Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:11 pm LOL, actually I intended to make a few people stumble into having to buy it.
I bought the upgrade purposefully :wink: You've been plugging away for almost 3 months. You deserve it :D The import and export works great! :tu:
Ambient Sound Design & Soundtrack Composition - http://ambietica.lyonsdenmultimedia.com/

OK, Great news.

Yes it has been difficult to resist the temptation to make releases while this development was in progress but I wanted to get this release as close as possible to perfection in terms of the audio performance, before porting in the Intel AVX code.

With the new version 2.32 on faster systems the editing audio glitches should be virtually eliminated for all wave draw mouse movement, Bezier point movement in any envelopes as well as all the oscillator partials dials. This also includes a complete rewrite of the wave table oscillator for efficiency.

The GUI to Processor interface was completely redesigned.

The new setting "Calculate Buffers in UI Thread" controls the threading model. The old threading model is still available, but the new threading model performs waveform buffer calculations in the user interface thread where there is oodles of available time, and then when the calculation of all waveform buffers are complete they are hot-swapped into the processor between sample blocks for the fastest possible performance. On faster systems the swap is flawless and there is not even a detectable edge in the audio.

The next release 2.33 will be the Intel AVX Parallel Processing release. That code is actually complete but requires extensive testing before 2.33 is released.

After that, depending on sales, will be the mother of all Samplers.

Congrats on the new release! Another one bytes the dust.
Or is it zero bytes? What size is the Fathom Quickstart Guide.pdf
out on the east coast? Shows zero bytes size here :dog:
Cheers

On the east coast USA the "quick" start guide after download is 6,430,138 bytes

I'll gladly trade 'ya :wink:
The one from the 232 archive musta shrunk on the way across country :wink:

Yeah, probably caused by LDBE (Long Distance Byte Evaporation)

That's about the size of it...

Looks like 7zip had a bad hair day. The whole folder content was
zero bytes :o Used a linux archiver, and it's 602 meg or so :hyper:
Time for a vacation, and I didn't even code anything :(

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:54 am After that, depending on sales, will be the mother of all Samplers.
May the sales gods shine their good fortune on Fathom. If this Sampler is even half as good as I imagine, then Fathom will go beyond "one synth to rule them all". And hopefully ...Bye bye Kontakt! :D
Ambient Sound Design & Soundtrack Composition - http://ambietica.lyonsdenmultimedia.com/

:ud: did someone just say "Bye bye Kontakt! :D "?
Say it isn't so! Say it isn't sssoooohhhhh!!! :scared:

On that day, birds will sing hiphop, the noon whistle will go off
at 11 AM, the cop behind you will get a flat tire,
the sun will stop advancing for an hour at 4PM, a perfect breeze
will waft a hundred dollar bill to your feet, and a pizza delivery
guy will run out of gas at your driveway, and give you
dinner before it gets cold.

(thanks for the tips shared earlier, I'll definitely
check them out :tu: )

glokraw wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:17 am Looks like 7zip had a bad hair day. The whole folder content was
The zero bytes size is due to wrong password. This is also my problem so question is:

Everett did you change password for archive again? My doesn't work. Another question. Did you added my new presets to this update?
Last edited by TrojakEW on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Is the thread title correct:
Serum Save Tables?

TrojakEW wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:53 am
glokraw wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:17 am Looks like 7zip had a bad hair day. The whole folder content was
The zero bytes size is due to wrong password. This is also my problem so question is:

Everett did you change password for archive again? My doesn't work. Another question.
Same here. Password not working. :neutral:

On the website: Your unzip password has changed in Version 2.32.

Blaster wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:05 am On the website: Your unzip password has changed in Version 2.32.
Also in this thread in the post that tells you about the update.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Return to “Instruments”