Some Creme questions / feedback

Official support for: kuassa.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm a pro producer (major label credits) and guitarist.

I am enjoying Creme at the moment. I really like the response and tonal character.

1) Just a few things": I really wish there were some more descriptive visual cues for some of the controls.
For people who use LOTS of plugins, it can be a chore to remember what pedal is based on what and what to expect very quickly suing sessions. Even just labelling - there is a TON of free space in this GUI, and yet the switches aren't labelled..?

2) I'd love to see a compressor pedal on this amp.

3) I notice the gain knob does nearly all the work in lower quarter range.
Making careful adjustment a little tricky. And other knobs seem to be linear in their action, true?
Are there plans to make these exponential so that they do more work over the whole control travel?

In logic, I can assign to another control and it works much better IMO.

4) Mix knob. It would be great to be able to mix dry and wet for more experimental stuff.

5) The master section: This is a digital clean gain control rather than a power amp, right?
I used a scope and see this adds no saturation or clipping. Are there plans to add any such option?

6) Cab: Are there plans to implement a simple (menu loaded) cab impulse bypass?
Mixing personal IRs with the onboard speakers would be fun too.

What about some folder recall? So loading new instances etc, doesn't mean we have to hunt down various folders...

7) How about volume compensation for impulses as you move mics? Volume plays a HUGE role in perception and I don't see any advantage to not compensating these cabs as you move the mics... (seeting their level to be as even as possible).

i can't speak for Creme, but regarding master knob, i've recently tested just that with Vermillion, another Kuassa amp. it's admittedly quite subtle compared to other power amp simulations, but it's not a clean digital gain. i'm assuming Creme is the same, but what i would use to verify this is not a scope but a null test (two identical tracks with different master levels + gain adjustmnets).

regarding cabs, i believe you can do that already, both load your own and bypass them.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Hey Burillo...

//i can't speak for Creme, but regarding master knob, i've recently tested just that with Vermillion, another Kuassa amp. it's admittedly quite subtle compared to other power amp simulations, but it's not a clean digital gain. i'm assuming Creme is the same, but what i would use to verify this is not a scope but a null test (two identical tracks with different master levels + gain adjustmnets).//

OK. Yes, good point. I was content to do a waveform analysis because distortion tends not to be subtle... But this only took a minute to set up...

Procedure:

1 track test osc send > Bus 1 & Bus 2

Bus 1 instance of Creme, clean channel, high "gain" setting.

Bus 2 copied instance and invert signal resulting in nul.

Readjust master for max gain. signal is audible.

Readjust output level, RESULT signals nul. Flatline.

Switching channels to higher gain to ensure saturation at master: nul.

Now, this is fine: This amp does EVERYTHING in the preamp... No problem with that, it's tight - it's GOOD... But I think there should be an OPTION for powerstage distortion as it can change the "touch sensitivity" in real amps. Reasonable for a tube amp sim to work like a tube amp, right?

As it is, the "master" volume only works like the output knob (as I assume there are no associated non linear effects coming from the speaker IR circuit)

//regarding cabs, i believe you can do that already, both load your own and bypass them.

There are 2 buttons: A folder icon and an "X" which clears the selection.

There is no mute for comparisons (to be able to load 2 and A/B swap would be so useful), no library functionality for your favourites...

//From Russia with love//

Greetings.

yes, i agree with you, and i would've expected Creme's master knob to be a proper power amp simulation based on my experience with Vermillion. perhaps someone from Kuassa could chime in, as i no longer have the license for Creme to verify.

recarding cabinets, here's an image of Creme's interface i found in Google:

to bypass the cabinet, click the "CAB" button in the upper right corner of the plugin. to load your own cab impulse response, right at the bottom of the plugin, there's an impulse loader. i'm not sure if you can use the A/B functionality to swap cabs, and yes, there's no "impulse browser" as such, and the loader is really rudimentary. i'd advise using a dedicated impulse loader if you want this functionality (although truth be told, i am not aware of any standalone impulse loader that lets you organize your impulses, pick favorites, do A/B etc).

you could also try out the free Ignite Amps TPA-1 plugin if you want that power stage (they also have an impulse loader plugin called NadIR, maybe you'd find that one useful as well). or, you could do what i did and just use Torpedo Wall of Sound plugin :)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Hi Guys, Dimi here. I already forwarded this to my team and they are already reading this thread. Although I'm sorry I can't give a proper answer soon because this is quite a list of feature requests which need to be answered and carry out pretty seriously.

But one thing to be sure, we are listening, but it's only a matter of time of when and how we will improve the products.

Thank you for the great suggestions,
Best,
Dimi

Return to “Kuassa”