can only get the Piano Instrument to play - no others - why?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi to all,

Out of the blue all my instruments in RapidComposer have changed and I can't seem to get any sounds back.

I was writing a series of piano quartets - (violin, viola, cello and piano).

I'd done this for a couple of days and yesterday - without messing with any of the settings - only the piano plays back. I've tried other instruments randomly, but can only get the piano playing back.

Can anyone suggest how to do this.

(BTW - I am using the up to date version 3.0 on a 2-year old Mac.

Thanks much
Mike

didn't the latest Beta loose some sfz instruments?
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Yes, some soundfonts were removed, but if you already had those on your machine, the files are not removed. Mike uses v3.1b6

Hi Mike,

did you use VST plug-ins, or soundfonts for your instruments? Were the VST plug-ins loaded, only there is no sound, or the plug-ins were not loaded at all (editor cannot be opened)? Please send me more details, e.g. which VST plug-in was used.

Under 'History' tab can you go back a few revisions which load the instruments properly? Please make a backup first of your latest composition.

Can you select the same instrument again for the tracks?

I'll send you links to the latest version. There have been fixes added for issues with VST plug-in instances around v3.1b14.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply Attila.
I'm only using the Instruments within RC.

I'm not accessing VSTs at this stage.

I just installed the V3.1 and still only accessing piano sounds - any other suggestions will be appreciated!

Mike

Solved it!

For some reason, my RC doesn't like sounds to be set to General Midi.

Changing the sounds to "SF2 General user" gave me access to the sounds that went missing.

M.

Yes, sorry for the confusion.
Use 'General MIDI' only when you send MIDI events to an external virtual instrument, or hardware synth.
If the instrument is MIDI, no audio is generated, only MIDI event are sent to a port.
Which means you won't hear audio in RapidComposer. (When using MIDI only, you don't have to set-up audio, you can keep it disabled. A very precise internal sequencer is used, instead of the audio clock).

For soundfonts and VST instruments RapidComposer will make sound. (Setting up audio is mandatory.)

I am happy that you solved it!
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”