ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

ATN69 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:20 am Sorry for jumping into this thread with a question but it seems most people here are knowledgeable about ToneBoosters.

I have some ToneBoosters plugs, including older barricade, reelbus, etc. I love them. When I open the website I can't see if there are any special upgrade prices to the latest version, or I have to pay full price for the newer versions? 30EUR / plug is not too much anyway but I am just being curious.

Cheers!

I asked the same question here and one reply stated avantgate handled the discount but from what I could tell that wasn't the case.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's been about a year since I upgraded, but IIRC there is a place in Avangate listing upgrade-eligible TB plugins associated with your account, you click there to purchase. Wasn't the most elegant/intuitive process but it worked. I don't know if account data previous to TB using Avangate made it in there, though.

TB upgrade is by far some of the best $$ I've ever spent on music software.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:06 pm Yes, and I have been, (extremely successfully I might add), for over a decade. If you'd read my post you quoted, you'd also know I've been trialling REAPER for a year, and am considering switching most of my mastering work to it in future, precisely due to the fact that there haven't been any Mulch updates for over half a decade now, but there I go repeating myself...

Why, what's it to you? Not really sure about your angle/the "serious" jibe/the need for your post.
No need to repeat yourself I know you trialed Reaper. It's the fact that you use an obscure barely maintained DAW that peeked my interest. There's no hidden jibe at all. I just believed the mastering industry was very standardised and everyone used the same DAWs for all the benefits that brings.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

The mastering DAW scene is way more colorful than record/mixing :tu:

Yep, all over the shop, no standard. If it works...

Winstontaneous wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:53 pm It's been about a year since I upgraded, but IIRC there is a place in Avangate listing upgrade-eligible TB plugins associated with your account, you click there to purchase. Wasn't the most elegant/intuitive process but it worked. I don't know if account data previous to TB using Avangate made it in there, though.

TB upgrade is by far some of the best $$ I've ever spent on music software.
They seem to have stopped using Avangate. Now, it is 2Checkout and I have not seen an option for upgrade pricing there. So, I guess they have stopped both: reduced uprade pricing and 32 bit support. Although I really like the plugins, the new versions do not offer enough for me to bear both.

AKJ wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:18 pm They seem to have stopped using Avangate. Now, it is 2Checkout ...
Avantgate "IS" 2Checkout (now) :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

Maybe, but still: have not seen an option for upgrades

Vortifex wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:55 pm
Doc Brown wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:33 pm
ATN69 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:20 am Sorry for jumping into this thread with a question but it seems most people here are knowledgeable about ToneBoosters.

I have some ToneBoosters plugs, including older barricade, reelbus, etc. I love them. When I open the website I can't see if there are any special upgrade prices to the latest version, or I have to pay full price for the newer versions? 30EUR / plug is not too much anyway but I am just being curious.

Cheers!

I asked the same question here and one reply stated avantgate handled the discount but from what I could tell that wasn't the case.
I would check your email folders, because if you own one of his plugins and there's an upgrade for it you should get a personal discount link sent to you.
The updated plugins are 30 EUR / pcs, which is still quite cheap in regards to the quality and functionality of these plugins. Even though I had Barricade v3 I bought v4 and paid the 30 EUR. I have the bus tools v3 bundle, Reverb v4 and Morphit. They are all great.

I didn't pull the trigger on ReelBus 4 and Equalizer 4 yet but I plan to get them as well. I would love to see EBU loudness and some of the others getting a face lift as well :)
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

In doubt, contact the dev. I did, and got a discount for TB-EQ as an owner of the Track Essentials.

When I upgraded in January there was text on TB site mentioning V4 discounts for owners of earlier versions. No longer see it there...as chk071 says, worth contacting Jeroen.

Regardless, I feel the V4 plugs are comparable to much more expensive devices and are still a bargain at full price.

AKJ wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:18 pm Although I really like the plugins, the new versions do not offer enough for me to bear both.
Well,they do say that beauty is in the eyes (and the ears) of the beholder...

I'm not the only one to know that the v4 TB plugins come with some great new features,along with improvements in efficiency and quality..

Many companies have moved away from supporting x86 systems because the x64 platforms offers many more practical advantages in every application...

But there's always a few die hards fighting vainly to hold on to their antiquities :wink:
No auto tune...

AKJ wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:50 pm Maybe, but still: have not seen an option for upgrades
but they exist. Upgrading from an older version costs signficantly less than the full license.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

But where do they exsist?

Return to “Effects”