New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

feeling very nervous about the eventual Pricepoint announcement....

this whole thing of releasing the 14 day demo without giving the price kinda smells of "hook them now, so they feel they MUST pay the high price once it's announced."

It's not like their other products are cheap, and in a sense, this is all of them combined...

mutantdog wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:43 pm
woggle wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:31 pm has a nice "flip" function that lets you output either the normal gated signal or the signal that the gate is rejecting. Or both to separate tracks
I find the interface easy to work with - easier than some other more traditional gates
Aah, i can do that with Live's built in gate. Cool feature though.

Maybe i'll add it to the stuff i'm gonna need to sell if i want to get BYOME.
Ahh, but the key part here is or both to separate tracks. Well, unless Live's gate picked up the ability to do this in version 10. When routing both to separate tracks, you get perfectly lossless recovery of the original sound, but you also gain the ability to process both layers separately. Add G8's one-shot mode to this and you can get strikingly close to Eventide's Physion on the cheap.
tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:02 amI'm happy it does not make SpecOps obsolete. I hope they work on SpecOps a bit more. Easy Drag/drop change of order of fx for instance.
This, along with a logarithmic option for the frequency sliders would be my number 1 usability requests. Assuming the exponent CV module from BYOME makes it into SpecOps, the logarithmic freq option would be covered by definition though.

There's only really two requests for DSP I'd have that don't go against the ethos of the plug (easy to use, near-impossible to make sound bad, no transformations that discard/randomise phase thus 'blurring' when inactive, no sidechain modules - though sidechain for input follower CV would be awesome):

First would be bit more overlap at crazy high window sizes. Things can get a bit amplitude-modulation-ish, especially with heavy repitching.

The second would be a bodge for the freezer modules. One of the really obvious effects to do with a freezer is rhythmically cut between 0% and 100%, but you currently need to cut between 0.00001% and 100% if you want it to work as expected. You just get exactly the same freeze every time otherwise. It's easy enough to work around as a user, but I suspect it's not a simple fix as the same thing seems to happen to greater or lesser extents across the entire slider range. There's a kind of 'memory effect' at play when you hard cut from 0 to anything else - whatever the plug was doing before it hit 0, it picks up where it left off when you go back above 0. A bodge just for the special 0 to 100 case would make me very happy though.

Michael talked a bit about how one of the most difficult things in SpecOps was making the freezers work seamlessly across the range, and so I wonder if the current situation was the best that could be accomplished. I don't recall there ever being a freezer that let you achieve a 'solid' freeze but didn't leave the audio blurred at 0%, presumably because phases weren't reacquired, so I think SpecOps is a truly unique advancement in this area. IIRC the main freezer doesn't have this 'memory effect' issue, but it's a very different beast to the module freezers. The main freezer is (again IIRC) still influenced to some extent by the underlying audio even at full freeze, whereas the module freezers have a little discontinuity around the 70% mark where they switch modes, allowing for a perfectly 'solid' freeze that isn't affected by the audio beneath. I'm guessing this has something to do with it?

Still, either way the workaround is there...
Last edited by cron on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mholloway wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:08 pm feeling very nervous about the eventual Pricepoint announcement....

this whole thing of releasing the 14 day demo without giving the price kinda smells of "hook them now, so they feel they MUST pay the high price once it's announced."

It's not like their other products are cheap, and in a sense, this is all of them combined...
I seem to remember PA doing that with their last release too (Metric AB) so wondering if this is a new direction the site is going in ...

mholloway wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:08 pm feeling very nervous about the eventual Pricepoint announcement....

That’s exactly what it is - see Metric AB. HOPEFULLY a $99 intro price.

