Receptor 2 not powering up

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have just bought a Receptor 2 and it arrived today but won't power up. The cooling fan at the rear spins momentarily, but literally nothing else happens. Is the PSU dead, or could there be an easier solution to this problem?

It's just a computer like any other. Same problems that happen with a computer happen to the Receceptor.
Bad or not seated RAM, Bad or not seated CPU, Bad or disconnected HD, etc. etc.
If the fan spins up, likely the psu is fine.

Hi
Open it up and check that all the connections are ok. If it was pre owned then maybee the owner has put new components in it,normaly muse used to glue every thing in place with silicon sealant.
Check that the Cpu fan is working and mounted.The symtoms you describe are typical of a bad cpu fan cuting out ,or a Ram falure.
check that the ram modules are seated properly ,if they are and the unit still wont work try pulling one of the modules do this with both modules to check if one is faulty.
If none of the above works then it is most likeley the Power unit.
If you need to replace the power unit or processor in the unit you can search my posts on the forum for a list of the components.Power sup is a sparkle if i remember correctly.
Good luck Andy

Thanks for the advice guys (sorry for the late reply, I've been away).

The good news is that the Receptor is now fully working. I opened it up and re-seated several of the unit's cables etc. Upon first testing, the unit still wouldn't power up, so I arranged to have the unit returned to the seller. However, the following day I thought I'd better make a short video showing what I was seeing to support my case, and when I tried to turn it on, low and behold, it fired up no problem! It has since been moved and placed in my studio and remains fully working. I am chuffed and very relieved, as this wasn't that cheap and I was ready to implement it within my setup.

I have since installed loads of my commercial VST synths on it, and found it already had NI Komplete installed too, which was a pleasing bonus!

Do any of you seasoned Receptor users know if the current version of Korg's Legacy collection can be installed on a Receptor 2+? I have checked the forum and have seen a couple of people say that they have managed to get the Wavestation plugin working, but not the M1. I tried copying the wavestation.dll to the unsupported VST folder (copied from my VST folder on my pc from an unlocked version of the digital suit), but it fails to install. I also tried the fully install in the drop installers here, which goes through the motions of installing, but when the Receptor is refreshed, it asks for the serial key. Unfortunately, I no longer have the serial code for my original Korg Legacy Digital suit, so I can't check if this works. It doesn't show as being a failed install, but I can't see the plugins in the plugins list.

I know the Receptor 1 didn't allow the use of Windows Installers, but it appears the R2 I have allows the normal Windows Installer to work. Is this true?

Sorry for all the questions!

Return to “Muse Research and Development”