RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, that's really quite strange.

Effectively the way those popups should work is

1) The first popup says "[FATAL ERROR] Mruby Is Unable To Continue"
2) The popup blocks the application waiting for the user to click 'Ok'
3) The next popup appears with a full recording of what the error is
4) The user clicks 'Ok' and the application gracefully exits

What looks like is happening in your plugin host is step 1 happens, then the host panics as something is blocking and it calls something else which causes step 1 to repeat and repeat and repeat until the host crashes instead of exiting with some level of dignity left.

As a result I just combined step 1..3 into a single step to increase the likelyhood of the more useful error information appearing on screen.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

The changelog needs to be updated, but for now here's a patched revision which should hopefully fix a large number of the reported issues: http://fundamental-code.com/zyn-fusion/ ... 1-demo.zip

Fantastic, downloading it now. I'll get back to you tomorrow on how things are working. Thanks so much for your hard work!
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

It’s much better. Fundamental, it seems you are close to the goal. But several problems remains. Here a few I detected, in addition the all those found by AJYoung:

- File / load master / Can’t access to D drive

- Knobs next to the keyboard: velocity, VRND, Octave not working.

- In Part Settings: Scale Settings / turning the REF FREQ knob :
* Sometimes, the knob goes directly to the left end and the sound is shut down. Turning to the right doesn’t change anything. The only solution is Clear Master.
* Sometimes, It shuts down the DAW!

I hope you’ll find a solution for users like me (and I expect many others) who work on many projects using Zyn. Curiously, when I open a project in the DAW with Zyn Fusion instead of old Zyn, sometimes the chosen instrument is loaded, and sometimes not. The workaround (that now works) is to save master In the old zyn, than open the project with zyn fusion and load master. This must be done for each track. Not very handy.

Loading old and new zyn together would help, but it only works if the old DLL is renamed. But in this case, the instrument settings are lost (it opens with default sinewave). So, it should be possible de rename the new DLL, but it this case, the GUI is blank.

Win 7 / 64bits - Reaper 5.40

Been testing for a couple of hours today, and it seems like most of the reported bugs are gone! Still can't type in FL Studio, but that's not as big of a deal. I at least see the cursor in text boxes this time.

Anyway, I did encounter a few more today, so I will report them here:

1. Play a note, and then turn the part off. Release the note and turn the part back on. Results in a stuck note coming from the Part. It will continue until a note-off message is recieved or the Panic button is pressed.

2. Copy/Paste doesn't seem to work for:
-ADDsynth Voice Tab (Copying one Voice to another).
-ADDsynth Modulation Tab (Trying to copy unison settings). Maybe this one is intentional, as it contains info about both the OSC and MOD OSC. If it is, the C/P option should be removed.
-ADDsynth Resonance

However, it does seem to copy over those settings if copying the Global tab to another part.

3. Left/Right of the visual meter in upper right and the Master in the mixer is visually backwards. Mixer meters also do not reflect stereo info or panning (eg., Left/Right meters are the same as if the sound was mono).

4. Clicking on the "General" section in SUBsynth Filter Tab displays a sine wave instead of the typical filter visual.

5. (Could be related to above) Clicking on the "General" section of any filter (ADD or PAD synths) briefly flashes the image of a sine wave before displaying filter curve.

6. Double-Clicking controls to reset in Envelopes don't update the visual display until the next parameter change.

7. In the Load Dialog, Clicking the "Favorites" arrow when there are no Favorites saved results in the following:
Zyn Favorites mruby.png
then a repeating set of Access Violation error windows and then DAW crash. Sometimes multiple of the pictured window show up. Sometimes just one, sometimes 2 or 3, sometimes a stream of them like the previous mruby crash. I know this section is still a work in progress, so I imagine it's just not fully done yet.

Also, while experimenting, I encountered a VERY loud noise burst, which thankfully FL Studio muted. Clearing the master fixed it, but I don't know how to reproduce it. Get back to you if I encounter it again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

4.5 - Open Subsynth, click on Filter Tab, click on general do display the filter (but displays a sinewave). Then, click to a different Tab, then click back to Filter Tab. DAW crash. Sometimes it will display an error message. I will edit in a screengrab if of the error if I see it again.
Edit:
Zyn Sub Filter.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AJYoung wrote:4.5 - Open Subsynth, click on Filter Tab, click on general do display the filter (but displays a sinewave). Then, click to a different Tab, then click back to Filter Tab. DAW crash. Sometimes it will display an error message. I will edit in a screengrab if of the error if I see it again.
Thanks, I have fixed these two (sinewave+crash) bugs and a few similar ones exposed by it.

AJYoung wrote:6. Double-Clicking controls to reset in Envelopes don't update the visual display until the next parameter change.
Replicated and fixed.

AJYoung wrote:7. In the Load Dialog, Clicking the "Favorites" arrow when there are no Favorites saved results in the following:
I added the 'clear-favorites' functionality (double right click the add favs button) to test this, then replicated the bug, and it is now fixed.

3. Left/Right of the visual meter in upper right and the Master in the mixer is visually backwards. Mixer meters also do not reflect stereo info or panning (eg., Left/Right meters are the same as if the sound was mono).
I've now swapped them for the master channel. The rest of the individual parts only have mono information being passed to the UI. When I rescan this thread I should add an enhancement request to the primary tracker to get the backend to collect the non-mono information (either that or change the UI design to match the limited info).

AJYoung wrote:1. Play a note, and then turn the part off. Release the note and turn the part back on. Results in a stuck note coming from the Part. It will continue until a note-off message is recieved or the Panic button is pressed.
That looks like quite an old bug that might date back 8+ years by my best guess (though it might only be 2 years old or so).
Anyhow, that's been replicated and fixed (via https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zynaddsu ... 5f404e530b )

AJYoung wrote:Still can't type in FL Studio, but that's not as big of a deal.
The fix has not been tested, but a WIP implementation of the FL Studio style keyboard events has been added via https://github.com/DISTRHO/DPF/commit/f ... 8eb722daee .

fundamental wrote:The rest of the individual parts only have mono information being passed to the UI. When I rescan this thread I should add an enhancement request to the primary tracker to get the backend to collect the non-mono information (either that or change the UI design to match the limited info).
Ah, that would make sense then. Ideally the parts would display stereo information, but that's not the most important thing on the to-do list.
fundamental wrote:That looks like quite an old bug that might date back 8+ years by my best guess
Well that's amusing! :lol: Surprised it hadn't been caught before.
fundamental wrote:The fix has not been tested, but a WIP implementation of the FL Studio style keyboard events has been added
Wonderful. I can definitely test it out whenever the next build is done.

As always, thanks again for your hard work. It's awesome to be able to talk to a developer and have things fixed in practically a matter of hours.

As a note: it appears that using Shift for fine control of parameters doesn't work in FL Sudio, and I'm guessing that's because of the typing keyboard bug. Same with holding Ctrl for Macro Learn. Works fine in Reaper though.

Found another one.

8. Load the Distortion Effect into any of the effect tabs (System, Insertion, Part Insertion). Navigate to a different page, then navigate back. DAW Crash.

The way to reproduce this one feels like it could be related to bug 4.5 above, as it involves a similar visual display, so it could already be fixed on your end. However, this crash does not give me an error message like 4.5 does.

Edit: Ooh yeah, something's definitely up with Distortion. Added distortion to System effects, the tried to add a second effect below it and got this:
Zyn Distortion Bug.png

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”