Valhalla Plugins Slow and Laggy

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Alright so whenever I have multiple instances of Valhalla plugins running, they become very laggy and buggy. Whenever I try to adjust the knobs by my mouse pointer, my DAW, FL Studio freezes for a couple seconds. I am on 64 bit FL and running 64 bit Valhalla plugins. The weird thing is whenever I bridge a 32 bit Valhalla plugin in 64 bit FL, it runs flawlessly.

Anyone else have this same problem or something similar?

I am using FL Studio 12 and I use both 32bit and 64bit versions. I have several Valhalla plugs, including Valhalla vintage and I never experienced what you describe. How if you use 32bit FL Studio and bridge 64bit Valhalla, is it laggy then?

Just wonder since you said that 64bit FL Studio with bridged 32bit Valhalla is fine. So the suggested test might narrow down and isolate your problem to 64bit Valhalla only. It's a step on the way to narrow down the issue.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:I am using FL Studio 12 and I use both 32bit and 64bit versions. I have several Valhalla plugs, including Valhalla vintage and I never experienced what you describe. How if you use 32bit FL Studio and bridge 64bit Valhalla, is it laggy then?

Just wonder since you said that 64bit FL Studio with bridged 32bit Valhalla is fine. So the suggested test might narrow down and isolate your problem to 64bit Valhalla only. It's a step on the way to narrow down the issue.
Alright so I tested it out and.. it's vice versa. When I load 32 bit Valhalla plugins in 32 bit FL Studio, it lags and bugs out. But when I bridge 64 bit Valhalla in 32 bit FL Studio, it runs perfectly without any lag. Weird..

That is weird indeed! Sorry I can't be of any real help here since I don't have this issue. I am running the latest FL Studio 12. I saw there is a new beta version of FL Studio up now. Perhaps it's Worth a try?!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

My suggestion is to fill out a support ticket:

https://valhalladsp.com/support/

This will get it in front of the eyes of our support team (which is currently me and Don Gunn). We can make sure that you are using the latest plugin versions from your valhalladsp.com user account. The support ticket will also allow us to set up our systems to attempt and reproduce these issues.

I haven't received any email support requests about this issue in the past. The fact that it only happens in FL12, and isn't something that happens on other systems, makes me think that it is either specific to FL12, or specific to certain hardware setups. Putting the machine details in the support ticket will help us look into this further.

I would also recommend downloading the latest FL version. Sometimes there are bugs with plugins in a DAW, that are resolved with a bug fix of that DAW. This happened fairly recently with Cubase - the Cubase 8 release broke a ton of plugins, where the 8.0.10 update fixed things.

We are going into a big holiday weekend here in the United States, so we'll be able to look into this in detail starting July 5th.

Sean Costello

Return to “Valhalla DSP”