XLN RC-20 Retro Color

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RC-20 Retro Color

Ive looked at this a few times previously and now on sale for £16 at PB. Tempted to pull the trigger 🤷‍♂️

Edit. Bought. Just waiting for serial from PB which is very unusual for them
Last edited by ramseysounds on Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I'm tempted cause of XO being so superb, but I have Turnado and other effects layering programs. Turnado is a gem as is XO. Not sure if RC-20 would end up being a gem but this guy really like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQciUti6Nkk&t=396s

Good one. Warm and deep.

Sweet deal indeed. Don’t forget to check any virtual cash or rewards you may have in your PluginBoutique account, as they can all be deducted from the (sale) price in cart.

Fleer wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:49 am Sweet deal indeed. Don’t forget to check any virtual cash or rewards you may have in your PluginBoutique account, as they can all be deducted from the (sale) price in cart.
I did this and ended up getting it for about 6 quid. :D

Mr Arkadin wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:49 pm
Fleer wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:49 am Sweet deal indeed. Don’t forget to check any virtual cash or rewards you may have in your PluginBoutique account, as they can all be deducted from the (sale) price in cart.
I’m about to do the same with Softube’s Spring Reverb. Yet another Analog Lab Intro freebie without a home ;)

And now the website is down? Must be lots of sales at the giveaway price :shrug:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Fleer wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:04 pm
I’m about to do the same with Softube’s Spring Reverb. Yet another Analog Lab Intro freebie without a home ;)
Demo Softube Spring first. Not a fan. And I love springs.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:10 am
Fleer wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:04 pm
Demo Softube Spring first. Not a fan. And I love springs.
Thanks! Already have the Eventide so I’m wondering what the Softube might add. Wouldn’t use it for guitars of drums, rather for keyboards or maybe vocals. I have the Softube Tube Delay and like it.

I don't regret buying this so far. It's like a one-stop shop for retro lo-fi stuff.
I still wish it oversampled - esp. "air" algo distortion because it can sound a bit fizzy if driven too far.

But all in all i don't think there's any plugin really like it. The "Flux" thing is super cool, and it's one of the more fun/natural wow/flutters i have (when i want an obvious wow/flutter)

That magnetic part if something unique. Loving it!! Rest is obtainable in other plugs and if you havent start with RC-20 you probably got most of them covered, still good quality though. But i am surely going to use it for that last effect.

Released a NEW PRESET PACK for XLN Audio RC-20

Embrays Designs - Collection of 85 Presets for XLN Audio RC-20

More Info and Purchase Link - https://embrays.gumroad.com

Do Check out the Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXU9Y7bFA8U

Presets Divided into 7 Categories - KEYS, GUITARS, VOCALS, SYNTHS, FULL MIX, BASS, DRUMS

Combined the Modules in a variety of ways for Modern, Vintage, Spacey, Widening, Emulations, Saturation, Distortion, Reverb, Noises, Pitch Deviations, Wobbles, Volume Dynamics, Tremors, Dropouts, Bit Reductions, Stereo Detuning and many more types of Presets tuned Perfect for the specific Instruments.

For those who use RC-20 regularly, This is a must have Essential Collection of Presets,
Factory Presets are mainly focused to be Generally used on any Audio as Retro Colouring Effect, whereas these are Designed to get best out of each Modules individually and combined for a variety of Simple Regular Effects to Creative Unique Effects.

Do Check em out and Support.

Cheers
B Ray (Embrays Designs)
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

Return to “Effects”