SoundMorph: Dust, granular flow motion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I contacted the dev to see about a demo. I'll let you know what they say.

Numanoid wrote:
Caine123 wrote:this seems to make sound design just like kindergarden, with this you could release sound packs every day?......
...or never having to buy another Steve Roach album :D

I mean for drone lovers, just starting this thing up and letting it flow would make some delightful music by itself
yes and im a drone whore! :)
exmatproton wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Caine123 wrote:can you also use it as an effect vst? or only instrument?
According to what is stated at the release page it is both "a synthesizer and effect plugin"

A shame though that they don't offer a demo version, this kind of complex plug a user need to be able to try before buying.
The effect-side won't work in FL Studio. No audio in possibilities
a bug or doesnt simply work? :(
im an fl user...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Caine123 wrote:this seems to make sound design just like kindergarden, with this you could release sound packs every day?......

I mean for drone lovers, just starting this thing up and letting it flow would make some delightful music by itself
exmatproton wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
According to what is stated at the release page it is both "a synthesizer and effect plugin"

A shame though that they don't offer a demo version, this kind of complex plug a user need to be able to try before buying.
im an fl user...
It simply won't work. I've tried the 2 different instances in Patcher as well. But 1 instance has only 1 midi input and the other has only 1 audio input (you'll need midi for the triggering).. :dog:

exmatproton wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

exmatproton wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

im an fl user...
It simply won't work. I've tried the 2 different instances in Patcher as well. But 1 instance has only 1 midi input and the other has only 1 audio input (you'll need midi for the triggering).. :dog:
Yeah, something's broken with audio in. It also crashes Bitwig and Reaper if you switch to live audio as a source and there doesn't seem to be any output. I wrote them to tell them about it but I can't make out anything more meaningful to contribute to troubleshooting.
Last edited by wasi on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The VST version at least works fine in Bitwig (i have the 8 track). I had a short play and think this will be great for ambient and experimental stuff. It can create some really nice moving sounds. Add a great delay and reverb on top and it´s even better.
I have to explore it in depth at the weekend and hope they fix (or have an idea) how to use it in Logic....i don´t like Bitwig really (compared to Logic).

There's also only a VSTi version (at least at this point) so if you're with Ableton you're stuck with no audio in anyway.

The GUI reminds me of that old school shooter game

yeah thanks guys...i just bought it.

anyone else have all kinds of problems with it?

attempting to install as vst3 resulted in it dropping a .dll file into my vst3 folder instead of a .vst3 file...so that didnt work. then the installer kept crashing with access violations galore, so removing it was a problem...then trying to re-install it was also a problem, because you know...access violations.

once i got it installed and seen in fl studio...well the gui is a freaking mess. clicking things results in nothing happening at all or in pop up boxes that insta-close before i can click on anything, i cant change presets or load samples...also my desktop keeps flashing through. speaking of presets...whos idea was it to not have a simple previous/next button set up to navigate through the presets...why do i have to deal with clicking through menu trees at all for that? ugh.

also it completely crashed fl studio 3 times in 15 minutes. it really doesnt like you clicking on it to do things.

the sounds i did get it to make were...ok? maybe...not really.

as someone suggested it might be...this is no replacement for psybox.

ehhh....im just grumpy because i was all excited and its buggy as hell. maybe tomorrow it will be better.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:yeah thanks guys...i just bought it.

attempting to install as vst3 resulted in it dropping a .dll file into my vst3 folder instead of a .vst3 file...so that didnt work. then the installer kept crashing with access violations galore, so removing it was a problem...then trying to re-install it was also a problem, because you know...access violations.

once i got it installed and seen in fl studio...well the gui is a freaking mess. clicking things results in nothing happening at all or in pop up boxes that insta-close before i can click on anything, i cant change presets or load samples...also my desktop keeps flashing through. speaking of presets...whos idea was it to not have a simple previous/next button set up to navigate through the presets...why do i have to deal with clicking through menu trees at all for that? ugh.

also it completely crashed fl studio 3 times in 15 minutes. it really doesnt like you clicking on it to do things.

ehhh....im just grumpy because i was all excited and its buggy as hell. maybe tomorrow it will be better.
And this is why I insist on a demo.

Thanks. One less thing to have to purchase.

Shame...looked promising.

wagtunes wrote:

well now, dont take just my word for it. i did say i was just grumpy and that i would try again tomorrow. well i didnt wait for tomorrow. after a restart of my computer...its working much better. i still feel the gui is slow and clunky, and i dont like that they sacrificed utility for a "wow" factor thats really not that "wow"...but it is working now.

menus stay open...fls is not crashing anymore...i still have to click several times for it to respond sometimes...but its not that bad.

as for the sound...eh...im still thinking its not as interesting as i had hoped/expected. if you have reaktor...both dron-e and graincube blow this completely out of the water...and theyre free. and as i said before...this is not psybox (or ambitron for that matter, which this more closely resembles).

for all its bells and whistles...the actual sounds are kinda meh (so far...ive only used it for a very short time). perhaps it will grow on me...we shall see.

as it stands right now...i cant think of a reason why id reach for this when i have ambitron.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

well now, dont take just my word for it. i did say i was just grumpy and that i would try again tomorrow. well i didnt wait for tomorrow. after a restart of my computer...its working much better. i still feel the gui is slow and clunky, and i dont like that they sacrificed utility for a "wow" factor thats really not that "wow"...but it is working now.
nope...i spoke too soon. this thing is an absolute mess. trying to use it as an effect made it produce some kind of horrible loud ass glitchy buzzing sound that would have messed up my speakers if i wanst using headphones. also the gui turned all kinds of werid colors and became unreadable at the same time as the glitchy sound happened, all this lasted about 10 seconds before fls couldnt take it anymore and crashed.

now im mad i spent money on it.
ImageImageImage

maybe try a different daw if you can to see if it plays better? I mean, the sound from the demos is actually quite impressive and he was simply cycling through presets? Can't see how the sound would suddenly just be not good? Would really like to hear some opinions on the sound itself, in case anyone can work with it without any gui errors. My interest is peaked and want this to be cool as shown, too bad for bugs, maybe they get fixed soon?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

It's pretty deep as far as modulation goes and less chaotic than others at the same time. Because of this it predictably requires more work than the more random instruments to get it to those 'deep' places.

The binaural spacialization for example is really awesome, intuitive and quite unique as far as I can tell.

Still, they messed up the fx implementation. It's broken at this point and besides, it should be a VST-fx device that takes midi input, not a VSTi that takes audio. I hope they fix whatever is braking auto input and change this while they're at it.

But yeah, it's broken as an effect right now. Thank God for Bitwig's sandboxing.

wasi wrote:Looks like somebody finally brought back Ambitron (and then some). :love:

They have a sale, WINTER is the code.

thanks! :tu:

hmmmm sounds not good :(
i really am intrigued to buy it but i need some walkthrough etc :/
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”