Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

IvyBirds wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 pm
N 4 LIFE wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 am what most people aren't paying attention to is that Roland has partnered with BMG to forge new alliances that will benefit both parties. sorry to not post a link here.....google is your friend.
I am going to call BS because if it was so awesome Jon would be here talking about it

Secondly if it was so awesome you would explain why it post a link

If Google is our friend and you feel the need to lecture why didn't you spend 5 seconds googling it and post a link?

The reality however is Roland should fix their own software and make new stuff for their subscription service before "partnerships" with anyone

Any partnership that relies on RCM is something I don't want a part of
and this is how you can lonely and out of the loop ivy birds.
here's the link
https://www.roland.com/us/company/press ... roup-Form/

Jon is in support, hmmmm...maybe that's why it's not his dept to talk about it. ya think?

it's a 3 second google and tonight i had time to google it so here's the link for a second time
https://www.roland.com/us/company/press ... roup-Form/

somehow you saying you want no part in roland cloud is something many hope for since i've seen some of your other posts. i was simply pointing out why it might be possible roland is not focused on all the cloud request/instrument updates. i hope i don't have to post the link a third time lol.

N 4 LIFE wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:39 am somehow you saying you want no part in roland cloud is something many hope for since i've seen some of your other posts. i was simply pointing out why it might be possible roland is not focused on all the cloud request/instrument updates. i hope i don't have to post the link a third time lol.
So we are supposed to be impressed that Roland put a press release that has zero to do with the Roland Cloud and you thought that was worthy for you to drop in and lecture us about why we are not focused on the press release that is meaningless

So meaningless I might add that you couldn't even be bothered to post to the press release

Forgive us for caring more about having software we actually pay for actually work than about corporate speak from Roland about a "partnership" with a record label that has a very long history of screwing over artists big and small

If the reason we have seen zero new instruments in two years is because Roland has been focused on lining up at the trough to feed from UMG well that makes them suck even more

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:36 am If the reason we have seen zero new instruments in two years is because Roland has been focused on lining up at the trough to feed from UMG well that makes them suck even more
fact

Jon at Roland wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:20 pm Hey Examigan. That is very odd that it updated itself. Do you happen to have Auto-Update Instruments deactivated in your preferences?
I worked with the support guys and they walked me through deleting the instances of where it was located. Somehow two versions were on my PC on two different drives, but anyway ...it's working fine now. :)

It's weird as I always install to a VST folder I have on my secondary drive, but I don't care anymore as long as it is working again.

when is this crappy Cloud Manager thingy stable, i need to reinstall this buggy crap every few weeks/months. always the same. yeah cloud, the future!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Every time this thread gets bumped I feel the need to check in case Roland have released a JP-8000. Constant disappointment. :D

:hihi:

db3 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm Every time this thread gets bumped I feel the need to check in case Roland have released a JP-8000. Constant disappointment. :D
I stopped asking. It's hopeless, I guess. ;)

Adam Szabo has one in the making.

db3 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm Every time this thread gets bumped I feel the need to check in case Roland have released a JP-8000. Constant disappointment. :D
everyone having still hope in roland cloud is really hopeless :hihi: for real, even their crap cloud manager never worked without problems. i recently loaded old projects with many instances of the jv1080 and so on and i couldnt use it now cause i think i would have to need to restart the pc, but why? the fucki*g cloud manager doesnt wanted to start anymore, i fixed it mostly with starting the maintenance tool to uninstall this crap and reinstall but then you need to restart. hope it works tomorrow when i start the pc. if not well i dunno. jon at roland reads this since months/years and seems that as i said it is just a pr guy.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm
I guess Adam's will be Windows only like Viper.

If only the JP-8000 ran a Motorola 56K chip! I read the usual suspects tried to see if anyone had schematics for custom Toshiba chips Roland used. Maybe Roland are in the same boat and somehow unable to port the JP-8000 code.

is the roland techno collection board available as vst?

searching for the teknoperator and the dirt jungle patch...

Is it an extended JP6K ? Never heard anything about it, do you have a link ? Would be nice work, I really like viper

Uhm.. Didn't he make one like 10 years ago

db3 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 pm
I guess Adam's will be Windows only like Viper.

If only the JP-8000 ran a Motorola 56K chip! I read the usual suspects tried to see if anyone had schematics for custom Toshiba chips Roland used. Maybe Roland are in the same boat and somehow unable to port the JP-8000 code.
Windows only is an issue? People actually use Mac?? Haha 😂

how constructive, so fresh and already made it to my ignorelist

Return to “Instruments”