Plugin Boutique's Carbon Electra

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Carbon Electra Tantra

Yes plus Diversion is a lot more flexible.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

sounds pretty stunning at 96kHz i must say... but the CPU load is pretty killer too.

EJRAudio wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:47 pmThis version should cure all known issues and includes many new features.
In case another Windows user cannot find the new version after installing: there was a path mixup when I installed 1.5, i.e. the old version was not removed:
  • old version: ...\pluginboutique\carbonelectra\
  • new version: ...\Plugin Boutique\Carbon Electra\

I'm very surprised that was not identified during beta...

I'll see if I can get a default option "delete old versions" added to the Windows installer. It seems everyone at PIB is already away for the weekend since it's late Friday evening now.

Hi EJRAudio,

EJRAudio wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:58 pmI'm very surprised that was not identified during beta...
I did not want to phrase it like that, but... so was I.
In their defense, it was no issue in S1 (chose the latest version by default), probably most other DAWs use a similar logic. I only started investigating after Reaper loaded the old version.

It seems everyone at PIB is already away for the weekend since it's late Friday evening now.
I contacted their support 48 hours ago with this issue, but have not received a response.
I guess you have better means of getting in contact with them :wink:

Thanks for your initiative!

PIB deals with a large number of products from many different sources and offers a support/ticket system for all of them. Since the synthesizer and many other parts of the plug-in are my code I'm willing to invest a large amount of effort to ensure it is absolutely perfect in every way.

CE itself however I'm sure does not make up a significant chunk of day-to-day operations at PIB. This is why I recommend anyone with such issues in the plug-in itself should contact me directly.

PIB should be your go-to with regard to purchases, licensing, expansions, marketing, promotion and general site-related issues.

For design and audio related issues I can offer to redirect your comments or questions to the plug-in and factory presets team although I can't answer them all directly from an "official" POV.

I am happy to discuss anything about the plug-in on a personal level though!

Hi there, I've just joined - primarily as I see there is a topic on Carbon Electra here.

I have just purchased the full version (V1.5 R45) from Plugin Boutique and have found that it appears to revert to the 'init' patch sound whenever I go back into a saved project. None of my other VST's have this problem - I can just pick up exactly where I left off, even if I haven't saved an edited patch.... I guess I am missing something here on Carbon Electra? ;-)

I am using the 64 bit version in Ableton Live 9 Suite.
Any thoughts? I hope I can get around this problem, as it's such an intuitive, great synth which I think I'll really get into. Many thanks....

db3 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:07 am
trixieon wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:59 pm
joshb wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:14 pm Just picked it up last night, installed it and it crashed 3 times barely doing anything. Not impressed so far.
Are you using the 64bit version of Ableton? That is my setup and Carbon is rock solid. I'm loving the update really allows for some flexibility in making sequences and arps. Half price is a no brainer - wish I hadn't paid double but at least it's a free update. Thing sounds 👏 🙏
The demo crashes Ableton Live 10 for me on mac. Tried twice and Carbon killed Ableton within a few mins.
Just want to confirm that ERJAudio kindly provided me with Build 48, and my issue in Ableton is resolved. Now that I can try the 1.5 update, I have to say the PB promo seems like a great deal. :tu:

iixorb wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:30 pm Hi there, I've just joined - primarily as I see there is a topic on Carbon Electra here.

I have just purchased the full version (V1.5 R45) from Plugin Boutique and have found that it appears to revert to the 'init' patch sound whenever I go back into a saved project.
Did you reload the plug-in after you imported the key file? It'll continue to operate in demo mode until you launch an entirely new instance.

It isn't capable of saving a preset in demo mode. You can test that by using "Save: Export preset". In demo mode it should inform you the plug-in is currently running in demo mode.

Can you confirm you can save a preset and bank file and they load successfully? If not it would point to some problem with the registration key. If you can save/load both .fxp and .fxb files it would point to an issue with the host on loading the project. Please confirm those five and let me know.

iixorb wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:30 pmappears to revert to the 'init' patch sound whenever I go back into a saved project.
You don't need to worry about confirming the issue, I've been able to verify this.

I'll have to get in contact with Ableton support and see if I can get a NFR license to try to figure this out or whether they know what is going wrong.

Apparently saving .fxb does not work in Live although it works in other hosts. This is what gets saved with the project so a failure there would very likely be the same issue as loading projects.

Just a note to anyone running into a similar issue on MacOS in Live:

The AU version does not have such issues so please try to use the AU instead until we're able to identify the cause and have it fixed.

If you are on Windows it seems this is Live-specific and so if you wouldn't mind using another host as a temporary solution that is sadly the best I can do at the moment.

Hi - thanks for the quick reply. I guess you're the developer ? (sorry, I am a Newb on this forum, so I don't know 'who's who in the zoo' yet ;-) )

So what I think it is doing, is defaulting to USER patch 0 and not just the default INIT patch. After saving a patch in this position, it is that one which it reverts back to, even after I have saved the Ableton project.

Just to throw another curve ball though - I have discovered that if I save a project with a number of CE instances open, all but the last one on the right default back to USER patch 0; the one on the right will revert back to the correct patch, but only if it is not edited. If I edit it and then close and save the Ableton project (not saving in CE), then it appears to revert to USER patch 0 when I re open the Ableton project.
I hope this helps ?
Ta.

i have the exact same problem, if i edit a factory patch, then save my project, upon opening it reverts to the first slot in the USER bank.

It's best to bring this type of conversation into private, anything more on the subject is just redundant. I've confirmed the behavior and I'm researching how it could be possible with no leads so far. After I exhaustively conclude it is not possible for the plug-in to do this on its own (weird it only does in Live?) I'll get in contact with Ableton and try to sort out exactly what is happening.

Using the AU version is a good solution. It never suffered from the issue.

Does diversion offer a randomizer patch?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”