Vst has issue with outputs in Reaper freezing controls for volume. Vst3 does not

Byome needs wet dry controls for entire plugin. Would be awesome

dangayle wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:20 am
Russell Grand wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:06 am
antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:18 am
Terrafractyl wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:04 amStill going to have to get it though, as it is a thing of beauty. It also just makes me want SpecOps to get a GUI update to match this! Damn you for making such good things!
My thoughts exactly! Suddenly the other ones that I have - SandmanPro, InstantDelay and Fault - look "dated" by comparison :)

I wouldn't go that far. :hihi:
Seriously. I mean, heck, how much breath has been wasted about Native Instruments not being able to update their guis from the 90s? :dog: The new gui is really nice, but the other ones are still really good too. We are spoiled. The only one that doesn't catch my fancy is G8, which is like their first plugin or something so it gets a pass.
I agree, even with your opinion of the G8 GUI. That's always been the odd man out to me. 8)

I finally made the obvious FSU demo :hihi:

One instance of BYOME kills an 808 loop :hihi:
https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/byome- ... 808-glitch

antithesist wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:23 am I vote for one main Byome thread now, and that it's not this one, please? (and thanks!)
lol... guess not.

Should I have used reverse psychology?

No matter... you guys are maybe upping the price by all the fervor and interest (or not).

It's possible for this to go ridiculous since it includes stuff in all but specops... think D. might have expected more out of the post-SSL/townhouse baby-mastering and AB plug-ins, too.

Maybe $666... the highest PA price ever? (they seem to like that number... satanic lol)

Anyway... hope not, but they could go full-melda.

I have all the other UA and am packing the survey $25 plus maybe $25 for this month... hoping for $99 heavy hitter, and getting out for $49 (otherwise, I may wait on this one... especially if it's really high).

There really should be an extra discount for being cool and/or all-unfiltered.

Anybody in their fakebook group?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:15 pm There really should be an extra discount for being cool and/or all-unfiltered.
I'd really like to see this too, but y'know, of course I would because I'm hoping I can afford it. I appreciate PA discontinued the 100% Unfiltered bundle, but it'd be nice to see an exception here given that there's a an element of duplication if you already own the entire range.

Incidentally, has anyone received the October voucher yet? I mentioned earlier being on the cusp of eligibility. Had a closer look and I ordered Zip on October 30 last year. Wondering if this means I'll still get the $25 voucher this month.

They’ve been pretty consistently reasonable with UA pricing. I expect the UA guys have little interest in making unaffordable plugins. They can price things fairly and always make more plugins. These are cool devs with a passion for it, I think their actions so far show that they are not greedy at all, a lot of their work is given freely. Not to say they won’t come out with some high end synth at some point though.

antithesist wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:15 pm
antithesist wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:23 am I vote for one main Byome thread now, and that it's not this one, please? (and thanks!)
lol... guess not.

Should I have used reverse psychology?

No matter... you guys are maybe upping the price by all the fervor and interest (or not).

It's possible for this to go ridiculous since it includes stuff in all but specops... think D. might have expected more out of the post-SSL/townhouse baby-mastering and AB plug-ins, too.

Maybe $666... the highest PA price ever? (they seem to like that number... satanic lol)

Anyway... hope not, but they could go full-melda.

I have all the other UA and am packing the survey $25 plus maybe $25 for this month... hoping for $99 heavy hitter, and getting out for $49 (otherwise, I may wait on this one... especially if it's really high).

There really should be an extra discount for being cool and/or all-unfiltered.

Anybody in their fakebook group?
I agree, a dedicated thread for Byome is a good idea.

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 am
Russell Grand wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:06 amI wouldn't go that far. :hihi:
I mostly meant making the old ones resizeable, because otherwise they do look quite futuristic still. However, there's something about Byome that makes it look better - probably it's the overall thicker lines used to draw its elements, that are less prone to aliasing?
The old ones are resizeable, but yes I do like the draggable resize on Byome compared to the preset GUI sizes on the older ones. And I do get what you're saying, Byome does look pretty damn slick. 8)

Russell Grand wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:36 pmI agree, a dedicated thread for Byome is a good idea.
Thanks, in case you didn't know there already is one... but less active than this one so far.

I just thought it would be easier to check one, and it should probably be the one with Byome in the subject... just overall less confusing, too.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

anybody experiencing BYOME crashing in ableton? mine consistently crashes on ableton in mac mojave

cron wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:26 pm Incidentally, has anyone received the October voucher yet? I mentioned earlier being on the cusp of eligibility. Had a closer look and I ordered Zip on October 30 last year. Wondering if this means I'll still get the $25 voucher this month.
I got mine. Depends when you got your first voucher. If your first voucher came November 2017 or later then you should get a voucher for this month.

Return to “Effects”