Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:53 pm Thanks everyone who signed up for the license installer beta test group.
I'm in for all the beta testing :) I'll make sure you get extensive testing and good feedback. :) And when it comes to testing 2.33, I have some CPU intensive patches I just made ready to go. I'll max Fathom out, to see what it can and can't do.
Ambient Sound Design & Soundtrack Composition - http://ambietica.lyonsdenmultimedia.com/

"After that will be the Intel AVX Vector Processing release which will also include Fathom FX the Effects version of Fathom with the ability to route host audio on a track through any of Fathom's filters or effects. And it will also include the FM Synthesis change which allows different FM parameters in all connected FM oscillators as well as FM feedback routing."

Wow, that will be a massive upgrade.
To tell the truth I think you should sell Fathom FX as separate product.

biscuitdough wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:46 pm Perhaps only slightly relevant, since the dev has already stated the copy protection won't be iLok:

I use one iLok synth, Loom 2. I found iLok to be easy to register and activate. No complaints with iLok itself. However, either the synth or the iLok licenser installed Bonjour and apparently depends on it. That was the only irritation for me - I'm on Windows and I don't see the need for a redundant, Apple-proprietary device manager on my system.
Loom 2 doesn't require Bonjour, though it seems to install it. I uninstalled Bonjour after I found it on my system a few days after installing Loom 2. I've had no problems since then, and I tested Loom 2 again just now, to be sure.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:52 pm
biscuitdough wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:46 pm Perhaps only slightly relevant, since the dev has already stated the copy protection won't be iLok:

I use one iLok synth, Loom 2. I found iLok to be easy to register and activate. No complaints with iLok itself. However, either the synth or the iLok licenser installed Bonjour and apparently depends on it. That was the only irritation for me - I'm on Windows and I don't see the need for a redundant, Apple-proprietary device manager on my system.
Loom 2 doesn't require Bonjour, though it seems to install it. I uninstalled Bonjour after I found it on my system a few days after installing Loom 2. I've had no problems since then, and I tested Loom 2 again just now, to be sure.

Steve
Thanks. Looks like it's time to say "se voit en enfer" to Bonjour.

Chat vs play today, and play won by 3 touchdowns :hyper:

So made a little cheery (hopefully) fathom loop.
If the preset designer to blame for the preset
I used guesses which sound I used,
I'll definitely buy their next two banks :hihi:
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:53 pm Thanks everyone who signed up for the license installer beta test group.
Hi Everett,

I was shocked when you recently announced the untimely demise of Fathom due to piracy. Great to see that it was merely a near death experience and life goes on! And that Fathom still/again has a future, so bright, I gotta wear shades.

If you think I can help you steer Fathom towards an even brighter future, sign me up for closed group and/or beta testing. I'd be happy to have any part in Fathoms succes.

OK, you are on the license protection beta list.

More details will be released to all beta testers shorty.

I am not (yet) a super synth guru yet either but I would be happy to help in any way I can.

OK, you're on the beta test list.

planetearth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:52 pm

Steve
There's a chance that software ilok manager uses Bon Jour to communicate.
You might need that to temp deactivate an AIR product for a system fix etc
I'd google around a bit for some precise info. I think all the AIR products
install Bon Jour, and some always say it's installed wrong,
and want to replace it :dog:
Not AIR's most graceful ballet :wink:

glokraw wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:33 am I'd google around a bit for some precise info. I think all the AIR products
install Bon Jour, and some always say it's installed wrong,
and want to replace it :dog:
Not AIR's most graceful ballet :wink:
Bonjour is installed as part of the iLOK License Manager software. If you download the installer from the iLOK site, you'll see it. I don't know if it is necessary or not (if it isn't then they are even more dumb than I thought) but I think that's how they manage licenses trasfer to/from the keys, etc.

It isn't necessary for AIR instruments to run "per se" - just for the iLOK protection.
Fernando (FMR)

Many hands make light work and all that so I'll also help if I can :)
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

iLOK might use Bonjour to check for multiple installs running at the same time on different computers... If they don't check if its installed at all, all is good. But each time they update their app (happens often) it will be installed again... Bonjour is a useful technology btw...

I'll just be happy with anything that protects the project from piracy abuse. And a big plus for us will be the one click installer!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

bibz1st, ok you are on the beta test list.

Yes, it will be a one button press to install the preset files and a one button press to install the license.

Users will have the choice of a quick direct com to the server to install the license or an automated email which will reply in ten seconds with the key. Whichever they prefer. Com with the server or email is only necessary once during installation and never again, certainly not when running the VST. It is a user account license not a machine lock so users will be able to run on as many machines or hardware upgrades as they want. There will also be a fail safe backup plan if my server goes down or I go on vacation which will consist of a key free installation in the possession of all my sound designers who will release it upon individual request if certain conditions occur. This will be in place so the community and no single user will ever be trapped without a running copy.

I will also be re-reading all the uhe license threads since many people like their system and we will be paying some mind toward the best part of that system in constructing ours. Obviously out of respect for uhe we will not be copying it directly, but simply considering it as a general model for something that people like.

Anyway, the beta test group will be testing this thoroughly so it is easy and flawless for end users when released.

Return to “Instruments”