading the Gearslutz thread I think I have a better idea why you built a 'Fairchild' but it isn't included in TrackComp.
Looking forward to that too :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

Found a bug (or a really interesting feature): if you MIDI control the Model and go beyond the 2A, you'll see 2A with no extra controls. Basically looks like there are a bunch of extra "Style" slots for extra compressors (I'm guessing so Dave can add new ones without breaking anything) and you can access these by MIDI controlling the Model control.

So to Reproduce (using Studio One x64, Windows 10, and VST2):

1. Load up TrackComp
2. Use Studio One's mapping function to assign a knob or fader on your hardware controller to the Model parameter
3. Turn that control to a value above 31 or so

Result: the screen shows the 2A model, but there's no controls in the middle of the GUI.

Return to “Effects”