Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:21 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:01 pm I really have to say i didnt understand divas mod matrix yet...
It was originally supposed to work with patch cables, similar to the MS-20. Something tells me it was a good idea to do it differently, like the way we did... it's not really a ModMatrix though, more a set of classic modifiers.

But yeah, a future major retrofit would probably come with a real ModMatrix, which in our recent stuff incorporates all those modifiers "just like that".
Gotcha!!!!! cannot wait, Diva is a Diva :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Urs wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:21 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:01 pm I really have to say i didnt understand divas mod matrix yet...
It was originally supposed to work with patch cables, similar to the MS-20. Something tells me it was a good idea to do it differently, like the way we did... it's not really a ModMatrix though, more a set of classic modifiers.

But yeah, a future major retrofit would probably come with a real ModMatrix, which in our recent stuff incorporates all those modifiers "just like that".
Mod matrix would be awesome. Drag and drop modulation?? :pray:

Yeah when I picture my ideal diva 2 it’s basically a diva/hive mashup with all the modulation tricks combined with diva’s sound engine.

also add Repro modules maybe. :D

Ploki wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:13 pm also add Repro modules maybe. :D
repro-s effects and more :D

1. Repro Modules (1&5)
2. More Complex and advenced mod matrix (like in zebra and so on)
3. 8 lfo's and some more EG's (six is good number), apart from filter and amp EG's.
4. Vermona Mono Lancet/Perfourmer models (really love it's sound).
5. Global Tune knob for ALL osc section (with precise fine-tune also) - with fm mods it's essential to make patch in tune with others !!!

1) More classic synth modules and original modules, at least 5 more.
2) More analog sound! This is the biggest reason why I like Diva. It has the best sound and closest sound to analog compared to all VST's I've heard.
3) More modulation
4) A lot more filters
5) Wavetable and other OSC types? This could make it an all-around synth, but with a classic analog sound.

3ptguitarist wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:02 am 5) Wavetable and other OSC types? This could make it an all-around synth, but with a classic analog sound.
I'm not sure they'd do wavetable. Diva's tagline after all is "the spirit of analog." Introducing those more digital/modern OSC types might undermine Diva's purpose as an "analog" synth. Could be completely wrong though, and they could implement it in a future update.

I like your other suggestions though :)
i can't really make music

FAS122 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:39 am
3ptguitarist wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:02 am 5) Wavetable and other OSC types? This could make it an all-around synth, but with a classic analog sound.
I'm not sure they'd do wavetable. Diva's tagline after all is "the spirit of analog." Introducing those more digital/modern OSC types might undermine Diva's purpose as an "analog" synth. Could be completely wrong though, and they could implement it in a future update.

True. I guess Diva would become a super synth if it added a those extra oscillators.

Right now from Diva I would love a more full featured arp, and key hold mode please.
dedication to flying

Noise mod and more effects+slots and im happy. Im not sure if i need mod matrix.

Lets be honest Hive with Dirty engine on can do Diva stuff and more very well :-)

3ptguitarist wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 am
FAS122 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:39 am

True. I guess Diva would become a super synth if it added a those extra oscillators.
Well, we already have a Roland digital oscillator section in there, I see no reason that something like a PPG or Microwave 1 engine wouldn’t fit well along side those, especially if the way the wavetables are rendered were modeled accurately based on the originals.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I’d like to see the modulation modifier section completely revamped so that a nested drop down menu would allow you to choose things like “LFO1 Add Velo” with a secondary amount ring on the knob. That panel is completely removed and visually it would make more sense than looking at a label that says, “Add” and you have no idea what’s going on until you navigate to the panel.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

This is a simple one: a button that would reverse the signal flow between the two effects modules. Specifically, a radio button, switch, or toggle with a label of "Reverse FX modules (FX2 -> FX1)".

This would be a huge convenience when tweaking intricate settings for Delay and Plate and then wondering what the second one would sound like before the first one instead. Would also make mapping parameter controls easier, as only one set would need to be mapped: rather than a full mapping for FX1 Delay, FX1 Plate, FX2 Delay, FX2 Plate etc.

I wish for Diva 2 to be less CPU hungry.

Return to “u-he”