DS-404

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi !

I`ve found DS-404 on a computer-music CD,CM51 /09/02
and I wonder if it will run w/ WinXP SP-1 and Cubase SX2.2 ?
If not, where do I find a higher version of DS-404 ?

cheers PeWe

It works ok in Sx 2.2 or even lower versions of Cubase, also in any VST hosts, if you want updates go to Muon site, or Computer Music site.

Guitarlover wrote:It works ok in Sx 2.2 or even lower versions of Cubase, also in any VST hosts, if you want updates go to Muon site, or Computer Music site.
Hi G.L.!

Thanx ! Does it work w/ Win XP SP 1 ?

PeWe

Have you ever heard that : "try" ?

Yes, Ir works with SP 1 too

Actually, I wouldn't suggest using DS404 with Cubase SX2. It is the only unstable DS404/host combination we know of.

A fix is in the pipeline so watch this space.

Regards
Dave

Muon Software Ltd wrote:Actually, I wouldn't suggest using DS404 with Cubase SX2. It is the only unstable DS404/host combination we know of.

Regards
Dave
Many thanx for the reply, Dave ! That´s I wanted to know before the install.

cheers and all the best

PeWe

I just try it on Cubase Sx 2.2 and have some problems with, when it's going to be out the update for it, thanks you very much, Keep the good work.

Does DS404 work with SX3 then:?:
- Regards DK

Muon Software Ltd wrote:Actually, I wouldn't suggest using DS404 with Cubase SX2. It is the only unstable DS404/host combination we know of.

Regards
Dave
reggae, soul, rocknroll, jazz, funk and punk our music!

I'm confident that the updated DS404 will work just fine with SX3, though we're still waiting to get our hands on it ourselves to provide a definitive answer.

For those people waiting for the updates, we're just fixing a little something in the OSX version of CM101 and then the updates will be released for Windows and Mac simultaneously next week.

Regards
Dave

:( I am trying DS404 (CM SX FOCUS CD version) with cubase SX 3 on a powerbook G4 1GHz.
I can use the instrument, but if I try to save a project with an DS-404 in it, cubase SX3 will crash and won't complete the save.
A not too good work around is to manually load all DS-404 instruments every time you start a project and unload them before you save it.

:(

Sounds like a memory issue to me. Remember though, we haven't actually released the update yet and so the product is unlikely to be stable with SX3.

Regards
Dave

Hey, I've been having a hard time getting that patch to work :( it keeps saying "the following file does not match the file to be updated..." and lists the ds404.dll file under that message... I've re-copied the .dll file from my computer music cd and tried again with no luck. I'd really like to get this working again as I've switched to Cubase SX3 (from Logic) and it crashes almost every time I save a file :( Any help would be much appreciated!!! :-D

respect,
nathan

If it says that the file doesn't match, you are using the wrong patch file.

You may have to use several patches to bring yourself fully up to date. Even then, the current release version will not work properly in SX2/SX3 as it was written before they were even a twinkle in Steinberg's corporate eye. You should update to the latest version anyway though - so when the final version comes out later this year you'll be ready to update using the patch that gets released then.

If its crashing every time you save a file, switch over to performance monitor and watch your commit/charge figure at the bottom while the file save is taking place. Chances are you are using all your memory plus all your swap file and it has nowhere to go. Later versions will give an out-of-memory warning and die gracefully. If you are running out of RAM stick more in your box or use smaller samples.

Cheers
Dave

Well according the the file I'm using version 1.11, but i will try the other patches... As far as ram is concerned, I have 2gb installed (can't install any more or else i probably would ;-) However all i use the ds404 for is a drum sampler. So it shouldn't be putting that much strain on my resources. And according to the performance monitor even in a big production track with a lot of vst's and stuff i'm still only using a 3rd of my memory... Can't wait for the update, as i've really taken a liking to this sampler =) Thanks dave...

respect,
nathan

Return to “Muon Software”